Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
icona

25 Aug 2014 10:33

Superdavecan wrote:
Fra98 wrote:
In my opinion, the best solution is "delete" Verona and add Trento and Bologna (in the future).
Bolzano is too nearby to Innsbruck and Bologna is a very important city in Italy, so I think That it would be added in each case.
To approach to Slovenia instead suggest Trieste or Gorizia.
I hope that isn't impossible to do.
I don't support the idea of deleting Verona, or any of the other SCS cities for that matter. I'm not convinced that the rest of the ProMods team would accept that either. Rebuilds, however, are a different story... many of the SCS cities, particularly the larger ones, could do with a rebuild.

I checked out your concept map though. It's a reasonable concept, although personally I would have done a few things differently...
- Again, I don't think Verona should be deleted. M95 says that Bolzano and Verona will both fit, but even then I don't think that either Trento or Bolzano is strictly necessary. It's a lot harder to build cities in mountainous areas too.
If M95 think that it can be both Verona and Trento, perfect! Another city to visit, more work and more miles. I think Trento is in an ideal position to make a pass between Austria and Italy. Among other things, the path already exists. My idea of eliminating Verona is because it is very close to another major city, Bologna...
- Does Sardinia need all three of Olbia, Oristano and Cagliari? I'm convinced Oristano can go... although I definitely think that greater Italian representation is needed, it shouldn't be overcrowded like Denmark... Denmark has proportionally way too many cities, so I'd try not to go in that direction.
In my opinion, Olbia is important, Because is a port. Cagliari is the most important city in Sardinia (and a port) and it is worth inserting it in the map.
Oristano, however, is not very big and I inserted to make "a bridge" between Olbia and Cagliari (and also because I have many relatives over there), but for me it is not strictly necessary ...
- I don't think Grosseto is needed, and instead I would build Florence, even if it's a bit close to both Bologna and Livorno. Cities in close proximity do exist in the game... for example, in Belgium ProMods has built Antwerp very close to Brussels, in the UK they built Croydon which in fact is part of Greater London, and in the Netherlands I understand that they have plans to build Utrecht, which is very close to Amsterdam. As long as the cities aren't built particularly big, shouldn't be a problem for Florence to fit in the middle.
Good idea, I completely agree!
- Civitavecchia is only intended as the ferry terminal, right? I wouldn't build it as a city with jobs, just as a ferry terminal.
Yes, I inserted Civitavecchia because it's a port...
- Is Reggio Calabria really needed as well as Messina? (Unless it's only for the ferry terminal)
Yes, a ferry terminal, like the zone near Rostock, Burg a. Fehmarn and Kobenhavn.
- Possibly Ancona and Foggia?
Yes, Ancona between Bologna and Pescara, and Foggia could replace Bari.
That's just my opinion. All the same, good job :)

Other things that I wouldn't mind... I would like to see San Marino in the game, similar to how they built Liechtenstein. It's doable; they just need to create an entrance from where Rimini would be. And then, it might be a bit crazy but it could be interesting to build a ferry connection from Pozzallo to Valletta, Malta. It's very small but maybe Malta could be another one of these small countries.
Another good idea, we will see what will decide M95

@all It's just my personal opinion, M95 job is very good and I hope that he will continue well!

Oh, sorry for my bad English!

Derbi

25 Aug 2014 11:21

Great work guys keep on!

I've seen the concept map of "fra98" and I think that there is no need to have Piombino when there also Livorno and Genoa.

-About Ancona there should be the possibility in the future to add a port if the a day will come also ex Jugoslavia Country and Greece.

-To add more realism, to connect Calabria to Sicilia, i think that is better use Villa San Giovanni in stead of Reggio Calabria. (Villa San Giovanni is 20 km North of Reggio Calabria)

-That's a minor thing but i still don't understand why SCS did not build the A4 from Turin to Milan but did a secondary road. Especially because this is one of the most important road of Northern Italy.

That's just my opinion and sorry for my english. =)

jontsuba
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2014 13:14

I think we should just relax and see how M95 decides to do Italy. We shouldn't bother about future plans. M95, the creator, is the closest person to the project and the one who sees things clearly. He'll know if a city can be made or not, if something is too close to the something else, and if he'd make it now or in later stages.

M95

25 Aug 2014 15:22

We've got some new nice screens for you ready. The past few days I've worked on the intersection between the A4 and the A23. Also Purno is helping me to place the signs here and there, and he did it in a greay way so far. Here are some shots for you:
it-2.jpg
it-2.jpg (209.93 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
it-5.jpg
it-5.jpg (182.28 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
it-6.jpg
it-6.jpg (159.17 KiB) Viewed 1990 times

MapDrawer
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2014 15:34

Nice screens! Hope Italy will be included in the next version of ProMods!
Main Garage: Kassel (D)
Other Garages: -
Current Truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter
Current Level: 25 (Master)

Current Journey: Warszawa (PL) - Clermont-Ferrand (F)
Currently Transporting: Coal (24t)
Current Location: Aurach (D)
Route Length: 1347 km

Derbi

25 Aug 2014 17:22

Great Job! It look so nice!

Kutchek

25 Aug 2014 19:51

Great Job Dude !

Superdavecan

25 Aug 2014 19:52

Fra98 wrote:
If M95 think that it can be both Verona and Trento, perfect! Another city to visit, more work and more miles. I think Trento is in an ideal position to make a pass between Austria and Italy. Among other things, the path already exists. My idea of eliminating Verona is because it is very close to another major city, Bologna...
I'm sure it could be possible... but again I don't support the idea of deleting Verona or any other SCS default cities, and I don't think the ProMods team will accept that either... I'm pretty sure they have to agree on it first. Verona is an important place in its own right :) If M95 thinks that either Trento or Bolzano can fit as well as Verona, sounds good to me! :) Bologna should be there too... but I think just one city in Emilia-Romagna is enough, no need to build Modena, Reggio Emilia or Parma. Otherwise it would really get too crowded! ;)
In my opinion, Olbia is important, Because is a port. Cagliari is the most important city in Sardinia (and a port) and it is worth inserting it in the map.
Oristano, however, is not very big and I inserted to make "a bridge" between Olbia and Cagliari (and also because I have many relatives over there), but for me it is not strictly necessary ...
Makes sense, but I think maybe only Cagliari is necessary for jobs (not sure about Olbia). Oristano would always make a great scenery city though... :)
- Is Reggio Calabria really needed as well as Messina? (Unless it's only for the ferry terminal)

Yes, a ferry terminal, like the zone near Rostock, Burg a. Fehmarn and Kobenhavn.
Perhaps the ferry terminal should be Villa San Giovanni, as the terminal is there (a bit north of the city) rather than in Reggio Calabria itself. Agreed though, don't really need jobs in Reggio Calabria.
Yes, Ancona between Bologna and Pescara, and Foggia could replace Bari.
No, keep Bari! Bari is more important; I just felt there was space for Foggia to fit (although it isn't strictly necessary either).

In the end, M95 will do what he wants... I'm looking forward to seeing more though! And I'm sure he'll be taking all of our feedback into account. If we're lucky, we might soon see a nice surprise in some of the new screenshots :idea: ;)
Oh, sorry for my bad English!
No need to apologise, mate. You're writing very well in English :D

danirijeka
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2014 21:01

Man, these screenshots look gorgeous. The A4/A23 interchange is rather atypical, since it's not a (partial) cloverleaf like pretty much all of the others, and as such confuses motorists greatly. "Go left! Left! No! No! The OTHER left!" (quoted verbatim from yours truly's better half)
My idea of eliminating Verona is because it is very close to another major city, Bologna...
I always thought Verona was closer to Milan than to Bologna, but that's nothing major - there are already a few cities very close together in ProMods.

phlyer91
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2014 21:37

Looks very nice! :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information