Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2016 07:10

I've tried Flemming V's tandem mod in the past and it drove OK but I gave up on it because I couldn't get the tandem version of Ohaha's Volvo FH2013 to work properly. The box is too short so it ends up looking really silly.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

LoaderSaints

12 Jun 2016 07:41

namelessclone wrote:Not only is it possible, it's already been done by third-party mods. There is one even on Steam Workshop.
It only needs one articulation point, as the first part is rigid.
That is not the same type of trailer. I've been using that tandem mod for ages already. ;)
Of course one could make a trailer like the one that we've discussed about, though it wouldn't function properly due to the only articulation point being where the fifth-wheel is. Would be very hard, impossible even, to haul it through some roads due to the length of the trailer.

EDIT:
Here is a table showing all the Eurocombi combinations:
The red vertical lines show the points of articulation. The B variant is the one which has been discussed here while the G variant is the mod you linked.
So as you can see, ETS2 only supports one point of articulation. There are some mods which include the D variant but with limited functionality (I use some mods that have this) as the 2nd articulation point which is in the front portion of the trailer doesn't pivot, therefore the combination functions just like the G variant in-game but is longer.

karlitoo84
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2016 16:20

LoaderSaints wrote:
namelessclone wrote:Not only is it possible, it's already been done by third-party mods. There is one even on Steam Workshop.
It only needs one articulation point, as the first part is rigid.
That is not the same type of trailer. I've been using that tandem mod for ages already. ;)
Of course one could make a trailer like the one that we've discussed about, though it wouldn't function properly due to the only articulation point being where the fifth-wheel is. Would be very hard, impossible even, to haul it through some roads due to the length of the trailer.

EDIT:
Here is a table showing all the Eurocombi combinations:
<snip>
The red vertical lines show the points of articulation. The B variant is the one which has been discussed here while the G variant is the mod you linked.
So as you can see, ETS2 only supports one point of articulation. There are some mods which include the D variant but with limited functionality (I use some mods that have this) as the 2nd articulation point which is in the front portion of the trailer doesn't pivot, therefore the combination functions just like the G variant in-game but is longer.
Interesting combinations, but I'm afraid it's not be possible to drive in Promods because it's too long. There is no chance You can delivery the cargo without damage because it's too long. Imagine to drive in small roundabouts in Poland with this any type of trailers it's impossible even when You drive trough roundabout with standart trailer it's not easy aswell.
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 12 Jun 2016 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up the quote.

Peterson

12 Jun 2016 16:24

Well, there are 2 articulation points, so it should go well. As someone stated (not here), sometimes it's easier to turn with an articulated bus than with a solo. It's tricky, but feasible.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

d0pamin963

12 Jun 2016 16:51

Well and sometimes its easier to drive an alternative route ;) anyway I wanted to ask whether theire were any problems in beta or is everything fine so far?

LoaderSaints

12 Jun 2016 17:08

karlitoo84 wrote:Interesting combinations, but I'm afraid it's not be possible to drive in Promods because it's too long. There is no chance You can delivery the cargo without damage because it's too long. Imagine to drive in small roundabouts in Poland with this any type of trailers it's impossible even when You drive trough roundabout with standart trailer it's not easy aswell.
I just posted those combinations as an explanation / a comparison for namelessclone.
And about combos being too long in-game, I'm mostly using the 22.25 & 25.25 meter combinations in-game (even though they don't have proper articulation) and have been able to get the job done without damage and without auto-parking 99% of the time. Surely those roundabouts in Poland are tough but I've managed to get through them. ;)

EG0611

12 Jun 2016 17:42

Why you guys are discussing tandem trailers? SCS already did tandem trailers for 18 WOS

They just need to upgrade it for ETS2 and ATS but they are too busy with wheel turning packs, small flags and so on...

IvanGF14
Developer

12 Jun 2016 18:02

Driving a two trailers truck is not as hard as you think. I had the oportunity to drive three trailers in Beamng and you just need a little bit more space than with one trailer ;)

LoaderSaints

12 Jun 2016 18:28

elitegamer0611 wrote:They just need to upgrade it for ETS2 and ATS but they are too busy with wheel turning packs, small flags and so on...
I totally agree with you on that. I've been wanting that feature for over a year already. :lol:
I haven't played the earlier SCS trucking games but I had heard of there being more articulation points in the earlier games which brings up the question; Why did SCS remove this feature? :roll:

But please, back to topic people. This matter has now been discussed in enough detail. 8-)

Zakara
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2016 20:59

Just one thing. Those long trailers are possible with those roundabouts with a road in between.
Like this, which I've seen a couple of times in Belgium:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information