Beer as a cargo?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Superdavecan

21 Oct 2014 20:10

I remember years ago, with one of SCS's older games (18 WoS PTTM), beer was available as a cargo. But then in the next instalment (18 WoS Convoy), beer was removed and changed to "beans", and even the trailer was repainted, making it look rather strange that beans were being transported in what was clearly a beer trailer :lol: . To date I've never seen beer re-appear...

I suspect it could have been due to pressure from the regulators... after all, these are games intended for all ages and perhaps it wouldn't always be appropriate for children! But I just wondered, had ProMods thought of adding it to the economy as one of the cargoes? Or did I guess correctly about why it remains absent? Just thought about this and I'm curious.

ZelvaCZ

21 Oct 2014 20:19

If I'm right, ProMods adds trailers only if the items are the main products of ProMods' custom companies. I did not hear anything about beer trailer and I don't expect it to appear in ProMods.

Btw, there are some trailer packs on the internet, I ecommend Jazzycat's pack, it includes beer and tens of other trailers. Anyway, this trailer pack is not oficially supported by ProMods, for example, some oversize trailers often gets stuck under some bridges.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2014 20:50

ZelvaCZ wrote:I ecommend Jazzycat's pack, it includes beer and tens of other trailers. Anyway, this trailer pack is not oficially supported by ProMods, for example, some oversize trailers often gets stuck under some bridges.
If using the oversized trailers pay attention to the GPS route, toll gates are usually a no go too
Save often, use quick safe and retry using an alternative rute if you get stuck. It's an interesting challenge, from time to time even the AI behaves like a jerk - just like IRL ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Superdavecan

21 Oct 2014 21:12

I didn't mean with an add-on trailer pack. I meant if beer was considered to be created as one of the standard cargoes.

keesjan8
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 11:11

Superdavecan wrote:I didn't mean with an add-on trailer pack. I meant if beer was considered to be created as one of the standard cargoes.
Don't think we will see those beer trailers back anytime soon :( because of advertising alcohol to under aged people and other regulations.

If you want just an trailer pack with normal drinks cargo (no oversize) I recommend this one: http://www.bestmods.net/euro-truck-simu ... tor-2-mod/

Has some nice trailers :)

Purno
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2014 13:36

As far as I know, beer was never really transported over long distances. Since its main ingredient is water, it's cheaper to transport the ingredients and brew beer locally.

Superdavecan

22 Oct 2014 17:35

keesjan8 wrote:
Don't think we will see those beer trailers back anytime soon :( because of advertising alcohol to under aged people and other regulations.
Yeah I figured that was probably the reason SCS removed beer as a cargo and replaced it with "beans" many years ago... that's completely understandable. It just looked funny how the standard "Bull Beer" trailer in 18WoS PTTM had been re-painted as "Bull Bean" for 18WoS Convoy and onwards... despite the fact that it was very clearly a beer trailer. :lol: And in case a few people misunderstood, it doesn't have anything to do with custom trailers... these were the standard SCS ones at the time. In fact, I have virtually no interest in custom trailers or even custom trucks... I'm much more interested in maps and scenery. ;)
Purno wrote:
As far as I know, beer was never really transported over long distances. Since its main ingredient is water, it's cheaper to transport the ingredients and brew beer locally.
He has a point ;) And it's better that way anyway. Anywhere I travel somewhere, I always make a point of trying the local beer. :)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2014 02:24

keesjan8 wrote:Don't think we will see those beer trailers back anytime soon :( because of advertising alcohol to under aged people and other regulations.
RailWorks (I won't call it Train Simulator or TS untill they change their keyboard mapping to match) is rated 3+ and beer is a cargo on the Ruhr-Sieg line.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Rocar 512E

30 Nov 2014 13:08

Jan Verschueren wrote: RailWorks (I won't call it Train Simulator or TS untill they change their keyboard mapping to match) is rated 3+ and beer is a cargo on the Ruhr-Sieg line.
Comfirmed. You can transprt beer on the Rhur Sieg. (I also have other routes on TS2015 {yes i own that game})

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information