Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Lolsmurf

29 Jan 2014 22:21

Genoa has a 'port' so expansion to mediterean islands is possible in the future ;)

I'm working as much as I can and I think Genoa will be in the next update ;)

Superdavecan

30 Jan 2014 00:02

All I can say is

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I was worried that Italy would be forgotten, so I'm so glad to see that ProMods is going to cover it and enhance it. I really look forward to the updates and I know that it will be great. I also agree that it was logical to suspend work on Spain, since France needs to be finished first anyway in order to connect it.

Hopefully the Italian map will eventually go all the way down to Sicily! It just wouldn't be complete without that. I saw the idea of Malta as well, but since it's so small it's debatable whether it's worth including for this kind of game... but if you do decide to do it, remember to set left-hand traffic ;)

mikoair

30 Jan 2014 00:18

Malta is too small Island for ETS2 map scale :(

norguy

30 Jan 2014 00:58

Lolsmurf wrote:I'm working as much as I can and I think Genoa will be in the next update ;)
Nice :)

If I were you, I would immediatly move south after Genoa is finished. As I have said before, this game badly needs mediterranean scenery! When all SCS countries are on the same latitude, the vegetation also looks very similiar everywhere.

Hence, if you make at least one highway southwards before you finish the north, it would spice up the game alot! At least in my opinion.
Last edited by norguy on 30 Jan 2014 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

adrian007
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2014 00:59

Hey Smurf ,
Any chance of maybe doing a video of your Italian map ?
Regards
Adrian 8-)

norguy

30 Jan 2014 01:07

Actually, I played your France map for ETS1. It was back in 2008 or something? Anyway, I remember it had alot of new signs which made it pretty outstanding. Felt like a new game in some ways. Hope you could do the same magic with Italy, so that we dont have to wait until Spain for a mediterranean feeling.

sw3gameboy

30 Jan 2014 07:14

adrian007 wrote:Hey Smurf ,
Any chance of maybe doing a video of your Italian map ?
Regards
Adrian 8-)
I'm afraid it's abit too early to discuss about a video. Maybe some time later, but as for now - guess what... :roll:

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2014 09:31

mikoair wrote:Huh, another country... I think that there is a lot more work in Spain and France.. so another project will slow? I'm afraid.
In all honesty the Baltics is the smallest project area-wise ;)

LOK330

30 Jan 2014 11:32

it is very good landscape..
but i support make malta country in ets2 .

Lolsmurf

30 Jan 2014 13:51

norguy wrote:Actually, I played your France map for ETS1. It was back in 2008 or something? Anyway, I remember it had alot of new signs which made it pretty outstanding. Felt like a new game in some ways. Hope you could do the same magic with Italy, so that we dont have to wait until Spain for a mediterranean feeling.
:D Yeah that's some time ago hehe. It was the first thing I ever released ^^

I try to make everything look as realistisc as possible. Evene when I finish a part I always recheck it to see if I can add extra thing. I still remember when I played trucksimulator games alot I always hated that everything looked the same and the streets were empty.

That's why I will try to use as much models and people on the streets to simulate real life.

After Genoa I can't say where I will be heading next to be honest. If Kutchek arrives at the Spanish border I will go back to Spain.
But France still needs a big deal of work so I think I can make a southern highway still.

Pls dont start asking for islands of cities, I am working on Genoa right now and I won't make something else this moment untill it is finished.

Thanks for the replies guys.

EDIT: I also try to take as much things you suggest into the map itself. I heard alot of people asking challenging roads and turns so for example if you want to board the ferry in Genoa, be sure you practised on that because you will have to turn sharply following the port route to the ferry ^^

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information