British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2016 15:10

Yea it can be at times but I always get a kick out of driving on the left side of the road cause right side of road can get a bit, ya know, boring cause I live in a country that drives on the right (check the flag below my name) and the left side of the road, challenging as it is, can be fun and interesting at times.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

21 Jul 2016 20:44

I hate that we drive on the left in the UK. When ever I drive in the rest lf europe in my own car I am at a serious dissadvantage when it comes to visablity when over taking.

Though on the plus side people notice you and take interest in your car. Easy way to talk to people.

AtripleN
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 16:08

I'm loving the work on Exeter, good job ProMods, keep it up!

Just wondering, will Stoke-on-trent be added because it is in a pretty empty place and I think would fit nicely.

Also, what about the Lake District (the lakes) and its main city Keswick, i've been there in real life and they look fabulous, will they be added.

Since you guys are most likely going to be adding Bristol, will Bath not be added because of how close it is to Bristol. That city has some very nice architecture.

Are you guys going to be adding Reading, I think it's in a nice place and it is the closest city to where I live.

What about the M40, I think it would be a good link between London and Birmingham, and if Oxford is added, London-Oxford and Birmingham-Oxford.

Will Oxford, home of one of the world's best universities be added?

If Oxford gets added, will you add the A34 because it is a way to get from Southampton to Oxford via the M3 or if Reading is added you can go to Oxford via the M4 using the A34.

Is there any space for Leeds and Leicester? They are major cities in the country.

Is there any space for Brighton? Its a nice sea-side place.

I'm also assuming Norwich will be added because it is in an empty area.

The A4 is also a good idea, it can link London with
Bristol.

Nottingham might fit well.

Finally, are there any plans to add Swindon.

Thank you for your work ProMods
Last edited by AtripleN on 25 Jul 2016 19:12, edited 2 times in total.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 16:19

I would rather have only Bristol and London on the English section of the M4 and have a proper representation of landscape and interchanges with the A34 towarsa southampton for example. You all get too hungry for cities.

AtripleN
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 17:10

You do have a good point but, in my opinion it more worth having more cities as long as you cant see 2 right next to eachother in the satnav at medium zoom, thats what I use as my standards, do you think the other things are good ideas?

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 18:36

Stoke-on-Trent is a good call, with the A50 linking the M6 and M1 as an alternative to going past Birmingham. Many drivers do this in real life.
Can't see much point in having Keswick, as there's virtually no industry there, but it is a nice place!
Oxford are very anti-truck! So again not much point, but the A34/A43 linking Southampton to the M1 (at Northampton) would be great. Again a very important trunk road in the UK
Both Leeds and Leicester seem sensible suggestions to me!
Not sure both Swindon and Reading would look right, but at least one of them would be great.
I think there are plans for Norwich.

Another suggestion for England at least, would be Teesside, a big industrial hub. It just depends if it would fit well near Newcastle.

Peterson

25 Jul 2016 18:46

Swindon? Only thing I would like to see in Swindon is the Magic roundabout.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

AtripleN
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 19:12

What do you think about Nottingham

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 19:34

If Leicester was to be built it would be unrealistic to fit in Nottingham just up the road.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2016 22:55

I would like to showcase what signs I can draw, and it would be very good if these could be included in the next update. I could make some more for the mod if required. They took a while, but are pretty good in my opinion.
Attachments
UK Speeds.png
Speed Sign for the UK (for lorries)
UK Speeds.png (22.34 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
UK Car Speeds.png
Speed sign for the UK (for cars and motorbikes)
UK Car Speeds.png (15.08 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Dover Entry Sign.png
Entry sign for Dover, accurate to real one
Dover Entry Sign.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information