Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Robbieohman

23 Jul 2014 19:19

why is not it 1.70 can be downloaded when it is already tuola website
:D

Arexander
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2014 20:17

I ran that through the translation and it seems that the bad English in this case is because of the translation program (disregarding the typo of tuola -> tuolla = there). I've tested it on Google.

1.70 is not yet downloadable, because it hasn't been finished. It hasn't been finished, because SCS hasn't released their update on ETS2 yet.

ScuL
Founder

24 Jul 2014 11:19

jussi wrote:Dont forget to put orange plastic frames like this around the finish trucks recistration plates.
This is not possible
Nissantruck wrote:Päivää! Hello! No offense to you Jussi but if I'm not mistaken not all of the trucks have orange frames around the plates,but you can find orange plate frames even in vans.And if i continue this talking about licence plates i must say that in the Scania trucks in the game you can see an error/mistake in the Finnish license plates and they should be like this example: ABC-123 and now they are like this example: ABC 123 so you can see that missing line between letters and numbers and i know that it's just a small mistake, but at least it annoys me every time i look at the plates of the my Finnish registered Scania truck.And i cant remember that i have seen that problem in other trucks,i mean only the Scania trucks that are registered to Finland appears to have that problem if i am not wrong about it,so please fix the problem.(My licence plate font was wrong in the example).
No you are wrong. There is a dash but it is small (the dash on Finnish plates is much smaller than the dash on other countries' license plates)

Here you can clearly see the dash:

There is no difference between license plate rendering on different brands of trucks or trailers or cars..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nissantruck

24 Jul 2014 17:29

Hello! Päivää! First i must say that i am not wrong,i'm right, and here is the proof.
Of these, three Finnish license plate images can clearly see that they do not have the missing dash,or at least,i cant see it in the pictures and this is the same problem with other users of the ets2 and usually the Scania trucks do not have the missing dash if they have the Finnish license plates.
Attachments
ets2 No Dash..jpg
That looks like a Swedish registration number without the dash.
ets2 No Dash..jpg (114.06 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
ets2 Dash..jpg
Where is the dash.
ets2 Dash..jpg (15.28 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
ets2 Where is the dash..jpg
Missing dash.
ets2 Where is the dash..jpg (24.46 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Last edited by Nissantruck on 24 Jul 2014 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

mursu327

24 Jul 2014 17:33

Its just a license plate............. :|
Bad english sorry :)

Nissantruck

24 Jul 2014 17:37

Päivää! Hello! Yes, it is just a license plate but it is still not correct, unfortunately.And it is not correct like that if you use the Finnish plates in your truck.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2014 20:33

hmm interesting that ScuL has a different result than you guys...
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Arexander
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2014 21:07

I just checked it myself, and it seems that all the player-bought trucks have problems showing the correct Finnish registration plates but all the AI vehicles have no problems whatsoever. Shown belove are pictures of my MAN, Renault and Scania all missing the dashes (none sporting a custom plate from World of Trucks) and some even missing a letter from the normal three-letter and three-number plates. Also shown are pictures of various AI vehicles, including both cars and trucks, all of them with a correct Finnish registration plate.

MAN

Renault

Scania

Parked AI cars at Helsinki Garage

AI car passing by Helsinki Garage

AI truck passing by Helsinki Garage

[EDIT] Dammit, no spoilers on this forum. Implementation, please? :mrgreen:

LoaderSaints

25 Jul 2014 07:12

Arexander wrote:I just checked it myself, and it seems that all the player-bought trucks have problems showing the correct Finnish registration plates but all the AI vehicles have no problems whatsoever. Shown belove are pictures of my MAN, Renault and Scania all missing the dashes (none sporting a custom plate from World of Trucks) and some even missing a letter from the normal three-letter and three-number plates. Also shown are pictures of various AI vehicles, including both cars and trucks, all of them with a correct Finnish registration plate.
So it seems that the AI is fine, but the player bought trucks are not. I think the plates are wrong no matter what truck you use as in addition to those trucks already mentioned the Volvos also have wrong plates in Finland. I hope this issue can be resolved.

LoaderSaints

25 Jul 2014 07:16

jussi wrote:Dont forget to put orange plastic frames like this around the finish trucks recistration plates.
Sorry this goes a bit offtopic:
Perhaps someone could make a mod that adds the frame as an accessory so it would be optional. Because why not?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information