Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Aug 2015 10:46

The BRP has been put in the Project Freezer in favour of the development of the ARP to speed up overal development.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ScuL
Founder

19 Aug 2015 11:14

PH-AMG was on holiday for a few months and has now restarted work in Germany :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2015 01:24

MandelSoft wrote:The BRP has been put in the Project Freezer in favour of the development of the ARP to speed up overal development.
Does that mean there won't be any BRP in 2.0 or that only whatever rebuilds are 100% done at this time will ship?
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

ScuL
Founder

20 Aug 2015 02:02

The Benelux area in 2.0 will be very similar to what it looks like in 1.96. Maybe some small upgrades, but bigger projects like the Brussels rebuild are on hold
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Punkii
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2015 17:25

and the rebuild of Liege, Luxembourg, Amsterdam and Groningen
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2015 17:36

Those may come in future versions.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

wkiens

29 Aug 2015 17:02

When will the Promods 2.0 version released?

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2015 17:08

wkiens wrote:When will the Promods 2.0 version released?
It will be ready when it is ready. This has been said all over the forum. Do not ask about it please.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

M4rkus

03 Sep 2015 11:50

The last days I've been on an enjoyable trip to Belgium (in a bus full of pensioners several decades older than me :lol:) - I was sitting "on deck" above the driver's seat so I had a very good view to see the roads. I know that there are quite a lot of developers from that part of Europe yet I wanted to share my observations with you. It might help to see the road system from a foreigner's view to catch the pecularities of the road network.

Belgium Rebuilding Project
- Well, a very evident feature of Belgium motorways are the street lights. Probably don't need to say this but it's the most distinct feature of Belgium's motorways so I wanted to put it on the list :P
You probably know, but a significant percentage of these lamps is not turned on at night anymore to save money. We didn't drive at night, but our guide said so. However, due to technical problems or so, sometimes they are turned on at day also ;)

- When we crossed the border from Germany to Southern Netherlands and Belgium, the landscape seem to change somewhat. Probably this is due to different land use (no large crops to be seen in Belgium) and different design of motorway surroundings. The landscape in the Netherlands seems to be more open, whereas in Belgium there are mostly bushes planted along the motorway (and sometimes even at the middle strip) that block the view to the surroundings. In Germany, the surroudings are more forestlike or there are large farmland areas that could be seen. A more subtle difference I think to have noticed is what the lawn along the motorways looks like. In the Netherlands as well as in Belgium they seem to put quite some effort into mowing the grass along the motorway, in Germany ... not so much :D
Altogether, landscape in Germany seems to be wilder and broader.

- In the Netherlands there were road sections were they have opened the emergency lane for traffic. This might be an exotic feature of the Dutch roads to be included in Promods ;) - at least I found it somewhat unusual when we occured it.
("Spitsstrook open" sign)

- In both countries, Belgium and the Netherlands, there are a lot emergency bays along the motorways - in addition to the emergency lane. They are accompanied by an orange emergency telephone and a blue sign with a car having its boot open.
(Emergency lane behind the large blue sign)

- In Brussels, there where strange signs before tunnels saying "RAPPEL / HERHALING" (placed under blue tunnel signs iirc). Didn't really know what there where meant to be and also now having looked it up, it remains a bit odd. Is it to remind the driver that there's a tunnel coming or that they should turn their lights on? Whatsoever, might be something to be put into Promods ;)

- Also in Brussels they had strange traffic lights in some places, that, instead of turning green, had a flashing amber light at the bottom. Maybe this was supposed to say "mind the pedestrians" - I think, they were placed before intersectionswith zebra crossings. I don't know if it's possible to include those. Someone said that there's a limit to one traffic light design per country but I think this might refer to how the design of the traffic lights itself.

-----------------------------

Some other things I noticed in Germany for Autobahn Rebuilding Project:
- The A38 Leipzig-Kassel has a quite interesting landscape and I think, it should be included in ProMods. [On the ARP plans this road seem to planned, but it looks like federal state rather than Autobahn. It should be an Autobahn, though. It would be strange also not to include A14 Dresden-Leipzig.]
The A38 begins in Brandis near Leipzig and Halle. The area around Halle is industrial until the landscape changes as the road approaches into Southern Harz. Foothills of the the mountains can be seen as well as Kyffhäuser with the landmark on top. The area is rather sparsely populated with the fourlane motorway (2*2) being not very busy. It leads along the periphery of the German federal states Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and then, through a tunnel, to Lower Saxony. There are huge mine dumps along the way due to exploitation of, I think, potash. Which would make it a nice destination for Euro Truck Simulator 2 ;)
(Even though this picture is from a place near Hannover, it gives a good impression of the mine dumps.)

- Getting further into the West, into direction of Kassel, landscape changes a lot, more hilly and with much more forests. This area is already covered by Promods. When we drove through the Ruhr area, I noticed how green the landscape is, like a jungle with industry. The road network reminded me of what I saw on Promods videos ;)
Last edited by M4rkus on 04 Sep 2015 10:05, edited 3 times in total.

jarno1975

03 Sep 2015 18:48

"RAPPEL / HERHALING" is a bit strange though. Rappel is French en means Reminder. Herhaling is Dutch and means Repeat. Most likely it's placed under a speed sign.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information