Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Platypus
Developer

11 Apr 2020 23:00

Hello,
Maxest wrote:
11 Apr 2020 21:49
Hello thanks you for your work, but is it possible to use custom border crossings instead of the Baltic? I see that those are sadly being copypasted everywhere now, and in places like the Middle East it looks especially unrealistic. Is it possible to change them into something more appropriate?
Kindly asked, should it be possible to stop with requests ? Sorry but I have a lot of people asking for more and more .... More roads, more cities, more custom ... It just makes me tired and I don't intend to work under pressure. Because the only think that could be earned then is a need for a break. It occured to me in the past and I don't want this again. Please don't forget I work quite alone on this add-on, freely, as a hobby. I pay attention to a lot of details and I try to vary the landscapes, by example at the borders, to avoid it becomes too repeated. By the way, those custom borders are quite complicated. It's a lot of work and I don't master how to build them.

That said, It's indeed Yayladağı-Kasab border passing. I did'nt changed my plans for Turkey. I repost here the planning. As already explained, I can't promise more for now. It's already quite a lot of work
Turkey.jpg
Turkey.jpg (213.14 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
- The Egyptian northern coast road, continuing to Benghazi is a very long term project. I just created the defs and marked the road in the editor. Building this is actually not at all a priority.
- Gaza ? I never planned Gaza. This area will be avoided, sorry. Cairo will come at term.
- Morocco/Algeria/Lybia/Tunisia : I have no ressources for this, sorry.

Regards,

id777
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2020 23:50

I think he means Giza (near Cairo), not Gaza.

Thank you, Platypus for your answers. Wish you good luck with developing Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Egypt!

It's already too much for one developer. Maybe Horizon could help you, Iraq that he built is awesome. Not just only single road. Wish he come back in future and finish that road till Baghdad.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

PandaCrazy672

12 Apr 2020 00:23

ElectroYt2002 wrote:
11 Apr 2020 22:28

3. I love the new updated map expansion, its absolutely wonderful, cant wait for more future updates! (personally, I cant wait for the road connection to Istanbul and then expansion into egypt/africa) there really should be a africa map add-on (morocco/algeria/lybia/tunisia, maybe even more south) for promods, someone should work on that (im way too bad at map/graphical design)

I don't know if you are aware, but there's currently a map mod in development, that will be released soon, it's called MaMap.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28280
World of Wombat Discord Server Moderator

MaghrebMap Community Manager and Discord Server Admin

Road to Asia Beta Tester and Discord Server Admin

FSG Map Beta Tester and Discord Server Moderator

Shiva

12 Apr 2020 01:17

Platypus, that is a long long trip.
I intend to follow your progress.
And I hope you won't get burnt out.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

dclark12553
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2020 02:38

Is it possible to make a Russia addon using the same mapping style as ProMods, sort of like the Middle East addon because I think that RusMap is pretty unrealistic and boring, and It will be guaranteed to be compatible with ProMods without having to worry about the road connection between ProMods and RusMap having to be updated every time there is an update. Plus, Russia will be of ProMods quality if ProMods made their own Russian add-on.

ElectroYt2002

12 Apr 2020 09:33

Oh yea no, im NOT saying YOU should work on northern africa, that is WAY too much work, I was just saying that somebody could make another add on, just like you did, but for northern africa... I was in no way expecting you to, all alone, work on all of the middle east AND africa, thats way too much, I was just saying that its a good idea for another map creator to make another add-on (seperate to middle east addon) because I was already in the topic of cairo and expanding into egypt. I now know that this is in fact already what is happening with the MaMap (which I was unaware of), so yea...

also that makes sense, I was just confused because I saw 'gizeh' in the map files, and I assumed it was Giza (as its spelt in egyptian), Sorry for the misinterpretations.... (in my previous post, I mean Giza, not gaza, that was a misspelling)

I absolutely love the work you are putting out (which is why im so active in this forum more than others) because of the change in scenery and the complicated border crossings. So I do not mean to stress you out, I was just curious.

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2020 09:49

Happy Easter Platypus! Take yourself a well deserved break after the very hard work you've done ;)
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

brainiac
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2020 10:41

dclark12553 wrote:
12 Apr 2020 02:38
Is it possible to make a Russia addon using the same mapping style as ProMods, sort of like the Middle East addon because I think that RusMap is pretty unrealistic and boring, and It will be guaranteed to be compatible with ProMods without having to worry about the road connection between ProMods and RusMap having to be updated every time there is an update. Plus, Russia will be of ProMods quality if ProMods made their own Russian add-on.
If Rusmap's road network is too boring for you, like for me, wait for update of
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14202
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

panzer40

13 Apr 2020 10:41

Platypus,Thank you for your efforts!You've given us a different experience, and the only thing you want you and your family to do is healthy, with enough protective equipment to get through the tough times that's ahead.

mtrmarivaldotadeu
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2020 23:33

Hi, when I get close to Ashod, the truck plummets into infinity the game falls, will it be the map positioning? congratulations on the addon.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information