Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
zebenji
Graphics Designer

28 Nov 2016 18:14

Hi there!

With the upcoming France DLC, I was just wondering if you guys started thinking about some replacement names for the new French companies. I know it's a long shot, but France will be included at some point and well it would be awesome to get some local names, like you did for Scandinavia. :)

LoaderSaints

28 Nov 2016 18:44

Once we have a confirmed list of the companies being added we can start thinking of real life equivalents.

And of course we will be open for suggestions like before with the Scandinavia DLC. As a Finn I personally lack knowledge of French companies. :lol:

SpartacusMills
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 21:46

I know you've just said above that you're not looking for suggestions just yet, so I will respect that. But I recently found out there's a transport & logistics company in Western France that shares its name with my surname (also the surname of the CEO, but I'm sure that's a coincidence... :) ) so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that showing up in game one day!

Although to be honest, no-one ever mentioned it when I worked for Europa so maybe they're not that big. :(

zebenji
Graphics Designer

29 Nov 2016 05:24

LoaderSaints wrote:Once we have a confirmed list of the companies being added we can start thinking of real life equivalents.
And of course we will be open for suggestions like before with the Scandinavia DLC. As a Finn I personally lack knowledge of French companies. :lol:
I remember I found this link, a while ago :

Of course we'll see which companies have been included in the DLC, but here are a few done deals :
- For logistics, Kutchek created Norbert Dantressangle (which became XPO Logistics but almost all their trucks are still labeled as N.D.), Geodis, Easydis and Transports Mazet. I remember a Transports de Savoie warehouse in Bordeaux. There is FM Logistic too, though I did not see a lot of them on the road.
- For nuclear reactors: Areva is the first name which comes to my mind.
- Gommes du monde seems to be a tire company: Michelin (worked for them, they have very colorful trucks!).
- BHB seems to be a refinery: Total
- Chimi seems to be a chemical company: if it's a pure chemical company, Rhodia (former Rhone Poulenc).
- Nos Pâturages: Lactalis
- Bâtisse: Vinci is the leader, another alternative could be Bouygues.
- Dans le jardin: Vegetable company... Bonduelle?

It's far from complete but hope these few suggestions can help. I can definitely help with the other names when I'll have access to the DLC map. :)

rookie_one
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2016 06:46

For nuclear power plants(Nucléon in-game), I would say EDF, as most reactors are owned and operated by Électricité de France (Areva is in charge of conceiving and building reactors and making and selling the nuclear fuel)

The one thing I do not know, is who is in charge of transporting the fuel there. Is it EDF sending their own truck drivers to pick it up or is Areva using their own drivers and trucks to do the delivery

For huilant(Or BHB?, I don't know what is the difference between the two in-game), that one is easy : Total S.A.

For Voitureux, if it's what i'm thinking of, there is 2 candidate :
The PSA Group (Peugeot and Citroën)
Renault-Nissan (Mostyl Renault in france)

And I bet my money on the PSA Group since that group is made only of french brands, while Renault-Nissan, as you can guess, is french and Japanese

For the ferry company (Gallia in-game?), I'm betting on P&O Ferries

Finally, for "Port de Conteneur", if it's the one in Calais, it would be the Boulogne Calais Port (or Port Boulogne Calais in french)

TheClems

30 Nov 2016 11:50

If DLC's companies are this one :

"Dans le jardin" could be "Ma campagne" or something like that.
Kaarfor is Carrefour of course.
Marina seems to be a port, or a boat builder, if it's a port, no idea, but if it's a shipyard, there is STX (St Nazaire - Nantes)
Gallia Ferries = Corsica Ferries

haye.renders
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2016 18:54

TheClems wrote: Gallia Ferries = Corsica Ferries
Ferry company could also be Brittany Ferries as they're headquarters are in Roscoff and that's in new DLC.

Corsica is not in DLC I think. Would like to be able to drive there.

Roudou

30 Nov 2016 20:50

rookie_one wrote:
For Voitureux, if it's what i'm thinking of, there is 2 candidate :
The PSA Group (Peugeot and Citroën)
Renault-Nissan (Mostyl Renault in france)
If it's a car manufacturer, i agree.
If it's a car equipment manufacturer, Valeo is the best choice.

LoaderSaints

05 Dec 2016 18:02

So now that the France DLC is out, here is a list of companies that came along with it which we will have to replace with real life equivalents:

New companies in 1.26:
  • FLE
  • Lisette Logistics
  • Voitureux
New companies in the France DLC:
  • Bâtisse
  • BHB - La Raffinerie
  • BOISSERIE J-P
  • Chimi
  • Dans le Jardin
  • ÉCO
  • Gallia Ferries
  • Globeur
  • Gomme Monde
  • Huilant
  • Marina (this Marina is not the same company as the one in the Scandinavia DLC - may not need replacing)
  • MVM carrière
  • Nos Pâturages
  • Nucléon
  • Port de Conteneur
  • Subse
  • Wilnet Transport
We are open for suggestions! :)

Peterson

05 Dec 2016 18:09

Well, I would replace Éco by Esso. And, that's pretty much all for now.

And those power plants... it might be specific by plant.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information