Czechia Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
AndreasGRS3
Location: Kastoria.Greece.Western.Macedonia/ Καστοριά.Ελλάδα.Δυτ.Μακεδονία

03 Jan 2016 15:12

Good to hear that you are also working on Czech Republic Zelva. (I guess you will include your hometown aswell ;) Looking forward for more progress in the future. Keep it up!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048985342]Image[/url]
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Fs7- ... R7Y81Fo8EQ

The mistakes are for humans!

Dannu
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 16:09

He sayed there is no space :( Source:Mandelsofts stream :D
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 17:29

Few suggestions from me, after watching MandelSoft's stream; hope they help you guys out :)

Czech motorways seem to have an overload of billboards. Notice on the above screenshot how one side is filled with trees and the other with low bushes, and the centre reservation has both a fence and a railing (as well as a variety of low-cut vegetation and bushes). The distance is filled with old communist flats, which would be a nice touch in the game.

Has the Prague Ring been removed, or is it staying? Any plans in regards to Strahovsky Tunel and Mestsky okruh?

I know you're limited by the scale, but I know your strengths, and what you can achieve :D

Peterson

03 Jan 2016 17:49

Actually, those bilboards are near cities. When approaching Brno, Ostrava, Prague, Humpolec, or any town that is connected to highway and important enough has them. Same on rural roads, if you'll go on Street View and watch the road from Poprad to Vysoké Tatry (yes, it's in Slovakia, but you'll get the point), the panorama is ruined by them.

But yes, Czech Republic and Slovakia is oversaturated with bilboards. But not everywhere.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 18:01

A bit of off-topic, but is it "Zelva" or "Želva"? I all the time thought it's "Zelva", but many Slovak & Czech people writes "Želva".....
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Volvo_King

03 Jan 2016 18:05

He is Želva, but in English language (and others I think) alphabet isn´t diacritics. (punctuation) :)

Kortez

03 Jan 2016 18:08

Peterson wrote:I hope that the D1 will be damaged and full of jams.

Just a reminder for the public, D1 is often called The longest staircase in central Europe, because it is a panel highway. It's jumpy, loud, and makes you want to pee every hour or so. When you overtake somebody, you see that their wheels are literally jumping around. Torture.
I driving on D1 very often and I think that not so much bad how you tell. Lot of sections (worst sections) are under construction and few new sections are in very good quality. This freeway is over 20 year beyond expiry. In this regard are old sections still fairly.

Sorry for my Eng. :D

ZelvaCZ

03 Jan 2016 18:32

Don't worry, we'll have:
- billboards
- commie flats (which are actually getting at least a bit repaired in the last few years)
- vegetation in central grass patches
- Městský okruh ("City Ring") (or, at least the parts that are accessible for truck traffic - the longest city tunnel in Europe, Blanka, is not accessible for trucks)

Prague Ring as a road is of course staying, but the scenery will be new - the only part I left there is the bridge over Berounka and Vltava rivers, which is very well done by SCS.

About my hometown, Příbram - I would really love to have it in game, but I can't. Prague is so huge that the ring road scenery reaches Příbram.
I could fit it in if I really wanted to, but I would consider it to be unfair against other players. In the end, Příbram is around 30th in the list of largest Czech towns by population.

And about my nickname - I don't mind any of the two variants. My nickname, Želva, literally means Turtle/Tortoise in Czech. But as I am spending most of my time in the non-Czech speaking parts of the internet, I got used to writing it without the accent ;)

markus7cz
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 20:20

Oh yes. Ohhhh Yessss! :D :D :D

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 20:58

When I first saw your name I use to think it was Zelda :lol:

Sorry for the off topic

Great to see the Czech Republic getting some promods love. Hopefully Slovakia is in the cards too. Would be awesome if FLD was helping with the actual mapping too. But i'm guessing he only doing prefabs for Promods.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information