[1.0.0] B-Double trailers not permitted in B.C. in the sim

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
lonestranger
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2020 20:08

In reality, B-double trailers ("B train" in B.C.'s parlance) are permitted in all areas of the province. Sources:

https://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id ... ection7.31

https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/CTPM/Com_ ... Trains.pdf

I'm a B.C. resident and former commercial vehicle mechanic. I'd say they are more popular and common on B.C. roads than the "regular" A train doubles.

In the sim, they are illegal in B.C.

Illegal trailer usage offence at the weigh scale in B.C. when entering from WA (coordinates (sec-0025-0019);-99263.3;10.8587;-72294.2;-0.39669;-0.0490383):

game.log.txt: https://traff.co/gxGUdT75

Josh0

05 Dec 2020 22:01

My game allows me to purchase a B-double trailer and store it in British Columbia:

Perhaps you are using a mod which overrides ProMods trailer definition files?

Edit: It just occurred to me: if you purchased the B-double trailer(s) before installing ProMods, then installed ProMods, then tried to relocate the B-double trailer(s) to Canada the game will prevent it. The purchased trailers are still locked to the "allowed countries" list at the time of purchase even if more countries are added in the game later. So if this is what happened to you then you'll need to sell and repurchase your trailers with ProMods installed to get ownable B-doubles in Canada.

lonestranger
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2020 08:42

Thanks for your help, Josh.

I bought a fresh new trailer and was able to assign it to garages in B.C. I also tested one on the same weigh scale and I didn't get a fine.

Originally, I wasn't attempting to relocate. I had attempted to buy a new trailer, but it was using "My Fleet Configurations". Since those are essentially clones of ones I bought prior to installing ProMods, they must have suffered from the same "allowed countries" issue. I then used the in-game "copy config" tool to change all of my existing B-doubles' configuration to my newly purchased one and now all trailers can be used in B.C.

Josh0

08 Dec 2020 15:17

lonestranger wrote:
08 Dec 2020 08:42
... but it was using "My Fleet Configurations". Since those are essentially clones of ones I bought prior to installing ProMods, they must have suffered from the same "allowed countries" issue.
Ah, that is good to know.

bill.alicea

17 Dec 2020 18:47

I have loads for 2X2 configuration B-trains, but even when creating a B train in a HQ located in Promods Canada, I cant get a load on a 3X2 B-train for the stock SCS flatbed. It also tells me the trailer is not allowed in Canada.

ThisUnicorn

10 Jun 2022 22:39

SCS needs to fix things. I frequently get tours with my TP cooler that lead me through states where they aren´t allowed. Had that problem even without promods.
I just got Jackpot to Kamloops in it which is impossible to drive without fines.

Return to “Non-ProMods ATS problems”

• Information