British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Callipso
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2016 03:16

my suggestions, for England
  • rebuild Dover its seems much to bulky and doesn't take advantage of the coast around it much. perhaps creating the noted white cliffs in there somewhere.
    build folkstone, the area is just marked as just the chunnel entrance. it is an actual town.
    move Plymouth to its actual location, right now its probably better named as Exeter as that is the town at the end of the M5.
    build Bristol, would be a nice addition, some of the long bridges across the Bristol Channel would be interesting drives.
    rebuild of Birmingham and Coventry as a side town, in a sort of way Croydon is to London.
    consider Stoke-on-Trent though this might be a tough squeeze. would mean getting rid of Derby. perhaps replaceing it with Nottingham or Leicester.
    One of these three cities, Chelmsford, Colchester, or Ipswitch. should be considered.
    Build Norwich, plenty of room nothing out there. also consider Peterbourogh though that would depend of space after Leicester and Norwich are built.
    Build Lincoln, should be enough room to get er in there.
    Not sure if its possible to add Liverpool in here as Manchester would have to be built in a fashion to accommodate for it.
    Build Leeds, and maybe York if Space is available.
    Move Grimsby harbor to its actual location or near it on the other side of the Hull river, or you can simply build the city of Hull and do away with Grimsby.
    Rebuild Newcastle/Gateshed, perhaps think about Sunderland if there is space.
    build Workington, or Maryport, and a road through the Peak district. would be some nice scenery.
    consider the town of Douglas on the Isle of Man. Ferry from Liverpool to Douglas.
suggestions for Wales,
  • Rebuild and properly space Cardiff and Swansea. they seem too close at present.
    Carmarthen, Cardigan, Aberystwyth as towns along the A48/A40 coastal road. can be constructed.
    Build Caernarfon, with some farms on the island of Anglesey. And road through Snowdonia.
    build, Shrewsbury and Hereford for access to the interior.
suggestions for Scotland,
  • build sections of Hadrians wall as scenery on the Scottish border.
    construct city of Dumfries, currently nothing of note on the borders
    build the A75 out to the town of Cairnryan this would be a good ferry port to access Ireland from Scotland, build the A77 to the newly built city of Ayr.
    rebuild Glasgow, to include the river Clyde, should be much larger than the vanilla game.
    relocate Edinburgh to its actual location on the sea.
    consider adding Falkirk, and Stirling the latter would include the Forth river.
    construct Perth add in the M90 and the bridge across the Firth of Forth. M9 would provide access to Falkirk or Stirling and the M875 provides access to Perth across the Firth.
    scenery towns of Dumferline on the other side of the Forth.
    consider if space allows the city of Dundee.
    build out the newly constructed A90 out of Dundee to the newly constructed and properly located Aberdeen.
    Go wild with new roads through the Highlands, would love to see new mountainscapes that remind me of Norway. A9/A96 and maybe the A82 to visit the Lochs, ending in Inverness.
    consider the A87 to the port of Ulg to access the Hebrides.
    consider the A83 to the port of Campbeltown
    build the A835 to the port of Ullapool, provides direct access to Stornoway.
    construct Stornoway. and possibly Tarbert as ports and cities to visit in the Hebrides.
    a long dirt road out to the town of Durness, would be nice scenic route through the highlands but very rugged sort of like Iceland's interior roads.
    build Kirkwall on the Orkney Islands if space allows. port of Stromess would be part of Kirkwall since lack of space, connect this to Thurso
    build Lerwick on the Shetland Islands if space allows, Ferry between Kirkwall and Lerwick. Ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick
just a few ideas

martinusK

26 Apr 2016 05:28

I'll just note out to Callipso that Chelmsford's already in. ;)

Here's a question: will the UK rebuild happen in 1:19 or 1:15? Currently i'm always left snoozing when driving through the UK, since it is so much bigger.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

ScuL
Founder

26 Apr 2016 05:33

There's no way London will fit in 1:19
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Callipso
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2016 20:34

yea I kinda wrote that without looking at the map in game so wasn't so sure. so just scratch that one off the list.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2016 22:23

Thanks for that Martinus! I thought for a moment Chelmsford had disappeared! :o

And thanks for the many suggestions Callipso... well, all I can say at this moment, is that some of those places are under consideration, and some have already been built ;)
As for what makes it into the map, I'm afraid you'll all just have to wait and see! :D
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Callipso
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2016 02:41

if you see any that are already built that I haven't suggested be re-constructed. then just cross them off. :P no need for duplicate towns on the map. anyways its just a rough list put together based on spacing really so its up to you guys in the end. I also left Ireland off the suggestion pool as I want to be surprised. lol

philbean

27 Apr 2016 14:46

The Channel Tunnel complex would benefit from a bit of work too.

Maybe not the actual platforms bit as that might be too complex.. but at least have some sort of gateway complex in the 'upstairs' bit... rather than just turning off the road and down a ramp and on the train as happens at present.

martinusK

27 Apr 2016 17:19

ScuL wrote:There's no way London will fit in 1:19
Shame, i hate the fact that the UK is so big. (not in real life, but in the game.)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

LoaderSaints

27 Apr 2016 17:23

philbean wrote:The Channel Tunnel complex would benefit from a bit of work too.
Indeed. I tend to avoid using the tunnel as ATM it just doesn't feel right. :P

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2016 18:55

Callipso wrote:build sections of Hadrians wall as scenery on the Scottish border.
Most of Hadrian's Wall is nowhere near the Scottish border, instead dotted along many Northern B-roads so a bit of scenery route creation would also be required ;).

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information