Development on version 2.x (Balkan Area)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Asyedan

28 Sep 2018 07:12

Well, you guys are the developers after all, you decide what to do and how. I think you overestimate the problem a bit, most of us dont care about politics here. But yes, too much problems for a small country/province whatever you like to call it. I think you could reconsider it when you have finished everything else in the Balkans, as a sort of the last piece of the puzzle, but for now it is absolutely not worth it. There are a lot of good places in the Balkans. Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, finishing Greece and FYROM, etc etc.

Ps: Speaking about Kosovo, but not related to this discussion, the border is a bit wrong in the ingame map. It shows the FYROM-Serbia road goes into a little part of Kosovo, but this is not true in reality, it is always 'mainland Serbia' territory. To be honest when i saw it in my GPS i was curious to see what the border controls would look like, but my curiosity was quickly killed when i realised i never get in Kosovo xD.

samuray
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2018 11:42

The border is not wrong. The road is just a little bit wrong because of the scaling...
You know, it is 1:19 in length but not in width...

ETS2-User
Developer

29 Sep 2018 15:43

We've had someone riot just because some signs pointing in the direction of Kosovo have "KS" on them, just like they do in real life. And seeing how often this topic comes up on the forum, I don't think we overestimate the problem at all.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

BGD011

29 Sep 2018 19:31

ETS2-User wrote:
29 Sep 2018 15:43
We've had someone riot
I hope I was not that "someone"...
And seeing how often this topic comes up on the forum
MandelSoft already wrote ProMods decision, so further explanations are unnecessary, just press "delete" button...
I don't think we overestimate the problem at all.
You overestimate a lot, but if it makes you happy ...

Asyedan

29 Sep 2018 22:36

I get your point, but if the only reason you avoid these areas is the potential bad reactions from people, why not first try to get what the people really thinks about it, instead of making assumptions that could not be all true.

You could try making a poll , and doing the same in Facebook and any other media you have to reach the most people you can. If the result of that is good enough, like 80% or more, then you know it wouldn't be a really big deal.

A worser result would mean the community is not sure about what they want, or that a large part of it do not support the idea.In that case, you would end definitely and forever the discussion (at least until these territories are not disputed anymore).

Anyway, i think once Albania makes its way into Promods, the demand for Kosovo will fade out. So i think it is better to go that way, as i said before, Kosovo currently isnt worth building and focusing into the rest of the balkans seems like the right idea. I do not really care that much about Kosovo, because ProMods is still awesome with or without it. I just think that our community should leave all politics outside of the game, we are here because we enjoy playing ETS2, if someone really care that much about which country some territory belongs to in a map mod for a game, i think he doesnt really enjoy the game.

KanjonMoraca

30 Sep 2018 15:51

My opinion about making Kosovo is that it would be best to skip it, im Serbian and i think that it would be best to make a balance and keep doth side satisfied with content in-game. Including politics in game is not worth of it, there is a lot of dedication from PM team to make a one good quality standard and improve it.

I love this game because of possibility to drive across Europe and learn about new places and architecture, and im enjoying in it.

For Kosovo is ONLY important that you mention it on the map and on some signs, and that's ok, i respect it.

So, please, let's skip this and talk about maps, regions, and things which made this game. :)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Sep 2018 16:37

Since my last statement apparently wasn't clear enough, this topic will be locked until further notice.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2018 01:07

Topic has been unlocked again. Any discussion on the development of Kosovo or lack thereof will still lead to immediate warnings.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

AoiWithAStar

27 Oct 2018 01:49

Glad this topic is finally unlocked. I just wanted to let the devs working on Bulgaria know that Google Maps is currently doing an update on its street view. For the moment it only covers some areas of the country but it might be helpful for getting good very recent shots of Bulgaria.

befsztyk

27 Oct 2018 02:34

I'd like to thank the developers for amazing work in Zadar. The center with the gate to the old town and footbridge with the city view on the other side of the bay is outstanding!

• Information