British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MapDrawer
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 17:36

jasejackson wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge when and if any of the following locations will be available? These are my suggestions, I know that not all of them will make the game but would make it more interesting. Thanks for any clarifications...

Wiltshire: Swindon, Cirencester
Gloucestershire: Gloucester, Cheltenham
West midlands: Solihull, Coventry, Wolverhampton
Hampshire: Salisbury
Oxfordshire: Oxford
Herefordshire: Ross-on- Wye
Devon: Bridgwater, Taunton
Worcestershire: Worcester
Northamptonshire: Northampton
Wales: Bridgend, Llandridod Wells, Newport, Aberystwyth, Abergavenny, Monmouth
Scotland: Perth, Dundee
Roads: A34 Oxford to Southampton, M42 Solihull, M40 Birmingham to London
I believe Oxford will come, along with most of your suggestions for Wales and Scotland. The M40 from London to Birmingham might also be, although I reckon it'll be a tight fit (due to Oxford being in the way)

Hope this helped! :)
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

Featherus

25 Aug 2016 18:00

jasejackson wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge when and if any of the following locations will be available? These are my suggestions, I know that not all of them will make the game but would make it more interesting. Thanks for any clarifications...

Bridgwater and Taunton are in Somerset, not Devon. Although Bridgwater would be good to add as it's the home of a major Morrisons distribution centre. I would also love to see Barnstaple added in North Devon if possible. There is plenty of room for it.

Neppolomon

25 Aug 2016 18:01

Salisbury is in Wiltshire as well to let you know ;)

MistahDave
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 18:05

LOL. You really think Bridgend, Newport, Abergavenny and Monmouth are all going to fit into Wales? While I would LOVE to see more cities in Wales, i'd rather sacrafise cities in exchange for more accurate roads. I don't want to see Newport added because i'd rather a rebuild Cardiff that is more true to real life. Even Swansea is a bit... pushing it in terms of proximity to Cardiff. Also Ross on Wye and Monmouth?

The only cites that should be added to Wales is Aberystwyth, Fisgaurd, Hollyhead then if there's any room left maybe add in Wrexham or somewhere insignificant up North or add Milford Haven but i'd rather cover those first and see how it's looking.

ScuL
Founder

25 Aug 2016 23:20

Our main focus will be on improving the road network, not on building cities. Building cities takes about 2 weeks per city, so just with that list we could fill nearly a year's work.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 23:56

Big cities like London, Glasgow, and Birmingham take months to rebuild (each).
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

ScuL
Founder

26 Aug 2016 00:30

Yea Barcelona took ~1 year, so I am estimating the London rebuild to take at least that.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Drive Safely

26 Aug 2016 13:16

Congratulations to SeptianPJ for making it to the team. I'm sure he's making a contribution for the British Isles. ;)

linguas.amo
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 16:23

You said that cities like Barcelona took a year to build and London would likewise require the same amount of time. My question is when did you guys start building London?
The meanest floweret of the vale, The simplest note that swells the gale, The common sun, the air, the skies, To him are open paradise.

JoshuaGaming

26 Aug 2016 20:22

Hi Promods

Did you read my post about the North Devon one. If you have, then here's the map
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (115.68 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Featherus wrote:Bridgwater and Taunton are in Somerset, not Devon. Although Bridgwater would be good to add as it's the home of a major Morrisons distribution centre. I would also love to see Barnstaple added in North Devon if possible. There is plenty of room for it.
That is what i was talking to Promods about North Devon. Because I lived in Barnstaple. Also they will do something else like Bideford. I posted an image for the Promods Team & Developments to see. I hope they can bring North Devon in either 2.2 or 2.3
Last edited by tkk7406 on 26 Aug 2016 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double-post

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information