Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 17:01

Can we get back on topic please? This is about the Balkans, not about politically sensitive areas in general ;)

Any more replies by people other then team members regarding that topic will be removed.

Thanks in advance!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Floow23
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 17:03

ETS2-User wrote:
17 Oct 2017 23:19
Floow23 wrote:
17 Oct 2017 21:20
However Im willing to help you only if that is created as an independent country otherwise I would personally prefer that it doesn't exist at all rather being considered as "part" of Serbia.
You should know that it doesn't work like that. Nobody would like to accept help together with such a highly controversial demand. But indeed, we won't do Kosovo anyway.
Hello,

I doubt it's a highly controversial demand, but to avoid to get deeper into this topic which will probably lead to a political discussion I won't comment more about it, than saying that if you guys are following the real life situation then there should be as it is; an own country that has a total control of its territory, traffic and population and fullfills all the requirements in the definition of "independent state" .

And I believe I have the right to make that demand and its not controversial as its something realistic and true.

However, I would gladly help you guys on Albania aswell, if help is needed.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Oct 2017 19:51

Floow23 wrote:
18 Oct 2017 17:03
(...) but to avoid to get deeper into this topic which will probably lead to a political discussion I won't comment more about it, (...)
And this is exactly why we avoid it. This is a potential pr-bomb. If you build Kosovo, what to do with things like flags, license plates and the country code in the freight market? You have to pick a side then. And in this case, considering Kosovo as its own country is basically "damn if you do and damn if you don't" for us. Therefore, the third option, which is avoiding it completely, does lead to disappointment, but we rather have that than a controversy we don't know how severe the consequences will be...

For the record, we've had people being worked up by using Londonderry instead of Derry on signs, even though it's there in real life. And don't get me started on the whole issue of the name of That One Balkan Country That Should Not Be Named.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Noah_Lukas

18 Oct 2017 19:57

The round that up and to come back to the actual topic .... I just wanted to say I'm looking forward to the future builds of this area :D :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

ScuL
Founder

18 Oct 2017 21:12

To add to some of the posts on the previous page, I don't think any of those other situations are comparable because Kosovo actually involves a war (/armed conflict). Therefore the stakes are much higher than other separatist regions in Europe. It's just better to not stir up things that do not need stirring.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 21:56

Volleyball mustn't delete your post.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

arra10
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 21:05

Hello Promods, thank you for the excellent work you have done! :o

For the last time i want to go off topic, about the discussion of the disputed territories for example Kosovo, Transnistria, ...
For more than a year I have thought about it, how to solve the issue for Promods.
My idea is: You can make the disputed territories/regions/republics as a Promods-ADD-ON :ugeek:
The people who want to play in this regions and aren't going to be upset -> They download the add-on -> they will be happy ;)
The people who don't want to see the region as separated country ans will be upset -> Thy don't download the add-on, and let the map in its original form -> they will be happy too ;)
Now Promods doesn't need to make decision for the people, They decide for themselves. 8-)

PS: Please don't delete my suggestion, I really will be happy if one of the creators of Promods could give his opinion about this kind of solution.
PSS: Sorry for my bad English.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 21:09

Kosovo will NOT be built. Any disputed area will NOT be built. That is final. No more discussions of any disputed territories at all please.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

zmaj_od_istre

19 Oct 2017 21:53

Yep...let talk about what will be built. If you can tell us, what may come in next version (of Balkans)?

AoiWithAStar

22 Oct 2017 20:38

Will trailer doubles be coming to Bulgaria? I've seen doubles cargo in the city where I live.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information