Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

29 Jan 2017 22:16

Umm... What?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

gmtavares

29 Jan 2017 23:14

peniu wrote:So the rusmap is blocking promods development in area that they are not even close to? Murmansk is at least 1000km from northernmost part of rusmap and almost 3000km from where they've been working recently (Volgograd). Is it for real?
Let me try and explain, picking the ideas from vladzz-G:
Vladzz-G wrote:We decided to keep off from Russia. The rest will developed by RusMap. [A] Last russian areas will added by ProMods are Kandalaksha and Kaliningrad oblast.
Part of russian community already annoyed, that we touched Murmansk oblast instead of including it in RusMap. (especially these, which plays ETS2 only with Russian maps, without ProMods)

First of all, as quoted in [A], ProMods will still develop in the Lola Peninsula, and not RusMap for now, and ProMods will also finish the Kalinigrad in last.
As he stated in , part of the Russian community, specially the ones more linked to RusMap, only using that map, fear that, since the teams are cooperating, RusMap will keep off ProMods areas, meaning that to drive in that part of Russia, they WILL need ProMods.

-----

Also, the ProMods team has been cooperating more and more with the RusMap team, and both maps are great. As such, even though ProMods night not venture more into other Russian areas, their "twin map" WILL, meaning that you will have the same situation as in between Finland and Estonia. All you need to do is have the connections file and you drive from ProMods, to RusMap, and back to ProMods, without feeling much of a change. That is what I hope you will feel going from Murmansk to Poland only via Russia, meaning that you will go through PM and RM!

-----

Even though RusMap has been developing another area, to cooperate with SR map, in order to cooperate more with PM, they might soon be moving up, connecting Moscow with Kurmansk!
It may take time, but if that is what the Russian community, the majority of PM's partner: RM's usetlrs, that is what will have to happen, ProMods will be confined to some areas, to make way for the other developers to work.
But don't let that annoy you, as both teams have great quality, and they do work togyether well!!!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

YNM

31 Jan 2017 16:49

In any case, driving the length of E105 sounds interesting !

Perhaps... some fellow promods dev could do the work under Rusmap banner ? Is that even a thing...

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 22:55

YNM wrote:In any case, driving the length of E105 sounds interesting !

Perhaps... some fellow promods dev could do the work under Rusmap banner ? Is that even a thing...

Certainly like the idea. Though, Aldimator himself said, he's got plans for the creation of E105 up until Murmansk, however not in the near future.

http://ets2mods.ru/topic/27094-karta-ro ... ntry463079

He will then only need to build until Kandalaksha, as Ajungrei already built it.
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Gazer75
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2017 22:57

Was county road 98 between Lakselv to Tana not considered?

No one would make the huge detour via E6 to Karasjok if 98 is open, and the game is set in summer time so it wouldn't be a problem.
The road over Ifjord mountain have been upgraded a lot now and is probably of better quality than E6 in much of Finnmark county.
Some pictures here: http://www.vegvesen.no/Fylkesveg/fv98if ... ordfjellet

E6 is very monotonous with nothing but medium height birch for a long time. 98 along the coast would be more scenic I think.

angelkiss

14 Feb 2017 09:53

Any release date about this extension?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2017 10:10

As always, it's released when ready.
And it's ready when it's ready.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

RH Trucking
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2017 10:17

the hell of an awesome job you did (doing) here mate
currently driving around your area the whole time dont came out of the wow feeling

dont know but could it be you played gta v too...for me it smells a little like the country side from there :lol:
drove a load 150 km on that backroad and some other trips there too...like i sayed wow :lol: :D

bastardikajj

13 Mar 2017 13:39

Something like that is telling me that these days we are going to have a new update on the progress of this beautiful map
:roll: :roll:

Dannu
Donation rank:

14 Mar 2017 22:19

There will be post if something new is up to show.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information