Assets & General Improvements

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Sep 2015 21:23

Look mate, let's get some things straight here for a moment.

Firstly, we are very open to all feedback, good or bad, but as long as you prove them. All you've done is just give some random points without explaining them.

Secondly, if you're going to give feedback, and we replies to you proving the opposite, and you just leave the discussion blaming us for not taking your opinion, then, I'm sorry, but that's not a discussion, and it's your fault for that. Have you ever debated before? Because if you have, you should know this stuff already.

Thirdly, if you don't like ProMods, you are very welcome to troll somewhere else, and I'll happily show you the exit as well. In fact, why not go to the SCS forum, I bet Reef's looking forward to people like you.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2015 21:36

gibanica wrote:Im making scenaries for a bit more complicated simulations than you do
Complicated? Seriously? Graphics looks like something from the nineties
Eg GTA runs on a nice engine
Would be interesting to create a standalone truck mod on that engine allthough it'll probably have an issue with all of Europe as a map
Each to it's own I'd say ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Vøytek
Developer

17 Sep 2015 23:09

Truck simulator in GTA is probably possible to made. The map is already done, there are some companies ;)
I didn't notice trucking missions in V but it was possible to take a cargo in San Andreas but as we all know - that's not a simulation, no matter how realistic GTA handling is. It lacks the whole thing with garages, drivers and so on.

The problem with exporting ETS2 map to GTA's engine is the big difference in base assumptions of those maps.
ETS - big terrain with only roads and cities mapped, and the whole terrain is empty.
GTA - one big city, few smaller, roads, airports, mountains you can climb (with a truck, why not :D) and it's all on an island, which is fully mapped in a very detailed way.
I think you know what I mean but I don't think that ETS engine is worse. Just completely different game, thus different feeling.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2015 23:20

Yep each to it's own

MYE2001

18 Sep 2015 07:12

Just I want to mention because the topic opened,I find the vegetation and grasses a bit unrealistic.Not just in ProMods,but all the maps,so I assume it`s caused by the game engine? I appreciate everyone`s work,just I wanted to mention.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2015 08:24

It's the way SCS set that up. Big companies like Rockstar and EA can do better ofc.

If you compare it to other games in the same genre there is none that comes this close to reality than ets2. Also looking at physics.

I mainly compare it now to all those astragon simulation games, OMSI and also the old SCS games.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

KUMODE

18 Sep 2015 09:08

To be honest what Promods has done (with the general SCS engine and assets) is just great.

The priority for a trucking simulator like ETS2 is to give the player the feeling of actually maneuvering the truck around the Europe and all the specific places which Europe has to offer. I can for one say that Promods team and SCS team in general have done magnificent job of creating the feeling of worthy truck driving simulator and the immersion you can create for yourself with additional mods and tweaks.

Just taking a look at the screenshots that the fine gentleman posted of his maps - the scenery there does not look refined at all. However, putting in about 6-8k km on Promods map, I can safely say that the scenery (with a few exceptions) looks very refined and realistic. Realistic on a scale of what the engine and the game can offer, of course.

Hadi588

18 Sep 2015 13:35

I never visited Europe for me Pro-mods is Europe..Yes its true that trees and forest at some places are disappointing but due to lack of tree models..After DLC assets things have improved a lot like trees, bushes alongside roads..Denmark seems so Real in pro-mods and a lot more..I hope one day pro-mod add leave less trees which are abundant through out the Europe in winter season..

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2015 16:00

Season in game is fixed to late summer
Could be fun though with trees which are decaying, stubs, trees hit by lightning etc but it takes tri-count which could be used better on other models etc

Vøytek
Developer

18 Sep 2015 16:46

The best thing is that the game is being improved all the time so... maybe in the future there will be seasons? And some other new, crazy stuff that some guys demand :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information