Aldi Renders from Max9 for Nico's Attention

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2013 20:45

@Nico, here are a couple of Max9 renders of the Aldi store near my home. What are the criteria for the textures used? What size must they be, and can only one texture be used, or are more than one supported?

Note that this has a 'flat plane' with a google satellite view used as a reference for the general layout of the building and parking lot area.

Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2013 23:55

Wow that looks not bad at all...

Textures is always hard... If possible one but I often use mipmapping for a couple of parts like the roof, so the texture can repeat itself easily ;)

Size should be a power of 2 so 64x64 or 128x128 256x256... etc you will get the picture ;)

Keep however in mind that players will get close to it... for example the loading bay (so the loading doors, not sure how to call them) can be used from SCS (I can get them added if needed)

But this looks seriously cool with some parked cars ;) Would be cool to get it working. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2013 19:01

For modeling purposes, I created a single 2048^2 PSD texture file. However, for use in ETS2 I should think I should be able to reduce that to 1024^2 with the judicious use of tiling. For example, the entire back of the building is nothing but brick, with the tan beauty strip and the brown aluminum cap.

The "ALDI" sign is a simple 3d mesh box for which I can use a close up photo I took, sized appropriately. For the loading dock I can create a simple mesh object for the box-shredding dumpster and the concrete steps.

I have some ideas for the parking lot, but that will require a bit of experimentation.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2013 20:39

For the parking lot I always take SCS their creation from Sellplan... Parked car nodes etc are already added so it's pretty easy to use for that purpose.

Just keep me updated ;) it's looking very nice :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

frisianbear
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2013 21:58

Great job you did there.

Return to “Share the love”

• Information