ProMods Community Discord ban appeal topic

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Darcus26
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2023 18:07

Volleybal4life wrote:
10 Mar 2023 04:53
I am missing a recent game.log, and you Discord Nickname is not your Discord ID.
Because I was using with my real name. I've changed it back now.

and here is game.log

Omicron
Developer

16 Mar 2023 16:31

You have now been unbanned.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

nemo95
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2023 22:58

Hello.

Could you kindly provide me with a justification for my ban from the Discord server of Promods? I had asked a single inquiry about the approximate release date of the new version of ETS2 update, yet the ban reason states that I had repeatedly asked for information. Moreover, I am curious as to why I am being penalized for my inquiry when other members had responded unfriendly and with toxicity towards me. I seek clarification regarding the logical reason for my ban.
Another matter I wish to bring to your attention is the removal of all my messages from the Ets2-promods section. While I have a backup account and had intended to capture screenshots of the deleted messages, I was unable to do so as they were no longer available. It appears that your moderator/admin has deleted all of them. I would appreciate clarification on this action and the reasoning behind it.
I have always acted responsibly and lawfully within the community, consistently paying for my copy of mods. In my opinion, banning individuals for making reasonable inquiries is not an acceptable practice. As a server owner, host provider of game servers, and game administrator myself, I fail to understand the justification for this action. Therefore, I would suggest appointing more mature and professional individuals to such positions. I am not requesting to be unbanned, but rather would like to suggest that your staff be given better training and that more professional individuals be appointed to represent your company. The actions of some staff members can negatively impact the reputation of your company, which is why it is crucial to ensure that they behave in a professional manner.

Best regards,

!MerlinTheWizard#1237

Nemanja Tesic

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 16:18

You were banned because you didn't accepted the answer people gave you, they were not toxic to you, they just explained to you that there's no planned release date and that it is ready when it's ready. We don't ban people when they ask once, but if they don't accept the answers people give them, it's a different story, you can rejoin the server when the 7 day ban is over.
The messages get automatically deleted by the bot when people get banned, so this is not our doing, but a feature in the Dyno moderation bot.

Also, going to the server with a second account because the original one got banned is a violation of rule 2.10.
Any clone accounts made because the original one was banned
which could give a perm ban, so please don't do this in the future anymore.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

nemo95
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 18:16

I stand by my statement that certain members of the community were being toxic towards me, even making fun of me. It seems that your justification for banning me is to shift blame onto me. However, I assert that I did not engage in any form of rude or insulting behavior. As a community member, I am entitled to voice my opinions and provide supporting arguments. If banning individuals for merely expressing their opinions is the norm, then perhaps there is a need to provide moderators with additional training. I remain firm in my belief that your actions towards me are unjustified. I would like to bring to your attention that any attempt to cover up the situation by banning me again or withholding the truth would only serve to reveal your guilt in this matter. I implore you to reconsider your stance and provide a transparent explanation for your actions. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with someone who holds a more senior position within your organization, as I believe this issue warrants a higher level of attention and expertise. Could you kindly direct me to the appropriate individual or department for further discussion?
Last edited by nemo95 on 18 Apr 2023 18:30, edited 2 times in total.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 18:53

Well, we aren't a business. Therefor no-one within the team is 'more senior' than another, we all have an equal say about the matter.

You ban will be lifted automatically in 7 days counting from the day you were banned.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

nemo95
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 19:06

I must clarify that my previous message was not intended to insinuate that your organization is indifferent to the opinions of its members. My objective is not to request the removal of my ban, but to seek a rational explanation for the actions of your team member. I fail to comprehend the need for banning individuals who express their opinions and engage in constructive discourse. As someone who has worked in the same line of work as yours for over a decade across multiple platforms, I have never encountered a similar situation. Therefore, I request that you provide me with a logical explanation for the actions taken against me.

“The obligations of a Promods moderator include maintaining a respectful and harmonious community by upholding the community guidelines and rules. Moderators are responsible for ensuring that all members adhere to the guidelines, and taking necessary action when those guidelines are violated. This may include issuing warnings, muting or banning individuals who breach the guidelines. Additionally, moderators must ensure that community discussions remain constructive and on-topic, while also preventing any form of harassment or bullying. Moderators may also be expected to resolve disputes between members and provide support and assistance to those who require it.”

Based on my understanding of the obligations of a Promods moderator, I must assert that you have not fulfilled your duty to provide support and a logical explanation for your actions. As a community member, I have the right to seek clarification and a reasonable explanation for any punitive measures taken against me.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 19:13

Trucker2223 wrote: You were banned because you didn't accepted the answer people gave you, they were not toxic to you, they just explained to you that there's no planned release date and that it is ready when it's ready. We don't ban people when they ask once, but if they don't accept the answers people give them, it's a different story, you can rejoin the server when the 7 day ban is over.
The messages get automatically deleted by the bot when people get banned, so this is not our doing, but a feature in the Dyno moderation bot.

Also, going to the server with a second account because the original one got banned is a violation of rule 2.10.
Any clone accounts made because the original one was banned
which could give a perm ban, so please don't do this in the future anymore.
Above you can find the reasonable explanation.
Whether or not you agree with it, is up to you. But it won't change the manner. Besides that, you did agree to our Discord rules, therefor we still have the right to ban you permanently for breaking rule 2.10 'Any clone accounts made because the original one was banned'.
For now, we won't. We're not bad cops. We understand the manner at hand. Just, keep it in mind.
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

nemo95
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 19:25

I would like to clarify that I did not create a new account specifically for this matter. I have multiple Discord accounts that I use for various purposes, and therefore, did not violate any rules.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I will await the expiration of my ban and look forward to being able to participate in the community again in 7 days. Have a pleasant day.
Last edited by nemo95 on 18 Apr 2023 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2023 19:32

Not a problem. See you in seven days.
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information