Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
TheNuvolari

15 Mar 2019 09:37

krigl wrote:
12 Mar 2019 21:54
Didn't your mama tell you it's rude to Steyr?
At first I wasn't aware what was going on, then I laughed out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep these stories with pictures coming, enjoying them a lot! :D

krigl

15 Mar 2019 22:32

De_Ruyter wrote:
14 Mar 2019 08:52
The cow as statue isn't too weird, this is near where I'm living called "Us mem". It's Frisian for "our mom".

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_Mem
Hmmm... Another cow on a pedestal. Known as Our Mum. Not wierd at all. Not in the slightest.

Wait a minute. Let's face it, that IS actually wierd.

Could it be that both Frisians and Latvians belong to some kind of bonkers bovine brotherhood? The BBB?

Only joking... I've got no beef with the Frisians :lol:

Right... Milked that one enough.

krigl

15 Mar 2019 22:34

TheNuvolari wrote:
15 Mar 2019 09:37
krigl wrote:
12 Mar 2019 21:54
Didn't your mama tell you it's rude to Steyr?
At first I wasn't aware what was going on, then I laughed out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep these stories with pictures coming, enjoying them a lot! :D
Hi there, thanks for saying so, glad someone appreciates my feeble efforts :D

krigl

15 Mar 2019 22:46

My friend is still recovering after his beer-assisted fall, and so I undertook to do another job for him delivering to a few petrol stations that were running low up Valmiera way. Please ignore the TIR plate on the truck, it was a last minute thing…

Leaving Ventspils we headed south-east towards Riga.

Lost in fond memories of the classes he took with Madam Hooch before flunking out in the 5th year.

It’s the New Vanilla. Looks good to me.

The same for the awesome Madster’s TGA. Love this truck!

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not actually a rabid Harry Potter fan, or a Pokemon fiend. I just have children and some things that I've seen with them often come unbidden to my mind. And then, like the vomitoria of the circuses of ancient yore, the mouse acts as an efficient conduit between brain and virtual page.

No time for R n’ R today.

First delivery of the day, just beyond Riga.

Now heading north-east towards Valmiera. The last journey was short and highly urbanised, this time the whole trip was much longer and very pastoral all the way.

Another gas station topped up.

The closest thing to civilisation we encountered was the village of Velena, while
heading back down south-east again towards Rezekne.

A nice place, it was.

And another thirsty petrol station was waiting there for us.

After that we set off on the home stretch to Rezekne.

Dricani.

Just driving through Dricani, you might not even notice this church tucked away to the side.

The end of the day was drawing near.

Finally we arrived in Rezekne, after a nice relaxing day in the Latvian countryside.

Ahoj…. Milan

De_Ruyter

15 Mar 2019 23:49

krigl wrote:
15 Mar 2019 22:32
De_Ruyter wrote:
14 Mar 2019 08:52
The cow as statue isn't too weird, this is near where I'm living called "Us mem". It's Frisian for "our mom".

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_Mem
Hmmm... Another cow on a pedestal. Known as Our Mum. Not wierd at all. Not in the slightest.

Wait a minute. Let's face it, that IS actually wierd.

Could it be that both Frisians and Latvians belong to some kind of bonkers bovine brotherhood? The BBB?

Only joking... I've got no beef with the Frisians :lol:

Right... Milked that one enough.
Ill tell you another one, there is a Frisian horse statue in the same city called "our dad" xD
Dutch humor I guess... haha
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

TheNuvolari

16 Mar 2019 09:08

I absolutely agree, the TGA is a piece of gem, my favorite Euro4 truck by far! :D

I'm sorry, I know that this doesn't belong here, but would you please tell me what trailer mod is that? Looks pretty nice.

krigl

17 Mar 2019 22:25

TheNuvolari wrote:
16 Mar 2019 09:08
I absolutely agree, the TGA is a piece of gem, my favorite Euro4 truck by far! :D

I'm sorry, I know that this doesn't belong here, but would you please tell me what trailer mod is that? Looks pretty nice.
Cheers! The trailer's from one of Jazzycat's latest collections :D

krigl

17 Mar 2019 22:28

De_Ruyter wrote:
Ill tell you another one, there is a Frisian horse statue in the same city called "our dad" xD
??? Fair enough! Is there also a statue of a platypus entitled "Our uncle who emigrated?" :lol:

krigl

17 Mar 2019 23:11

My friend's recovered and so I'm back with my own fleet. This time with plenty of bling. Still largely
exploring what SCS have to offer - this time it's the Mighty Griffin tuning pack. But I did get a couple
of mods for this one, the tipper trailer and the paintable accessories. Sadly I didn't realise that
the way paint is added is by somehow copying over the skin of the cab onto the bars, resulting
in a small but strange flaw. Didn't notice till going through the pics. Well... whatever.

Rezekne. A pleasant but fairly run-of-the-mill place, New Vanilla again, we can call it. This church is the main landmark.

Growing up here on the estates can be tough. The sense of anomie, alienation, hopelessness.

Luckily there's always basketball. The dreams of getting picked can keep you going through the teenage years at least.

Leaving town.

Today we're heading north to the edge of Tartu with a cargo of ore. After getting these mods, buying the trailer and
tarting everyting up I found to my annoyance that there wasn't a job for this trailer type anywhere in the Baltic region.
So i had to "improvise". Not for the first time.

Crossing the border into Estonia, passing the old border checkpoint buildings.

Two tractors, two trailers.

A country lane near the main road.

Heading through south Estonia up to Tartu.

The village of Kambja.

Reached the edge of Tartu. Why does the trailer have XT on it? I found it while searching for a Scania XT mod that I'd seen in the SCS forum's "show your trucks" thread. Someone said it was private, like so many on there unfortunately are. I get it that some people don't want to share their work with others for various reasons, but then why show it off to people they know will want it, and then tell them "sorry, it's private"? Not everyone has the talent or time to mod stuff, and I feel I cannot condone their attitude. Anyway, no one confirmed that it was private, so I had a look around the internet and found that some sites were hosting an XT for 1.34.

Brief view of Tarrtu.

Looks pretty decent, methinks. Still heading for the (imaginary) unloading place with that ore.

This rock seems to have some significance. What, I cannot say.

Still faffing around Tartu. It's a big place. Anyway, I downloaded one, stuck it in ETS2 and fired up the game. Even though it said Scania XT on the .scs file, it turned out to be an "Argentinian" Volvo (so it said in the mod manager) with some kind of rigid open boxy thing on the back. I tried another site and I got the same thing. Looks like some loser deliberately uploaded his work and tried to pass it off as something that people might actually want in the hope that they will say "Hey, I wanted a Scania XT but - what a surprise - a Volvo with a box on the back. Wow, that's much better, I'll use that instead". Very irritating.

And we're at the delivery point. Honest.

Cargo "delivered", we're off in search of a real job this time.

At the panelak factory. Weather turned nasty.

PIcked up some panels to take to Valmiera back in Latvia. This is the village of Rongu.

This church is either in Valga or Valka. We're on the border again.

This is Valka, apparently. ProMods Valka looked somewhat nicer. This is probably more like how the buildings really are, though.

The sun came out as we headed down for Valmiera.

Scenery town, I think. Well, anyway, if anyone has a link to a proper Scania XT mod I'd be very grateful!

We've reached Valmiera.

Let's drop off these panels then.

Valmiera. That's all for now, have a good one!

De_Ruyter

18 Mar 2019 17:26

krigl wrote:
17 Mar 2019 22:28
De_Ruyter wrote:
??? Fair enough! Is there also a statue of a platypus entitled "Our uncle who emigrated?" :lol:
Not that I know about, haha.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information