MrAnthony's Screenshots

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
MrAnthony
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 11:11

Thanks for the reply guys! I really appreciate it.

About the streetlights, I never really noticed. I thought they were always yellow anyway. I've been playing around with different lighting and weather mods this week to see which I like best, so I couldn't really tell you where they're from. I'm using this one at the moment - http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=61903 - Try that maybe? :)

The 4 series is a nice truck, probably won't get driven much more though. Only been doing the quick jobs to build up some money. I've done a lot more than I've actually posted here. Racked up about 17 hours gameplay this week alone! I've got an exciting announcement later on, so keep you eyes peeled!

Cheers!
- Anthony.

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 22:57

Well here it is!

Today I bring to you the grand opening of AB Logistics. (Name and paint subject to change.)

Okay, so it's not that glamorous or big of an announcement, but I've saved up enough to buy myself a truck, upgrade my garage facilities and really get into the world of haulage. There is currently only one truck in my fleet, but I have plans set out to increase that number.

Here she is, ABL001. A lovely MAN TGS 18.440 4x4. Kitted out with an offroad cover and freesteps, reasons for which I shall explain.

When I said I'd saved up to start my own business, I really mean I saved some money and took out a loan from the bank. Quite a big one too. I should be able to pay it off without any trouble, so there's nothing to worry about money-wise right now. Part of the deal when applying for the loan was to have a contract in place to be the primary haulage company for a EU based business. Having working many times through my Agency for SteinBruch, I sought them out hoping to strike a deal to manage their delivery work. This would mean hauling sand, rocks, machinery, building materials, etc. Having put a proposal together and working closely with their managing directors I was able to get a contract drawn up stating that subject to a trial run they would take my company on as their primary haulage supplier.

I presented this to the bank and at first they seemed skeptical, however after lowering their offer on the loan they accepted. A few days and a £270,000 bank transfer later, I was in business.

I visited the large MAN dealer in Northern France, where I met with a few different people to discuss my needs and work out yet another deal for them to supply trucks to my business. The truck you see above is the first which has been sent over. After some more deliveries are completed, I am to take what I have learnt back to them and work on a whole mini-fleet of trucks to get me going.

Here is the first journey hauling 24t of sand from Southampton to the quarry just outside of Strasbourg.

I arrived at the Tree-ET yard at 5:30pm. It was weird arriving in my own truck, opposed to turning up and there already being one there for me. I hitched the trailer, hopped out to take a quick photo and then hit the road.

I got caught in the rush hour traffic leaving Southampton, but it wasn't a problem once I hit the motorway. 24t of sand is a lot, and I'll be honest in saying that the truck struggles going up hill. I'm thinking more power is needed. 440hp is ideal for transporting supermarket goods, but perhaps not for what I'm using it for.

Folkstone is my destination, the sun is setting and the roads are clear. I'm having a great time behind the wheel of my new MAN. Drives great!

The English channel is just visible from my cab, as are the white cliffs. Not far from the Channel Tunnel now. It's all very exciting!

It was near enough dark when I finally arrived. Just gone 9pm and the sky is still somewhat light. I must say, I really do love these cool late Spring evenings.

On French soil once again, this time in my own truck. I was only on the train for about half an hour or so, which is pretty good if you ask me. Especially since France is an hour ahead of England, and it was still a little light when I got there.

I do love the French countryside, especially when I'm just cruising along at 30mph. Expect at night. Night driving is a bit rubbish because you can't really see anything! Full beam is on, roads are quiet. Time to settle down and get a move on. Will likely have to stop in a few hours for some sleep though.

I love pulling up at foreign toll booths! You have to climn across the cab to give them the money, it's always a laugh! Plenty of space to move in my MAN though, so all is well!

I think by this point it was starting to get a little lighter, but I've been driving for so long now that I can't really tell. Definitely need some rest. GPS says there's a garage up ahead, maybe they'll have a parking bay.

They do! Thank goodness. No need for diesel, only used quarter of a tank so far. Not bad at all. Time for rest. I'll finish the trip later on.

I woke up around midday, parked next to me was another MAN. An older TGA model. Nice truck, not a fan of the colour though. Time to get a move on, not too far to go now!

When you see the signs for your destination, it always reminds me of when I used to go on holiday when I was younger, and I'd see the sings for where we were staying and get all excited! Strasbourg ahead, almost there!

This is why I love the French countryside. Just look at it! Lovely. Too many trucks spoiling the view though, haha!

I see the signs for the quarry. It's a dirt road, but it's no problem for my raised chassis and protective plates. Taking it nice and easy so as not to slide about on the gravel and sand.

And here I am. Just having my sheets signed and being told where to unhitch. It's a steep climb down into the quarry, but not a problem for me. It's been quite a good trip for the new truck. Not without its problems, but I got there in the end and that's all that matters.

I'll take what I've learned back to the guys at MAN trucks, and see what we can sort out. Might just be a simple engine swap, but either way this job has been a success and I'm pretty happy with the result. Time to start paying off that loan!

--------------------------------------

Thanks once again for the comments! I really appreciate it, and I hope you're enjoying the story.

Cheers,
- Anthony.

jasper

24 May 2014 08:24

Awesome ! i can never get bored with your stories! :)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 08:30

Great that you've bought yourself a MAN for your first truck! Good choice. Great looking truck too.

rudenkov vladimir

24 May 2014 11:37

good truck MAN, and good pictures
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

25 May 2014 18:00

Thank you all for the kind comments!

I've spent the past day moving back home for the summer and sorting through my stuff, so ETS2 has really been at the back of my mind. I did however get chance to sit down this afternoon (after the F1 of course) and do a little skinning.

After dropping off that sand in Strasbourhg, I got on the phone with the guys at MAN in France and said I was on my way. I then drive overnight to get to the dealership where we sat down and discussed what needed to be done. I also presented some design ideas that I had drawn up and told the guys in the workshop to play around and see what they could come up with.

I had the new truck delivered back to the company garage in Portsmouth a week or so later with having had the work done.

What we changed was the engine, upping to 540hp, having a couple of tweaks made to the gearbox and adding a retarder function. The paint was finished too, still with temporary logos and colours of course.

Here she is, looking brand new all over again!

I went for colours which stand out, and contrast a little, whilst still keeping the design simple. The flag does serve a purpose. I hope to one day branch out into Central Europe, so each country we have trucks based in can have the flag on the front to represent that country.

I'll be getting back out on the road shortly so stay tuned!

Cheers!
- Anthony.

jasper

26 May 2014 08:39

Awesome skin of your brand new truck! , no accessories , simple, i like it!
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 15:49

Cheers Jasper! It's still a work in progress, and I like to keep my trucks simple. I've never really known many haulage companies in the UK to plaster their trucks with lights and bullbars, etc. :lol:

After we'd had the truck back for a couple of days, given it a little road test around Potsmouth and a good check over, it was time to hit the road. I got a call from a friend over at Trameri in Southampton saying they had some Bricks that needed taking to San Builders in Goteborg, and all their drivers were already out. I jumped at the chance, since it would be an ideal trip for the new truck, and quite frankly the pay ought to be pretty good too!

I grabbed the bricks from the yard in the early evening. I knew I'd have to get a move on since I'd be catching the ferry from Harwich again. I don't think they were new bricks, just some recycled ones from a nearby construction site, probably an eco building going up in Goteborg or something.

Taken from here perhaps? It's right nextdoor, so it's quite possible I guess.

This is, and probably always will be one of my favourite photo spots. Catching the sunset and those wind turbines in the background. It always produces a nice atmosphere.

The sun was setting, and I am Harwich bound. The motorway is pretty clear and with that extra power from the new engine I was really moving. Even with 20t+ of bricks in tow.

And you know what, they still haven't finished the bloody roadworks on the M3. Come on guys, get it sorted. Every single time I head West I get caught up in these. :roll:

No breaks for me just yet, I've only just got moving!

Another lovely Summer evening has passed by and I head off into the night. The stars are just beginning to shine, barely a cloud in sight. It's going to be quite a pleasant evening says the guy on the radio. This is good news!

Much less traffic in Harwich this time round. I guess since it's so late there ought to be, be even still. At least I won't miss my ferry!

I didn't really keep my eye on the weather whilst I was on the ferry. I was to busy catching some sleep for the journey ahead. I got up in the morning and went for a wander on deck and I could see the clouds forming in the distance. Low and behold, by the time we had docked and I had driven off the ferry it was absolutely throwing it down! Slow and steady for now I think.

As you can see the rain just kept on coming, and refused to stop for pretty much the entire journey across Denmark. I did seek refuge in a tunnel for a bit, and shortly after the rain did subside, which was nice. Plenty of puddles about, so still no chance to really put my foot down.

I had to take another ferry from Aalborg got get across to Goteborg. A nice and short one though, so I didn't even bother getting out of the truck. I just caught up on some news and a bit of paperwork.

It was well and truly night time by the time I got off the ferry. Just had a short drive across the city to the Sanbuilders yard.

I guess that's what they want the bricks for. They're probably going to need a few more than the pallets I've brought over though! Just parking up, dropping off the trailer and heading around the corner to another yard.

I'm taking this over to Glasgow and then it's back home for me! Some well earned rest is needed. All before I have to get up and do it all over again!

Until next time!
- Anthony.

stummer
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 16:07

Nice story Anthony. And that MAN looks very good; even with the temporary colors.
I changed them on mine about 5-6 times I guess ;)

PS: Is that a metallic paintjob?

warstrikerrr
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 19:58

That truck is beginning to get its own personality :). Looking forward for more stunning shots
Once a trucker, always a trucker!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information