Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

05 Aug 2019 20:24

TheNuvolari wrote:
03 Aug 2019 09:11
It's a very rare occasion, but sometimes two fleet trucks close to each other can be seen. That's such a nice detail! Not sure if it's intentional or just a huge coincidence though. :?
: ) It wasn't intentional as in sitting and waiting for it to happen, or programming it somehow. But I also noticed the coincidence and made sure to fit both of the trucks in the shot! It looks like they're travelling together, a nice detail as you say.

Did you see the picture with the sun shining through the HOTEL sign and spelling it out in mirror writing on the road in Bucharest a few sets back? Another unplanned but lucky moment.

krigl

05 Aug 2019 21:24

Here we are again, Milan and his trusty yellow lorry, for the 10th set out of 11 from ProMods' Black Sea region.

Leaving Dimovo in Bulgaria en route to Montana, we find ourselves heading uphill via a twisty and forested route.

Quite nervous about the bends ahead, but at least the trees will break our fall if we go over the edge.

View back to Dimovo.

One of the bendiest bends.

Then we reached a hilly area - perhaps the town is called Montana for that reason. Doesn't sound very Bulgarian, that name. I associate it more with Switzerland, where I once visited Crans-Montana.

Arrived in Montana at dusk.

Drove into town to find a parking area and slept in the truck.

Took some aerial photos the next day. Another realistic looking town... it's the New Vanilla.

New Vanilla is meant as a complement, as it means 2019 SCS quality. However... couldn't help but notice after visiting this town and Pleven that I ONLY had aerial photos at the end. There was nothing much of interest at street level, just places to find jobs and other services for truckers. Not much by way of representations of monuments, historic buildings, different urban areas, town centres. In short, the 2 towns are a bit boring, unlike most of the places in Romania, which each had their own character - and the last Bulgarian place we'll meet in the next set, Ruse. They are an exact example of what happens if you only provide things for truckers and don't try to make places interesting and memorable by creating town centres, market places, churches, parks, cafes and the like. You end up with cookie-cutter SCS 2012 style cities with 2019 assets... much nicer to look at than the 2012 cities but just the same as them fundamentally. I hope they are like this because either they are quite dull in real life, or the modders ran out of time, or were just learning to use the new assets, or whatever. It would be a real shame if this was the new ProMods approach to development - just things for truckers, no individuality, most areas unvisitable, cut-out skylines instead of 3D models and rely on the quality of the assets to make everything look good. This would be a real mistake, in my opinion.

Well, like I said, Dimovo and Ruse are great so no need to panic just yet... and don't get me wrong, the cities in this set look great. Just not as much character as one normally sees in the majority of ProMods cities...

After consuming some black coffee and stale sandwiches, and doing a few exercises in the parking lot, we set off on our way to Pleven.

More mountains...

Another scenery village - Borovan.

Each village we've been to has been different, hats off to the modders for creating this attractive addition to the map in such a short time after the Baltic DLC came out!

Nearing Pleven now - looking forward to delivering this large crane at last.

We've arrived. Here come a few shots from Pleven.

Crane delivered. The guy in Chisinau handed over a fat sum of cash - job well done. The last places on the schedule are Ruse in Bulgaria and Constanta in Romania. A city by the sea sounds nice, and I've been working pretty hard these last few weeks, so I decided to hire a car and have a short holiday.

The local rental place had this nice yellow BMW available, so I loaded up with some provisions and started off on the last part of the tour.
Car mods are often problematic, I find... and not just because the car behaves like a truck. Often they just don't work at all, or there's a problem with something or other. This car looks decent and has a full interior. The sound is also good, though with a noticeable regular clicking noise presumably as the sound loops. It accellerates really fast, and I crashed into the backs of several vehicles before I got used to it. However, there was one serious issue with it...

In the read-me the authors warned that the car may scrape on the ground. In this case, they recommend typing g_suspension_stiffness 1 into the console. What they neglected to mention is that this has absolutely no effect whatsoever. The car still scrapes on certain roads, not sure why, and each time it notches up a few damage % points. It started doing this just after we left Pleven, but then things went okay for a while so I made the fateful decision to keep using the car... a decision that lead to a very nerve-wracking final leg to the trip... hopefully coming soon : )

Cheers! Milan.

Sam!

06 Aug 2019 18:08

Thanks for the pictures. I hope the ride with the BMW went satisfactorily.
My English is exclusively from the Translator

Sam!

07 Aug 2019 07:01

Great, if you have the talent to be able to write fluent information about the respective city or topic.
I did not translate everything, nevertheless, it is interesting to read. :)

krigl

17 Sep 2019 20:35

Riiiiight... got sidetracked again, sorry about that. Better finish off the Romania posts before the Black Sea comes out. Would be nice to stay ahead of things.

Well, here we are in the yellow BMW passing through Byala on the way to Ruse. The decision to continue the journey in it was, as I said in the previous post, an ill-fated one. Thanks to the self-harming emo-like tendencies of the vehicle the last trip of the tour disintegrated into a sad and sorry farce.

But first we visited Ruse. Though worried about the mounting damage to the car I took the time to get some pictures of this awesome town.

Great views from this bridge, very impressive.

The city felt very real... that ProMods magic at work again.

Picked up petrol as the car was very thirsty.... car struggling to keep going due to engine trouble too.

The modders seem to be pleased with the city too... they've put a ProMods meet-up in there.

Stopped to have a Birell with the lads and ladie... no, just lads.

And then we were off back to the Romanian border.

In Bucharest I got the car serviced. Lucky I did because the older roads of south Romania gave us a real bashing up.

Bye bye Bucharest.

Picked up the speed on the motorway to Constanta - which was a mistake. Suddenly we lost control and smashed into the central reservation.

We kept picking up damage randomly despite driving slowly and painfully in the hope of not crashing again.

Here one impact was so great it knocked all the icons out of the satnav!! Look carefully and you'll see. They just kept moving slowly up the windscreen...

Unable to restart the engine for some time... we made a lot of people very happy. Overtake guys, just overtake...

Finally, we've arrived, at an average speed of around 30 km/h. Hardly the blissful holiday trip I'd imagined.

The last couple of kilometers were agony. I really thought we weren't going to make it. Every few seconds there was a bump and additional damage was piling up.

Almost there... up to about 87% damage I think. Engine stopped again.

So close... service station in sight.

Made it! "If you want my opinion gov'nor, you'd be better off just selling it and buying a new one", they said. In Romanian.

Well, time to start the holiday - the sunny beaches of Constanta await!!

And here we'll take our leave of ProMod's Romania... it was a great trip, hope you enjoyed the images.

Milan will be back in a few months to check out SCS's Black Sea DLC. Čau!

Sam!

18 Sep 2019 07:31

Thanks for the recordings!
krigl wrote:
17 Sep 2019 20:35
Better finish off the Romania posts before the Black Sea comes out.
I'll be there in Time! :)

krigl

18 Sep 2019 20:31

After touring sunny green and yellow Romania, we're heading back to the USA, this time to tour mid-California. I'd like to have visited all of the 'original ATS map', such that it is, before the end of the year. We'll see...

Dan is starting off in Barlow for a trip north and then east to Tonopah in Nevada, which has been updated sort of recently.

Leaving Barlow early in the morning in a modified Peterbilt 389. Great mod this, lots of options.

Heading north up the 395. Thought we'd get the most deserty bit out the way first and see some new scenery into the bargain.

Somewhere near the first turnoff east to Death Valley and Nevada. We're travelling kind of parallel to the Nevada border.

Somewhere near the turnoff west to Fresno. I actually took these pics a couple of months ago, before getting distracted by holidays and Endless Space 2...

That's a powerful red on that tractor.

A shot from inside the cab. Lots of dials... looks a bit like an old aeroplane cockpit.

Heading east and approaching Tonopah.

New housing developments at an attractive bone-dry sun-parched dust-choked location. Move here and eat for free!!!

Tonopah has had a decent facelift.

It's that church...

Let's deliver that new red tractor and pick up...

...a used red tractor, 1 careful owner. Taking it to Fresno.

Going a different way back, via Death Valley, as one does. First we have to get there, so heading south from Tonopah through arid Nevada.

Love the shine on this 389.

Could this be a 289? A 189? Beatty, Nevada.

Beatty has some nice sights. And Death Valley is (at least in-game) just beyond.

Not sure if I want to drive through Death Valley at night. Crossed into California and then pulled into a motel car park at Panamint Springs for some kip.

Off to do some driving now, it's been a while. Hope the old wheel still works!

Sam!

19 Sep 2019 06:58

Very nice pictures, especially the last picture. :)

I keep ATS up to date, but I haven't driven it in a long time.
Reason and only for this reason: Don't laugh... I don't see the traffic lights and the AI continues to drive into the truck.
Currently, only the DLC Washington and Forrest are missing.

krigl

21 Sep 2019 16:37

Sam! wrote:
19 Sep 2019 06:58
Very nice pictures, especially the last picture. :)

I keep ATS up to date, but I haven't driven it in a long time.
Reason and only for this reason: Don't laugh... I don't see the traffic lights and the AI continues to drive into the truck.
Currently, only the DLC Washington and Forrest are missing.

No offense meant, but that's a pretty feeble reason not to drive in ATS :lol:

I also have trouble remembering the traffic lights are about 20 metres away from where I need to stop. ATS is great though, and Washington is a fantastic DLC...

Cheers

Krigl

krigl

21 Sep 2019 17:09

The old wheel does still work, and so Dan can continue his adventures in mid-California...

Here's the rest stop at Panamint Springs, Death Valley, where we spent the night.

Walking round the cargo, making sure everything's secure.

Up and away we go, into the hills.

Can't believe people choose to live here. Still in the National Park...

Took some time out to watch Super Hornets flying through Star Wars Canyon from Father Crowley vista point.

Nearly out of there... truck still holding up with this heat and load, good job.

Mailman wearing his best My Job Sucks face.

Heading back north and west.

Passing through Olancha.

Dust, dust and more dust.

And finally into greener lands.

Entering Fresno.

Delivery made, we headed off to trade this lovely little cab in for something more imposing...

Check this baby out. Those horns!

Whenever Mutt tyres need delivering, the press are all over it. Have tyres ever been delivered by such an awe-inspiring vehicle before? Don't think they have, lady, sure don't think they have.

ATS isn't for everyone, but one thing's certain - you can't drive around with half a cow's skull on the front of your truck in ETS2.

5 years after it stopped being fashionable, SCS finally implement a zombie survival mode in ATS.

Bring 'em on!!!

Ahem, yes, well, anyway, here we are making good progress on the short route down to Bakersfield.

Short and a little dull.

Soon over, though. We've arrived.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Burgers are better than brains, guys, try one.

Looks like the Umbrella Organisation's evil plague hasn't spread to this part of town yet. Or perhaps the undead are just better behaved.

Delivery! On target and on time...

That's it for now...

Dan

Return to “Share the love”

• Information