Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

26 Mar 2020 22:36

Hey there, we're back in the USA with Dan, who today will be making a delivery from the omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and omnivorous Walmart from Reno in Nevada down through NE California to Sacramento.

Morning in Reno.

Donuts for breakfast? Why not?

A very bright colour scheme for the VNL day cab today.

Been to Walmart, got the goods.

Massive concrete bridges on the way out of town.

Heading south west.

Typical scenery in this area: red 'mountains' and pine trees. Once again different. California is great - hope it gets an update sometime.
I could care less about Nevada and Arizona, but California really deserves a makeover.

Stopping at the weigh station. Oooh look at that, an attempt to 'get into character'. I 'could care less'. Nice. It's those little things that make the difference.

Nice little rustic dwellings nestled away amongst the scenery here near Truckee. We'll visit that place in the next thread.

It was a great drive down to Sacramento.

This is, I believe, the American River. Not a very original name, but at least it's not called after something that already exists in Europe.

Took a shot of the other half of the river too because that water is looking pretty darn nice.

Exit to Sacramento blocked. Lucky we didn't want that, eh? Oh, wait.

Well, it wasn't a big detour, and we weren't pressed for time, so no harm done.

I like this paint job but it is a bit over-bright. We'll go back to black but without the horses for the return journey.

Let's finish off with a few views of Sacramento. It's pretty nice.

If I eat many more of these I'm going to turn into one...

Bye for now!

Dan

krigl

27 Mar 2020 22:12

Back again with a third set from - I guess - around 10 from northern California.
Today we travel back from Sacramento via some great scenery in Truckee to Reno.

Got an early start in Sacramento.

Back across the river in the early morning haze.

Another glitchy trailer. Never encountered these problems before. An outdated mod perhaps...

Heading back to Truckee sporting bizarre geometric pastel shades...

The sun rose, glorious and warming.

Enjoying the mountain views.

Arriving in Truckee, we were not impressed. Seemed like a very unremarkable place. Got a Ray's though. Feeling peckish.

Just a few jobsites.

And containers...

This cool loco saved things a bit though.

Then I noticed a loop of road with no jobsites, so headed off with my camera to check it out - and found some nice clusters of backwoods housing around a lake, very nice!

Really nice architecture, and I don't remember seeing it in too many other places in ATS. Of course, I haven't nearly been everywhere yet.

Well, picked up this digger from Truckee and headed back to Reno - for the last time.

Not sure why I keep going for black with the VNL. Maybe it's because I just don't like its looks somehow.

Nearing Reno the landscape whitens. Back to dustiness once more.

A smart street in Reno.

Time to make that delivery. Next time we'll update to the long-distance cab, I think.

Cheers, Dan

• Information