Truckers code of conduct

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Horizon™
Developer

04 Jun 2015 17:24

Police chases? It isn't a GTA V :D , but feature what if you speed a lot - police car will show up and you will have to stop.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2015 20:02

Having said that, it might make things rather interesting! Instead of hearing the ringing of a cash register when you have an infringement (speeding offence/ sleeping offence) actually getting pulled over by the Police.
Something of course I'd never do! :oops: :lol:
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2015 20:49

I think that it would be almost impossible to add police unless SCS does it themselves. A lot of the core programming would have to be rewritten
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Horizon™
Developer

04 Jun 2015 20:51

Something similar like in 18 Wheels of Steel : Haulin - that game had police and the police officer was chasing you until he "catch" you. That be cool.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

martinusK

04 Jun 2015 21:42

I don't really care for "cop chases", but having some police in the game would be nice.
DUI tests or something like that would be nice to have (quite regular here in Estonia, especially at Jaanipäev :lol:)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Aussie Trucker

05 Jun 2015 00:16

Martinus Kundla wrote:I don't really care for "cop chases", but having some police in the game would be nice.
DUI tests or something like that would be nice to have (quite regular here in Estonia, especially at Jaanipäev :lol:)
I agree something more than just cash registers and a few bucks coming from your account but it would be a bitch to add. Police chases was obviously tongue in cheek but even adding any form of mobile cop to the game would be a pain because it would have the potential to change too many things.

Not sure how things are done in Europe but in Aus we have weighbridges and some check points where everything from the driver to the load is checked, given there is no overloading on ETS2 the need for some of those checks is eliminated but something more than a cash register would be nice.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 20:19

I really think our friend DeusHorizon is missing the point here; some form of visual inter-active Police presence in game is what I was pointing towards, Not car chases, there are other PC games to cater for that sort of thing!
As Aussie Trucker says, it would be nice to have something a little more than a deduction in your bank balance, however, this would be extremely difficult to implement in the game I'm sure!

We too have weighbridges in the UK around the country, some operated by VOSA (Vehicle & Operator Services Agency); others privately owned and used by the enforcement agencies as the need arises.
Roadside vehicle and cargo weight checks are carried out at random by the Police, and at organised vehicle check areas, set up by the Police and VOSA.
MOOSE 6733

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 21:32

In the meantime, as a sort of a compromise, there's a mod available which puts AI Emergency Vehicles in the game at random; these are standalone as I understand it.

Link: http://ets2.lt/en/ai-emergency-vehicles/

I use this one in my game: http://ets2.lt/en/uk-ai-emergency-vehicles/ both are quite good.

MOOSE 6733

Aussie Trucker

06 Jun 2015 02:34

MOOSE 6733 wrote:In the meantime, as a sort of a compromise, there's a mod available which puts AI Emergency Vehicles in the game at random; these are standalone as I understand it.
Can you race them? :)

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2015 08:44

No Mate! , AI traffic is generally faster than us; unless of course you've disabled your speed limiter! :o
MOOSE 6733

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information