Screenshots by De Ruyter

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
De_Ruyter

29 Mar 2019 11:28

DAF XF105 - Stam Transport B.V.

Cargo: Industrial Cable Reel (34,520 kg)
Too: Livorno, Italy

Let's do a more normal job again, This job also allows me to explore a bit more of Italy at the same time.
Trailer retrieved and ready to get on the road! This next road I never been, so I have no idea what to expect.

This road is rather challenging with this trailer and heavy cargo, but still can do it!

(ugh, pressed wrong button. meant to press the preview instead lol)

Even more challenging roads, yet actually easy if you have the skills!

Nicely parked and delivered!
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

krigl

01 Apr 2019 21:25

Thanks for the lowdown on tandems, so they don't work too well then.... shame!! It often seems to me that with ETS2, "truck mod" is a synonym for "disappointment".
Well, modding for the game would be easier if SCS didn't keep updating it all the time. But then we wouldn't have the improved game we have now...

Cheers!

De_Ruyter

02 Apr 2019 21:16

krigl wrote:
01 Apr 2019 21:25
Thanks for the lowdown on tandems, so they don't work too well then.... shame!! It often seems to me that with ETS2, "truck mod" is a synonym for "disappointment".
Well, modding for the game would be easier if SCS didn't keep updating it all the time. But then we wouldn't have the improved game we have now...

Cheers!
I can't speak for others, you may have to try it yourself before deciding on the results. Which I always recommend unless there are seriously things that are confirmed to be bad, like a virus being included for example. That's not the case with these mods. So please just take my opinion with a grain of salt as it could very well be that I made mistakes on installing it to start with. Always need to be fair in that!

And yes, modding would be a lot easier and simpler for both mod makers as mod users and a lot less stress comes from it.
However to be fair to the developers, it is actually very good to show they didn't drop the game and still love to update it. You don't see many companies these days that show the love for their products, usually companies go for the money and ignore making their products working properly or even releasing it in a decent shape. We all been hearing or even experiencing those things. It's rather a huge commendable thing for SCS to care so much, even if it can cause a bit of a inconvenience for us. We should actually cheer on SCS for their many updates and events, it's a lot of work and takes a lot of money to get it done. SCS, thanks!

De_Ruyter

02 Apr 2019 21:28

DAF XF105 - Stam Transport B.V. - Redone!

I installed vadik's DAF XF today, this to see if it worked and what I could do with it.
The body was changed in the mod causing the roof to disappear, so that needed to get fixed which was no problem at all.
After that I decided to see if things could be changed further to make it look even better.
I changed all bars on the truck to a painted version, changed up some of the lights and the roof grill even was removed.
Other changes include the main mirrors, it lost the front mirror, lighting over all changed slightly to fit the new look and options.
The interior changed completely, unfortunately in my case the interior options given by the mod do not work properly.
So the truck has now wood inside which isn't what I wanted, but does have a dashboard plank now and the cabin accessoires changed up a bit.
The rear side is not changed.

Mod Link: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=223465

De_Ruyter

02 Apr 2019 22:11

DAF XF105 - Stam Transport B.V. - Tandem

This is as it should be! A tandem configuration!
Yes, I will be driving around in this truck tomorrow for sure, for now I will be adding a shorter trip.
This truck

Just after purchasing both the trailer as a new truck (the other truck is in my garage!)

Photo used to create my ETS2 version (with of course some freedom due to missing parts mostly and personal ideas)

De_Ruyter

03 Apr 2019 00:13

DAF XF - Stam Transport B.V. - Tandem

Cargo: Apples (12,224 kg)
Too: Hanover, Germany

Let's start easy to get used to this tandem!

Crossing the Dutch/German border

Just north of Hanover, taking the second exit as I still need to explore a lot here.

Arrived and parked perfectly! This tandem combination seems to drive pretty good! Slow speeds up to 30 km/h may seem sluggish but other then that, just drives fine!

De_Ruyter

03 Apr 2019 01:40

Cargo: Sawdust Panels (13,066 kg)
To: Amsterdam, Netherlands

I decided to do a return trip to Amsterdam!

On route to Amsterdam!

West of what should be Apeldoorn, Netherlands. Still open highway and nature all around though.

De_Ruyter

03 Apr 2019 09:29

DAF XF105 - Scandifresh "Flying Dutchman"

Cargo: EK Truck Race - E.Kleinnagelvoort (10,000 kg)
To: Brussels, Belgium

A new truck for this very last race truck event to make 5/5! There is a second skin in this skin pack that I will use later.
But for now, on to get the trailer with the last truck to finish this event!

Picked up the trailer, time to deliver it!

Almost there!

De_Ruyter

03 Apr 2019 09:38

Time is there! Screenshots of proof of finishing the event!

Proof that I finished!

This is the skin without any changes to it that you gain from the event.

EDIT:
It looks like both the truck model and the mug are only for the center console and NOT for on top of a table or on top of the dashboard like other mugs and truck models. Which is sad as you can't observe them properly.

De_Ruyter

03 Apr 2019 21:16

Cargo: Chimney Systems (11,182 kg)
To: Daugavpils, Latvia

Long trip, time to depart from Amsterdam!

Small stop in Osnabrück, Germany. Had to change a few things on the truck that were annoying me.
Garfield was right in front of stoplights, so moved him down. Also removed the map from my window as with this new DAF mod installed it was only showing a bright white blur.
So it wouldn't be useful to keep it there. It was replaced by autopass systems. Also the dream catcher was replaced by a air freshener thingy.
Time to move further on this trip to Latvia!

Passing Berlin, expected to drive on the other side but missed my exit, haha.
Oh well, on wards to Poland!

Just left the Szczecin (Poland) city borders, great view here!

Just north of Poznan, Poland. Middle of nowhere but it looks beautiful here!

Seems like my trip will take a bit longer, double trouble here north-west of Warsaw, Poland.

Olsztyn, Poland. Not on the game map but still a sign in the game!

South of Vilnius, Lithuania. I'm not too far away now!

West side of Daugavpils, Nearly at my destination.

Another war memorial site, this one is in Daugavpils.

Ugh, just purchased the garage in Daugavpils so I could get fuel. Then run into another train to block my path! Oh well, at least we're getting a picture out of it! haha

Delivery done!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information