Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
loupdargent

03 Jan 2018 14:51

KrysEmlyn wrote:
02 Jan 2018 22:59
I've been quietly helping the TCP crew in the background this week with getting the Schwarz Mueller DLC trailers adapted for this mod.
Below are some of the trailers that I adapted. First up, the Schwarz Mueller Curtainsider trailer:
Image Image Image
Image Image

I've also been working on the Schwarz Mueller Refrigerated trailer:
Image Image Image

The Schwarz Mueller Food Cistern trailer is next on my list to fix the skins for. I've had to make edits to the skins that Promods is using in the TCP to fit the Schwarz Mueller trailer models. The Schwarz Mueller trailer boxes feature reflective speed limit and marker panels, which were covering up parts of the skins when I initially tried to adapt the Schwarz Mueller trailers to use the TCP skins. I'm currently just processing the replacement version of the TCP for adaptation to the Schwarz Mueller trailers. I have a few more edits to do for the curtainsider and refrigerated Schwarz Mueller trailers (mainly moving some text around on the rear doors). Once I get the files squared away for the food cistern trailer, I will submit the entire package to the TCP crew for inclusion into the TCP replacement pack itself. Right now, the files are in a separate (and originally personal) mod for ease of fixing and testing. The skins shown above are just what I was able to do by taking the existing textures and moving stuff around. I am not making skins from scratch here.

France Company Adaption:
I've gone through the 61 pages of this thread and compiled a list of replacement companies for the France companies that SCS Software included in their base files and the France DLC itself:

Code: Select all

Batisse			->	Bouygues
BHB			->	Total or Exxon
Boisserie		->	Lapassade or Piskorski
Chimi			->	Rhodia
Dans Le Jardin		->	Bonduelle
Eco Gas			->	ESSO or Total
FLE			->	Chronopost
Gallia Lines		->	Brittany Ferries
Globeur			->	FM Logistic or Geodis
Gomme du Monde		->	Michelin?
Huliant			->	Antar or Motul
Kaarfor			->	Carrefour
Lisette Logistics	->	Geodis or Transports Mazet
Marina			->	Unchanged
MVM Carriere		->	Lafarge
Nos Pasturages		->	Danone or Lactalis
Nucleon			->	Areva or Électricité de France
Port de Conteneur	->	CMA or CGM (NOTE: I need the actual company names for what these abbreviations stand for)
Subse			->	Transports de Savoie
Voitureux		->	Group PSA
Wilnet Transport	->	Nortbert Danressangle/XPO Logistics
I'm willing to make replacement skins using the companies listed above, but we need to have the names locked down to one per company. Some of the companies have 2 options listed, and we need to have 1 for each. My skin making ability is rather limited as I only have access to Paint.NET, which has limited tools. The trailer skins that I make will be rather plain (logo/text on a plain color/gradient background). Can we get a consensus on which companies to use so I can get started working on the trailer skins for the France companies?
Thank you very much, i'm happy to know we'll have real french companies.

If that can help you, CMA-CGM is one group
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMA_CGM
and it means "Compagnie Maritime d'Affrètement" / "Compagnie Générale Maritime"
It's not a problem if you keep CMA-CGM as a company name.

For the rest, yes "Gomme du Monde" IS "Michelin". Michelin headquarters are at Clermont-Ferrand, where in the France DLC you can see the "gomme du monde" factories, and you can transport tires from there.

About chosing a name for companies i would say :
BHB -> Total or Exxon (In France ExxonMobil is still called Esso)
Eco Gas -> ESSO or Total
So you'll have to chose, one is Total and the other is Esso

Boisserie -> Lapassade or Piskorski
I would say Lapassade because i think Piskorski only transport and deliver wood but do not exploit the forest

Globeur -> FM Logistic or Geodis
I think this one is Geodis because the "globe" and the "geode" are both spherical

Lisette Logistics -> Geodis or Transports Mazet
And Transports Mazet fits perfectly with Lisette Logistics

Huliant -> Antar or Motul
Motul of course, because Antar is part of Total for a while and "Antar oils" are not sold anymore since 2009

Nos Pasturages -> Danone or Lactalis
This one is very difficult, because both are giants of the food industry. In France, Danone is the biggest and Lactalis the second one but it is the world leader of the milk and cheese industry. So i can't really make an objective choice on this one. But if i had to chose, i would keep Danone, because it is the most popular.

Nucleon -> Areva or Électricité de France
This one is not simple too... Both Areva and EDF had developped and constructed nuclear plants. The majority of Areva's activity is centered around nuclear power, mainly the extraction, refining and enrichement of Uranium, when EDF is the main provider of electricity. EDF is the main customer of Areva, which delivers uranium to EDF, who is responsible to produce the energy in the nuclear plant, soooooooooooo... i would keep EDF for this one.

Wilnet Transport -> Nortbert Danressangle/XPO Logistics
"Norbert" and not "Nortbert", it's part of XPO Logistics now

Voitureux -> Group PSA
"Groupe"

I think the rest is okay, thanks again for your work ;)

Davyddin
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2018 16:43

Note that base ProMods has already introduced Norbert Dentressangle separately. This might be true of some other candidate for Vive la France replacements as well; I haven't checked thoroughly.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2018 17:58

I'm aware that Norbert Danressangle and Transports Mazet already exist in the ProMods map as standalone companies.
Geodis once existed in the ProMods version of Orleans, France prior to the DLC's release.
However, I see no issue with reusing these names in the replacement version of the TCP for the France companies. [shrugs]

As for the list, it looks like we have some concrete choices here for replacement names.
I'm going to let this thread run a bit until Friday to give people time to look at it and make responses.
If I hear no other objections/suggestions by Friday, then I will take what I've seen here so far and start working with it to make the new trailer skins and replacement company logos.

muerteh 650
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2018 20:10

Will the 3d posters be modified? :) thanks
Maps ETS 2: ProMods+ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on +RusMap+The Great Steppe
Truck ETS 2: DAF XF 105 Weeda

Map ATS : ProMods ATS (coming)
Truck ATS: Peterbilt 389 RedBlack

loupdargent

03 Jan 2018 21:00

After reflection, i would change one more thing for the sawmill :

Boisserie -> ONF (Office National des Forêts)
ONF produce 40 % of the wood in France, other groups are small regional private groups so ONF is an evidence

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2018 22:22

@muerth 650: What do you mean by 3D posters?

@loupdargent: I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the Boisserie company.

muerteh 650
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2018 09:35

KrysEmlyn wrote:
03 Jan 2018 22:22
@muerth 650: What do you mean by 3D posters?

@loupdargent: I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the Boisserie company.
Example:

up4081

04 Jan 2018 11:36

Any progress about Italia DLC Companies?

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2018 18:59

@muerteh 650: I'll see what I can do about such sign models. These will require me to get Blender and set it up with SCS Blender Tools and a few other programs so I can import them into the game. I'm not very good at modeling and I'm not at all familiar with the processes required for doing models for SCS Software's programs such as ETS2. It may be awhile before I am comfortable working on such models.

@up4801: One step at a time. I'm currently trying to wrap up adapting files from the TCP to work with the Schwarz Mueller DLC trailers. Once I'm done with those, then I will be taking a look at what's required to replace the France DLC companies with real world companies. Replacements for the Italia DLC companies will come eventually. Just not right now. I have very limited time due to having a job in the evenings and I have other things that I want to do during the day. I don't want to do modding all day or I will get burned out on it.

muerteh 650
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2018 20:13

Thanks KrysEmlyn :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information