screenshots from Vladimir/скрины от Руденков Владимир - 2

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Ruhisu
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2017 23:48

I suggest using the ingame photomode, your shots will be even better ;)
My screenshots corner - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20627&start=10
Currently Driving:
ETS2: SCANIA R500
ATS: Kenworth K200
Maps: ProMods 2.25 + Poland Rebuild Reworked 2.1 + RusMap 1.8 + Paris Rebuild + Project Balkans

rudenkov vladimir

19 Dec 2017 02:05

Ruhisu, I looked at Your photos, is fantastic! How do You make such awesome screenshots? Teach me to do that.
And while the pictures which I have obtained.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

krigl

19 Dec 2017 23:15

Some other tips, as you were asking. I like your pictures as they are - you generally choose nice, varied and interesting scenes. But...

1. Bigger images would make a big difference.
2. Don't leave the mirrors and map on the screen.
3. Modded trucks and trailers usually look a lot cooler than default. Ruhisu often frames or later crops the image so the truck is the main element in the shot.
4. But not always - off centre shots letting the scenery or sky shine are mixed in there, as well as shots that look like they might have been taken by an enthusiast from the roadside as the truck roared by, rather than by a drone floating in an ideal position - but there usually needs to be some point of interest in the shot if it isn't the truck.
5. Find out how to enable the free - roaming camera. There are lots of tutorials. Then you can zoom around and take pictures of anything. You can also use F9 to
teleport your truck out of trouble in conjunction with the free camera. The downside is you can't tilt the image or use colour filters or change the field of view or blur the background like you can with the photo mode. But there are programmes like Gimp for post-processing.
6. The filters in photo mode can be used to bring out the colours, or mute them, depending on the weather conditions. Stuff in the distance tends to be a bit fuzzy and paler than stuff in the foreground in real photos. Again, I often try to create such effects in photoshop.
7. Ruhisu seems to have Scaling turned up high as I don't remember seeing any jagged edges. Either he has a powerful computer or is playing with very low frame rates, I would imagine. Maybe worth experimenting with Scaling if your computer can handle it.

Hope at least some of these suggestions were helpful!

Great new pics, by the way!

Krigl

Ruhisu
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2017 23:34

krigl wrote:

3. Modded trucks and trailers usually look a lot cooler than default. Ruhisu often frames or later crops the image so the truck is the main element in the shot.
No framing and cropping here. I'm using the pictures as they are made in the game, I'm just working a lot with zoom and angling to not leave any empty space
4. But not always - off centre shots letting the scenery or sky shine are mixed in there, as well as shots that look like they might have been taken by an enthusiast from the roadside as the truck roared by, rather than by a drone floating in an ideal position - but there usually needs to be some point of interest in the shot if it isn't the truck.
Indeed, sometimes I like to make the scenery as the main character while still leaving the truck on the screenshot
6. The filters in photo mode can be used to bring out the colours, or mute them, depending on the weather conditions. Stuff in the distance tends to be a bit fuzzy and paler than stuff in the foreground in real photos. Again, I often try to create such effects in photoshop.
I suggest PhotoScape. Very easy and you can add some nice post effects but I usually use it to do fast sharpening and contrast correction.
7. Ruhisu seems to have Scaling turned up high as I don't remember seeing any jagged edges. Either he has a powerful computer or is playing with very low frame rates, I would imagine. Maybe worth experimenting with Scaling if your computer can handle it.
I have scalling set up on 400% and running the game on i5 4590 and GTX770 which I am changing to GTX 1060 Gaming this Christmas so usually I have solid smooth 40-60 FPS. I am experiencing some drops though sometimes but it usually is caused by TONS of mods I am using simultaneously; Trucks, Trailers, Tuning, Traffic, Graphics, Environment, Maps
Currently Driving:
Maps: ProMods 2.25 + Poland Rebuild Reworked 2.1 + RusMap 1.8 + Paris Rebuild + Project Balkans

rudenkov vladimir

20 Dec 2017 05:05

krigl
Ruhisu
Thank you very much for your advice.

03 Oct 2013

rudenkov vladimir

20 Dec 2017 07:15

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

03 Oct 2013

Ruhisu
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2017 14:58

I have a suggestion how to improve you screenshots.
Instead of publishing trucks driving out or into the curve etc. try to catch up a specific element you would like the viewer to focus on when you show your work. For example make a picture of a truck parked next to McDonalds when the restaurant itself would be on the foreground or in a majority of the background with some depth of field adjustments, or on the screenshot where this airplane is visible, try making something like this (I will use one of my screenshots as example): https://i.imgur.com/iFkbz1v.jpg - you can see that the airplane is very emphasized here and it is still fun to watch the truck. Its not always great trying to catch entire truck with it's trailer because it may ruin a great shot.
Currently Driving:

rudenkov vladimir

21 Dec 2017 02:59

Ruhisu, thank you. I try and learn.

TALLINN. ESTONIA.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

03 Oct 2013

rudenkov vladimir

21 Dec 2017 06:35

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

03 Oct 2013

krigl

21 Dec 2017 23:06

Ruhisu wrote:
19 Dec 2017 23:34
krigl wrote:

No framing and cropping here. I'm using the pictures as they are made in the game, I'm just working a lot with zoom and angling to not leave any empty space
Sorry about the unfortunate phrasing, I should have said "it looks as if Ruhisu often frames...""

What I meant by "framing... ...the image" is what you wrote - i.e. focusing on the main subject in-game before taking the shot.

Anyway, thanks for the clarificatory info and your many tips!!!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information