Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Horizon™
Developer

21 Jan 2017 15:14

We don't plan to co-operate or even work with them any time soon. ;)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Vøytek
Developer

21 Jan 2017 15:37

Our teams don't work together.
Project Balkans overwrite our areas and cities if you download it.
So they force you to choose - PM or PB after we release Subotica and Zagreb too...
So it's actually a question to them - what's the point of their mod if it's in conflict with our work. If I was them, I'd rather choose some "free" area ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Vladzz-G
Developer

21 Jan 2017 15:41

...I will pretty sure, they also will replace our Zagreb and Subotica with their PB version in future. :|

Because you know... "They are locals, they know better about Balcans", but their map lacks quality.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Da Dex
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2017 17:00

Vladzz-G wrote:...I will pretty sure, they also will replace our Zagreb and Subotica with their PB version in future. :|

Because you know... "They are locals, they know better about Balcans", but their map lacks quality.
I don't know if you've tested PB 2.21 but Zagreb is allready in this Mod Patch and Subotica is near to be done viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6779&start=1160 and from the Border to County Subotica Southern of the City (Palic) viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6779&start=1180

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Jan 2017 17:33

The thing is that Project Balkans started a bit before ProMods Slovenia, but their initial release was _after_ the first release of ProMods Slovenia. They incorporated most of the ProMods map as it was back then and changed it to their preferences; in fact, their first release only contained changes in Slovenia, most of which I strongly critisised. However, my critique (and critique of others) was being shoved away and being replied with a stubborn "you're not a local, you don't represent our country well." They even insulted our work when people pointed out mistakes in their work. What?! I helped them with fixing the mod in the first place to have a release in the first place and this is how they thank me for that? You can see why relations are not that great...

This kind of stance made co-operation between ProMods and Project Balkans close to impossible. Therefore, a merge between the two is unlikely due to that problem alone. (And of course, the quality difference plays a role too)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Da Dex
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2017 18:06

thank you for your explanation I understand now a little bit more about the relations and I wouldn't like to offend somebody with my questions. So what have you from ProMods Team planned for Balkan Area, especially Serbia and would you rework Hungary (from Budapest to Horgos because the Highway is a little bit different, especially the Beltway around Budapest and the connection from M0 Budapest (Csepel) to M5 Kesckemet - Szeged) :-)

groza.c17

21 Jan 2017 19:45

Hello,since im new on the site and its too much to search over the pages,is there any preview of the map,and by map i dont mean bridges,a map with the cities.Thank you in advance. And also if you could repair the board on Volvo trucks,it always says 0km/h :/

martinusK

22 Jan 2017 09:34

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4914 ;)
Keep in mind this map doesn't have all the roads mapped, but all cities, etc. are there.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2017 21:05

Vladzz-G wrote:
I think, it's not too bad, but there are some areas...
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

bastardikajj

23 Jan 2017 20:17

Developers should at least every 6 months release a great update, just as they did in the summer of last year when they released 2.10 <3

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information