direct x 9 crash

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
moustiqo

11 Sep 2013 19:32

Well even without the other mods the games was crashing. But as stated in this post http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=226&start=40 lowering the graphics seems to solve the problem. Went to Helsinki and everything seems to work just fine.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2013 19:40

Some cities have alot of models standing around (especially Oslo but also Helsinki)...

It might be that slower machines get problems and start to crash (I can't tell, I don't have any slow machines to test it on.)
It might be that if the pc needs to run the max it can that the game starts causing trouble
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

busterbrown

12 Sep 2013 02:38

Oslo is a bad place for me, don't crash but my frame rates drop from 75 ( Set at 75 refresh rates ) to sometimes 20 in cab and 18/30 outside cab ( #2 key ). Get aways out of town and I'm ok and back up to 45/70 FPS in cab mirrors ( both ) or no mirrors and 60/70 FPS outside cab. I've a few mods but they work real good anywhere on the ETS2 map ( all of it ) except Oslo.

That town needs overhauling. :mrgreen:

Until the next map fix I'm staying away from oslo. I'll be happy just going around. 8-)

EDIT: The above was Yesterday using BFG Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 OC 896MB GDDR3. This evening I put in a EVGA Nvidia GF GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked 2GB GDDR5. Will have to eat my words and get a load to Oslo tomorrow afternoon as down here in southern Germany I'm getting my max rate of 75 no mater what the scenery nor light of day ( so far anyway ). This new Graphic card really blows smoke. ( Not literally :roll: ) :mrgreen:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have ETS2 set to max, as of now there just isn't any more. ( well of course I'm bragging :D )
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information