I can't do a .tobj (please help)

Swedish
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 18:47

No idea what this Microsoft Access Table Shotcut is.

And you are talking about map modding basically... the overlay is just a very small part of the whole modding.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

edde479
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 19:01

Ok, So you think then that I will do roads, cities and more, and then come back and talk about the overlay ...?

(right now I do Örebro and continues upward with Uppsala)

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 20:00

Nico wrote:No idea what this Microsoft Access Table Shotcut is.
He's trying to figure out what a .mat file is. When you "google search' Microsoft Access Table is most often discussed...

It doesn't help a bit that .mat extension is also used by -among others- Matlab (mathematics tool), 3D Studio Max, Microsoft Access Table, and many others.

Here are the three most frequently mentioned: http://pc.net/extensions/file/mat

Mention of SCS's use of the .mat file is nearly non-existent!

HINT: search Google using these keywords to narrow your search! "what is a .mat file SCS"

HINT #2: SCS .mat files are nothing more than simple 'text' files. You can create, open or edit them with Notepad.exe or another plain text editor.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

edde479
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 05:30

But, Can I get a Finished road with dds, tobj and Microsoft Access Table Shortcut... For all the files in your Mod have got it ... So can you send it so I can compare and check the error on my dds, tobj and Microsoft Access Table Shortcut ... Because I can not check on alloy courage because it is password protected!

edde479
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 12:45

I did what you said Nico But "texture missing"! It may be that because I can not do on route 27 overlay Mandel Soft sent to 22000 size! I use Paint.NET and others but please, I'm really close to getting an overlay now! Tell me how I can change to 22000 in size ... (I have 8320 size now) :o

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 May 2014 15:19

It's is getting more and more confusing what you want to do and what you have done so far. This is not going to help us identify what went wrong exactly. If you don't structure or specify what you want, then it's hard for us to help; half of the time I read your posts only understanding half of what you say.

So, just try to answer the following questions separately:
- What is it EXACTLY what you try to achieve? (Maybe a picture will help)
- What files do you have right now?
- What have you done with each individual file?
- Where are these files located in the file structure? Do you even know what the file structure is anyway?
- Have you packaged these files (respecting the file structure ETS2 uses) and placed the package in the mod folder?
- Have you inserted the DEF entry for your new overlay? Do you even know what the DEF files and entries are anyway?

This will probably help a lot.

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

edde479
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 15:45

MandelSoft wrote:It's is getting more and more confusing what you want to do and what you have done so far. This is not going to help us identify what went wrong exactly. If you don't structure or specify what you want, then it's hard for us to help; half of the time I read your posts only understanding half of what you say.

So, just try to answer the following questions separately:
- What is it EXACTLY what you try to achieve? (Maybe a picture will help)

I'm Trying to do a overlay/texture (route 25 and 27)!

- What files do you have right now?

I have tobj, dds and Microsoft Access Table Shortcut! But I think I have done wrong!

- What have you done with each individual file?

tobj: I've done everything I know to do:
material: "eut2.sign" {
Texture [0]: "road_se_rv27.tobj"
texture_name [0]: "texture_base"
diffuse: {1, 1, 1}
specular: {0, 0, 0}
shininess: 4
add_ambient: 0
}

- Where are these files located in the file structure? Do you even know what the file structure is anyway?

In: matrial/overlay/road_se_rv27 or road_se_rv25

- Have you packaged these files (respecting the file structure ETS2 uses) and placed the package in the mod folder?

I have convert the PNG to DDS! And place it in: matrials/overlay

- Have you inserted the DEF entry for your new overlay? Do you even know what the DEF files and entries are anyway?

Have write this in: world/overlay... ; road_names[]: "se_rv27"
road_names[]: "se_rv25"

This will probably help a lot.

Best,
MandelSoft

Ik hoop dat u begrijpt ... :)

edde479
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 15:50

You (MandelSoft) wanted answers to these questions, but you do not bother to reply or post a comment! :|

Karloe

29 May 2014 16:35

Shees, give him a break, it's a holiday, and a free forum, no support guaranteed.

(Me wonders why a topic like this hasn't been moved to Questions & Feedback, it's in English and Map making related.)

Almighty
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 16:59

Me wonders why you are posting a unnecessary reply. He is just asking for help and his english isn't the best, he probably didn't mean it like that.
Happy trucking!

Return to “Svenska”

• Information