Entering and exiting ferries

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
mmik
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2015 19:51

Can anybody tell me, why is it that you enter a ferry in one side, and when you are going to leave it, all off a sudden your truck i parked in the opposite side :?:
Do´nt take life to seriously - nobody get´s out alive anyway.

Vladzz-G
Developer

27 Mar 2015 20:11

Maybe it's happens, because someone has replaced your truck, while you are chilling in a ferry. :lol:

Try Calais-Dover ferry route. There nobody will replaces your truck in opposite side.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

martinusK

27 Mar 2015 20:45

Hope SCS will add a realistic ferry system sometime, with scheduled ferries and actually seeing and having to wait for AI to drive off the ferry before you.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2015 21:04

No idea if it is with all, but a lot of them have exit/entrance bays on both sides of the ship

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2015 01:17

Wolfpig wrote:No idea if it is with all, but a lot of them have exit/entrance bays on both sides of the ship
Well, the illusion breaks down because when pulling onto the ferry, you're parked on the inner lane on the port (left) side of the ferry...

...but when you arrive, you are suddenly on the inner lane of the starboard (right) side, and facing the opposite direction.

So, either way it's "wrong" and destroys the illusion.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2015 03:38

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
Wolfpig wrote:No idea if it is with all, but a lot of them have exit/entrance bays on both sides of the ship
Well, the illusion breaks down because when pulling onto the ferry, you're parked on the inner lane on the port (left) side of the ferry...

...but when you arrive, you are suddenly on the inner lane of the starboard (right) side, and facing the opposite direction.

So, either way it's "wrong" and destroys the illusion.
Well, in real life you have to drop your trailer suspension as to not tear up your tractor mudguards on the slopes and transitions as well, so, to get it totally realistic would be a game on it's own. It's a simulation, therefore an approximation, deal with it. :|
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2015 09:06

I always found ferries a bit of a nuisance that break the flow of the game, but they can come very handy when you time your rest stops. All in all I'm not too bothered but I prefer driving on a road than taking a ferry.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2015 10:17

mmik wrote:Can anybody tell me, why is it that you enter a ferry in one side, and when you are going to leave it, all off a sudden your truck i parked in the opposite side :?:
It's the same ferry model with a ferry pointer at only one place inside
Could be solved by a change to the game engine and having two ferry models
In one port you enter at the stern the other port at the bow

Oh btw the ferries really are a great cheat system, if you have some garages and have a lack of money
The more ferries you use the faster you get your money from the garages
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2015 01:05

plykkegaard wrote:Oh btw the ferries really are a great cheat system, if you have some garages and have a lack of money
The more ferries you use the faster you get your money from the garages
And here I thought the drivers brought in the money... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information