Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
M95

19 Aug 2014 08:35

I'm working on it indeed. The hardest part of the job is making a flawless connection between my parts from the old italy mod and the new parets SCS did. This is how it looks now, a few posts back you can see how it looked a while before. There's also some nice overlays coming up made by SkuL to put on the signs. But as you can see there's still much work to do here.

I hope to finish this intersection soon and continue building the A13 again because even I want to go south but first things in the north need to be done and need to be properly done. In other words, I take all my time needed to make the best result of it.
venezia-1.jpg
venezia-1.jpg (119.76 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2014 08:39

That's one good lookin' intersection :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

icona

19 Aug 2014 09:18

Look very nice. Thanks ProMods for your work

honza.tuhacek

19 Aug 2014 12:21

I know that is probably long way to go before you reach that sector, but I´ll ask anyway.

Will you consider add Ferrari factory, when you reach Modena area, like promods did with Saab, Volvo and Scania in Sweden?

M95

20 Aug 2014 20:46

Small detail, huge amount of time. Everyone who has driven over the brennerpass into Italy using the A22 will know this signs and this, maybe, irritating speed limitation but because of the mountains there it is neccesary.
a22signs.jpg
a22signs.jpg (246.03 KiB) Viewed 2292 times

danirijeka
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 21:55

jontsuba wrote: Other mods add Trento, and it's been said adding Udine for making way to Slovenia.
I'd be all for adding Trento since it's my hometown (homeprovince?), but it's too close to Verona to be significant, and to make way to Slovenia, either Gorizia or Trieste would be a better addition than Udine (which is along an already-existing road, the A23), in my opinion.

Then again, Verona could just have a...rather unfortunate accident, so that Trento would take its place. *shifty eyes*

What would be realistic for a trucking simulator, in that part of Italy, would be the addition of SS47 (from Trento to Padova) - a road that's VERY frequently used from truckers to take a shortcut from Padova, avoiding Verona, Vicenza and their traffic.

@M95: speaking of the (A22) devil, does ProMods have a way to integrate the no-trucks-overtaking-during-the-day rule in effect on that road? And, on the signs you posted, there's a small spelling mistake; "Ciusa" should be "Chiusa", silly Italians and their 'h's everywhere. ;)

Besides all that - it's looking great!

jontsuba
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 22:15

danirijeka wrote:
jontsuba wrote: Other mods add Trento, and it's been said adding Udine for making way to Slovenia.
I'd be all for adding Trento since it's my hometown (homeprovince?), but it's too close to Verona to be significant, and to make way to Slovenia, either Gorizia or Trieste would be a better addition than Udine (which is along an already-existing road, the A23), in my opinion.
I've noticed that instead of Trento, I meant Bolzano :lol: Oops!

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 23:50

danirijeka wrote:...silly Italians and their 'h's everywhere. ;)
OT I know, but I cannot resist! While I was at the seminary, I lived in an Religious Community that was mostly Italian. After a few years, it finally dawned on me why everyone of 'em kept tacking vowels on the end of nearly every word of English that came from their mouths...

...virtually every word in Italian ends with a vowel! I guess some habits are too hard to break... :lol:

When I mentioned my brilliant deduction to one Brother, he semi-politely told me to "Get the 'h' out..." :P

Just kidding with the last, they were and remain very close and fast friends! :mrgreen:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

M95

21 Aug 2014 12:16

Also small details are very important.
curvesigns.jpg
curvesigns.jpg (248.31 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 13:59

M95 wrote:Also small details are very important.
are you going to rebuild the A22 with the Brenner pass?
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information