Hvordan laves en MAP

Danish
gippermand

08 Oct 2014 12:19

Jeg ved at man kan skrive Dansk, men at mange taler Engelsk, så derfor vælger jeg at skrive begge.

Når jeg går ind i YouTube for at hente en Euro Truck Simulator 2 Map Editor tutorial, så jeg kan se hvordan man laver en start på en map.
Først kan jeg se at den som viser det bruger en ETS2 1.2.5.1. setup.exe som jeg ikke kan finde, eller om den jeg har 1.13.3 er okay.
Når jeg så følger disse anvisninger som den fortæller ja så kan den i videoen trykke på Build efter at have lagt den første vej, hvorimod jeg får noget som hedder segment cache, og hvis jeg så trykker på save, ja så når jeg har lavet det sidste i videoen, ja så når jeg starter igen, og trykker load for at hente min map, ja så ser jeg kun min bil, og trykker jeg på Run, ja så svæver lastbilen i luften som en flyvemaskine, så hvad gør jeg forkert.

.....................................................................................
When I go into YouTube to download a Euro Truck Simulator 2 Map Editor tutorial, so I can see how to make a start on a map.
First, I see that as showing it uses a ETS2 1.2.5.1. setup.exe which I can not find, or whether the one I've 1.13.3 is okay.

When I follow these instructions as it says yes it can in the video, press the Build after putting the first way, while I get something called segment cache, and if I press the save, then when I made it last in the video, then when I start again, and then load to pick up my map, then I only see my car, and I press Run, then hover the truck in the air like an airplane, so what am I doing wrong.

I write it here, because your all make Promods and know a lot of build maps

Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Oct 2014 14:17

Hello,

The tutorial on this topic is more up to date than the video you probably watched: http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1326

There are a few things you need to know about the map editor:

Basic keyboard controls
General
~ = toggle console
F1 =help
C = toggle top view/free camera
E = new object

Object modes
1 = Road
2 = Prefab
3 = Building (they are more like fence models)
4 = Model
5 = Sign

Top view mode
Delete = delete selected object in top view mode
Arrow keys = move object in arrow direction in absolute world directions.
A = toggle background map
F = find
R = rotate selected objects 90 degrees clockwise in Y direction
CTRL+R = rotate selected objects 1 degree clockwise in Y direction
SHIFT+R/SHIFT+CTRL+R = rotate selected objects counterclockwise in Y direction

Free camera mode
W,A,S,D,E,Q = camera moving keys in free camera mode
Pg Up/Pg Down = move selected object up/down in free camera mode
Insert/Shift-Insert = rotate selected object clockwise/counter-clockwise in the X direction free camera mode.
Delete/Shift-Delete = rotate selected object clockwise/counter-clockwise in the Y direction free camera mode.
Home/Home-Delete = rotate selected object clockwise/counter-clockwise in the Y direction free camera mode.

Sectors
The map is sub-divided in different sectors (you can see them if the background map is enabled). Each sector has its own files and if you only edit stuff in that sector, only the corresponding files of that sector should be updated. If you want to make a small map mod, don't include all sectors, only the sectors you edited. Keep an eye on that.

Saving and loading procedure
Pay attention here, because this is the most important yet counter-intuitive part of map editing. Before you can even save a map, do the following:
- Go to the installation directory of Euro Truck Simulator
- Create a folder called "base"
- Optional: create a subfolder called "map"
PROTIP: Create a shortcut to base\map and put it in your mod folder. Saves time later.

Saving your map is easy. Just hit the "Save" button in the editor and wait until the save has completed. However, in order to make it load again or to make it ready for distribution, you must package the saved files. Here's where the sectors come into play again, but also the folder structure ETS2 uses. This is what you should do for a first-time save:
- Go to the "base" folder you created in the previous step. This is the so-called base-folder and all ETS2 stuff references back to a relative path to this folder. When you pack a mod, you should always do this at this level.
- Package the contents of the "map" folder into a ZIP file.
- Remove the \map\autosave directory from the package.
- OPTIONAL: rename the ZIP extension to SCS. You can modify 7zip/WinRAR/whatever to open up SCS files like these. They are just packaged archives (although some of those are protected, like the ProMods files).
- Place your package into the mod folder.

PROTIP: For a first save, it's better not to edit the map at first. Then you know at later saves which sectors are unedited. You can also remove all sector files from your own archive; the game will use other sectors it can find (like sectors from ProMods) instead.

This will let the game load your map. For every next save, you have to do the following.
- Go to base\map\europe\
- PROTIP: Sort files on modification date with the latest ones on top.
- Copy the sector files you just edited (all three of them: .BASE, .AUX and .DESC) into the same relative path into your archive.

This might be hard to grasp at first, but you'll get used to it.

This will get you started at least ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

gippermand

10 Oct 2014 11:03

Hello MandelSoft

I just follow you info, and i got the first lane on map, i also try how to move - delete and turn around with x and y.

So far so good......
But if i like to make a cross, then i find some in Prefab, but how do i use it with my new road, BECAUSE, if i choise one and move it to my road, then i can see its very Little, and its not in same direction with my own road....

Regards Per
Per

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Oct 2014 12:21

Some images would help. I have some trouble with imagining what you mean exactly...
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

gippermand

10 Oct 2014 15:19

Hello Again

I realy like this Map edit, sometime when you try to do something, you can´t do anything, but then .... well its comming.....
I give you some Pictures......

The green is what i like it to be, and blue what i need

That i like to make 4 to be 2 lane in 1 road
Attachments
one.jpg
one.jpg (208.23 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
ets2_00005.jpg
ets2_00005.jpg (113.28 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Per

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Oct 2014 15:34

Sorry, there are no prefabs available that are able to recreate that exact intersection layout. We too are dependent on the prefabs we have got delivered from FLD, so this does puts limits to us. The thing is that prefab PPD files (which contains metadata like paths and edge nodes) cannot be edited in Blender (which I'm skilled at), and therefore I can't make any new ones myself, even though I like too.

Actually, I'd not recommend to use any piece of the category "dlc_north" now, since that's new unfinished SCS stuff.

I'd recommend to browse through the prefabs and try to find something that comes closer to it. Some things are just infeasible...

Best,
MandelSoft
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

gippermand

10 Oct 2014 15:48

Thanks very much MandelSoft for answer.

But do you know what i can use for that crossing, there is a cross over a bigger road from small city to small city

Regards Per
Per

gippermand

10 Oct 2014 15:54

I also have more Pictures og road it will be nice to have, and how i put something in a place there is emphy
Attachments
two.jpg
two.jpg (121.62 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
one.jpg
one.jpg (208.23 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
ets2_00004 (2).jpg
ets2_00004 (2).jpg (202.71 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
Per

gippermand

10 Oct 2014 15:56

And this to and there is some more in next