Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
zebenji
Graphics Designer

05 Dec 2016 23:03

LoaderSaints wrote:We are open for suggestions! :)
Let's have some fun!
  • FLE Chronopost (Package company close to airports, that would make sense)
  • Lisette Logistics Transports Mazet
  • Voitureux Groupe PSA (former PSA Peugeot Citroen)
  • Bâtisse: Vinci or Bouygues
  • BHB - La Raffinerie Total for sure
  • BOISSERIE J-P Lapassade (first one I found on Google in fact...)
  • Chimi Rhodia
  • Dans le Jardin Bonduelle... or Cassegrain (loved their mascot when I was a kid)
  • ÉCO Total / Esso
  • Gallia Ferries Brittany Ferries (based in Roscoff)
  • Globeur Geodis
  • Gomme Monde Michelin
  • Huilant ... actually I have no idea for this one.
  • Marina (this Marina is not the same company as the one in the Scandinavia DLC - may not need replacing)
  • MVM carrière Saint-Gobain or Lafarge would make sense
  • Nos Pâturages Lactalis
  • Nucléon Areva or Alstom
  • Port de Conteneur GPMM (Grand Port Martitime de Marseille)
  • Subse Transports de Savoie or GT Logistics or even FM Logistics (though I only saw two locations on the map...)
  • Wilnet Transport Nortbert Dantressangle

jasper

06 Dec 2016 10:07

For Huilant , maybe La maison de l'huile d'olive , if it is cooking oil or Antar if it is for gasoline.

http://www.societe.com/societe/la-maiso ... 41532.html

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antar_(entreprise)

For Nos Pâturages , i would have said Danone ;) and for Nucléon , Areva suits better than Alstom , as this company builds locomotives and train wagons.
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 11:16

Having worked with Geodis (albeit in the Netherlands) myself for a while, I'd highly recommend making that a recurring company (and not just in Orleans). That company is huge, and definitely one of the biggest logistics companies in France.

Personally I think it would be a good replacement for Lisette (from what I've seen in Squirrels stream)

rookie_one
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 11:32

For Nucléon, instead of Areva, I would put Électricité de France (EDF)

This is mostly because Areva and Alstom does not operate the power plant, they only build it and sell(in the case of Areva) the fuel. The owner and operator is EDF.

There is only EDF that is in the Electricity Generation sector concerning Nuclear power plants in france, all the others are either in building plants, consulting or making and selling fuel

Kiekkomestari

06 Dec 2016 14:44

I am asking this because I am not completely sure: Does the newest Trailer and Company Pack (1.11 I think) work in 1.25 update. I've read that trailers have just showed white.

Peterson

06 Dec 2016 16:02

rookie_one wrote:For Nucléon, instead of Areva, I would put Électricité de France (EDF)

This is mostly because Areva and Alstom does not operate the power plant, they only build it and sell(in the case of Areva) the fuel. The owner and operator is EDF.

There is only EDF that is in the Electricity Generation sector concerning Nuclear power plants in france, all the others are either in building plants, consulting or making and selling fuel
Well, how could EDF transport energy as cargo? What these power plants need is fuel, spare parts and such, and I'm sure that every plant has specific companies that deliver the cargo. All you have to do (if it's public) is to look at contracts they have and partners.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

zebenji
Graphics Designer

06 Dec 2016 16:42

jasper wrote:For Huilant , maybe La maison de l'huile d'olive , if it is cooking oil or Antar if it is for gasoline.
For Nos Pâturages , i would have said Danone ;) and for Nucléon , Areva suits better than Alstom , as this company builds locomotives and train wagons.
According to the DLC, it's definitely not cooking oil for sure... :) Antar, as well as Elf, are former companies, which have been acquired by Total a long time ago. According to the Huilant factory in Bordeaux, Huilant should be oil stockage (docks des pétroles d'Ambes)... though it could have been nice to add a "Gommes du Monde" company nearby because Michelin factory is literally around the corner.
Peterson wrote:Well, how could EDF transport energy as cargo? What these power plants need is fuel, spare parts and such, and I'm sure that every plant has specific companies that deliver the cargo. All you have to do (if it's public) is to look at contracts they have and partners.
Hence the name of Areva. What's more, Areva works abroad, especially with nuclear plants. In case some developers would want to add a nuclear plant in another country, it would not seem strange to have Areva over there.

Koti

06 Dec 2016 19:02

Anyway, Areva has just sold its nuclear activity to EDF this year and will cease nuclear plant maintenance in the next year.

For Huilant, I thought of Motul but if it's about oil stockage, go for something like Les docks des pétroles d'Ambes.
For Chimi, Sanofi can make the deal as Promods lacks of some pharmaceutical company.
Jean-Pierre Boisseux should be replaced by Piskorski since... they have nice trucks. Simply that!
Finally, for logistics, i advice to look after Jacky Perrenot or Geodis

zebenji
Graphics Designer

06 Dec 2016 19:20

Koti wrote:Anyway, Areva has just sold its nuclear activity to EDF this year and will cease nuclear plant maintenance in the next year.
For Huilant, I thought of Motul but if it's about oil stockage, go for something like Les docks des pétroles d'Ambes.
For Chimi, Sanofi can make the deal as Promods lacks of some pharmaceutical company.
Jean-Pierre Boisseux should be replaced by Piskorski since... they have nice trucks. Simply that!
Finally, for logistics, i advice to look after Jacky Perrenot or Geodis
Motul could work. Les docks des pétroles d'Ambes are... well... only at Ambes. :) We need a more generic one, and Motul is the best suggestion so far.
Regarding Areva/EDF, I'm still unsure about that one. EDF would make sense in general. But as I said, if someone wants to add the nuclear plant model in another country, it won't make sense to have EDF abroad, while Areva can be found across Europe for sure.
Piskorski is definitely a nice idea. Nice trucks. :)
Regarding logistics, that depends what Promods will do with Kutchek's work. If they don't keep the custom companies he created, using them makes sense (especially since logos are already created). However, if extra company names are needed, I think we gave most of the French-based ones already.

rookie_one
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 22:34

I think we should just use EDF for now and if SCS decide to use the same in-game company elsewhere, then adapt at that point

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information