Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Barrett_killz

26 Jul 2016 08:15

No can do, no prefab - no customs.

JESAN
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2016 13:51

Only tricks to slow down traffic and make a small queue like tollbooth or a stop sign.
And the usual customs/police officers with their typical "arms-crossed-I don't trust you" attitude :D

Christer135
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2016 18:24

Hello. :geek:
So on Squirrel's live broadcast that you had written "Kirkenes kommune" Kirkenes is not a kommune. Kirkenes is a city in Sør-Varanger kommune.
Sør-Varanger.gif
Sør-Varanger.gif (5.02 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B8r-Varanger

AlexanderBos25

04 Aug 2016 18:45

AWESOMEEE!! my mother is from russia so cant wait xd btw all the blue dots wich is undecided just make the red dots first after the blue if you feel like i have fun making them the more the better right?

09_KZ
Third Party Developer

09 Aug 2016 12:39

ajungrei93
traveled from Rovaniemi to Kirkenes, excellent work with a variety of landscape, I wish you success in the continuation!

Dannu
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 16:32

Finally i can tell my opinion too :D Amazing!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

AxelRäntilä
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 21:34

Had a quick first look at my drive through Russia. It looks great. Awesome Work!

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2016 13:54

Yesterday, I have been driving the whole way up to Svalbard and I really have to admit, this part is the best part of ProMods. When Iceland was first released, I already thought this would be the ultimate masterpiece in the masterpiece of ProMods, but with the Barents Sea Extensions, ProMods got a new ultimate masterpiece. This attention to the detail, the ideas how to create a nice and remote area in the north of Europe is just great. The Russian part with Murmansk and Nikel is even better and more adventurous than the Russian Open Spaces map is.

But nevertheless, there are some aspects that could make this map part even better:
1. Rest areas: On the whole way from the Finnish border (where is also no rest area at all, at least not marked on the map) up to Kirkenes, there are only 3 (!) rest areas (one in Murmansk, the other two in Norway) you can use, if you do not want to buy all the garages up there. At least in Nikel should be another rest area. It also needn't be something big with hotel or repair shop, just a small patch of soil, where you can park on would be great. I guess, in real life you just would park and sleep at the sidelines, but since this is not possible in ETS, rest places like the one at the Norwegian-Russian border or on the way from Pskov to Riga (there's a small dirt parking area) are really necessary. If I remember correctly, there even was some sort of parking area along the road from Murmansk to Nikel at the banks of the river (or is it a lake?).

2. I am really doubting the sense of a garage on Svalbard. It is even unrealistic that you can travel to Svalbard by ferry, but for the sake of having Svalbard on the map, I can accept that ferry. But concerning a garage on Svalbard, I can't find any realistic aspect and sense about it. If you hire employees for a garage on Svalbard, they would have to take this 41h travel by ferry every delivery they make, which is very inefficient. That's why I highly doubt that a trucking company would buy or build a garage on Svalbard in reality and I don't think many will also do it in ETS. That's why I suggest to remove that garage on Svalbard, so that you can only delivery cargoes up there and back, but don't have a garage up there.
But in the end, this is only your decision to include a garage on Svalbard and I also needn't and will not buy that garage up there. Maybe some other can write their opinion about it as well, so that the ProMods team can see, if the community wants a garage up there or not.

3. The Norwegian-Russian border crossing: There is way too much traffic up there, in my opinion. I was stuck in a huge traffic jam up there, which is not very realistic, I guess. And I am not sure if you can fix it, but I accidentally crashed with the overhead signs (the ones with "goods to declare, indicating the lanes for the cars) and all those concrete pillars fell down and blocked the whole road, whereas the signs remained flying in the air.

But that's just some aspects that I found and could be improved in the next version, but of course, it is up to the developers, whether they change something.
As I said before, this is really great work and I am already looking forward to my travel back from Svalbard to mainland Europe.

JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2016 16:43

Drove from Barcelona to Kirkenes and really what a amazing roads/stuff in norther Russia/Norway/Finland and Spain! I love it! :D
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

PolarNight
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2016 18:36

JurianPaulussen wrote:Drove from Barcelona to Kirkenes and really what a amazing roads/stuff in norther Russia/Norway/Finland and Spain! I love it! :D
Dude thats one hell of a long drive! If i may ask, how long did it take you to get there? (both IRL and ingame)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information