Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EdgeGladiator

27 Sep 2018 14:18

Romania Extended is a poor quality map so I do not think this is good news, a bad yes. And YKS as also bad.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Sep 2018 15:03

This is not the place to discuss the quality or development of other maps.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vladimir U.

27 Sep 2018 15:26

Please some development screenshots :)

Noah_Lukas

27 Sep 2018 15:28

You will see some when there's stuff ready to show. ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Floow23
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2018 17:29

bmwGTR wrote:
26 Sep 2018 17:28
Hi,

we already stated that we will not build Kosovo, because it is a disputed area.
Please stop discussion about Kosovo.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
By stating that, you are clearly politically motivated and taking stands in the political question of Kosovo.

If you claim that your project is based on reality (i.e real life) then you should make Kosovo whether it is considered as an independent country in or not, in the perspective of Serbia or any other country or not, at least the people living there are claiming independence and fullfilling all criterias for an independent state.

I do not understand how creating Kosovo can be provoking for anyone, since even Serbs are welcome to live in the country and guaranteed rights as every other citizen in republic of Kosovo.

PS: Besides of Kosovo question, I can offer my help to the modders in creating Albania and their roadnetwork, translations and other necessary information to make it more realistic, however I am not capable of modding myself

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Sep 2018 18:12

Let me restate the issue.

We will not make Kosovo because it would cause a marketing disaster whatever we decide to do with it. I know people don't like it that this region is being avoided because of that, but this is a "damn if you do, damn if you don't" situation and we just picked the option that has least negative effects. Consider the following options:
  1. We make Kosovo as an independent state. This would infuriate Serbians, as they still see Kosovo as a part of Serbia and we risk losing a very large portion of our Serbian fans (and maybe fans from other countries too), and we don't want that to happen.
  2. We make Kosovo as a part of Serbia. This would infuriate people from Kosovo and Albania, as we would not take Kosovo's claim seriously, and thus risking losing fans from that part of the community. And we don't want that to happen either.
  3. We build Kosovo as a neutral territory, leaving both parties unhappy. (Not to mention other technical difficulties)
  4. We don't build Kosovo and avoid picking sides in this issue. This would disappoint part of the community, but it would avoid strongly negative reactions, and we can re-direct the man-power elsewhere (i.e. Montenegro or Albania).
All things considered, the last option, which is what we're doing now, has the least amount of negative consequences for us. And as long as Kosovo is disputed, we will not build it.

And with that being said, anyone who makes a post continuing this discussion will receive an official warning!
This issue has been discussed numerous times and our decision has been final for a long time now.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Asyedan

28 Sep 2018 07:12

Well, you guys are the developers after all, you decide what to do and how. I think you overestimate the problem a bit, most of us dont care about politics here. But yes, too much problems for a small country/province whatever you like to call it. I think you could reconsider it when you have finished everything else in the Balkans, as a sort of the last piece of the puzzle, but for now it is absolutely not worth it. There are a lot of good places in the Balkans. Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, finishing Greece and FYROM, etc etc.

Ps: Speaking about Kosovo, but not related to this discussion, the border is a bit wrong in the ingame map. It shows the FYROM-Serbia road goes into a little part of Kosovo, but this is not true in reality, it is always 'mainland Serbia' territory. To be honest when i saw it in my GPS i was curious to see what the border controls would look like, but my curiosity was quickly killed when i realised i never get in Kosovo xD.

samuray
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2018 11:42

The border is not wrong. The road is just a little bit wrong because of the scaling...
You know, it is 1:19 in length but not in width...

ETS2-User
Developer

29 Sep 2018 15:43

We've had someone riot just because some signs pointing in the direction of Kosovo have "KS" on them, just like they do in real life. And seeing how often this topic comes up on the forum, I don't think we overestimate the problem at all.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

BGD011

29 Sep 2018 19:31

ETS2-User wrote:
29 Sep 2018 15:43
We've had someone riot
I hope I was not that "someone"...
And seeing how often this topic comes up on the forum
MandelSoft already wrote ProMods decision, so further explanations are unnecessary, just press "delete" button...
I don't think we overestimate the problem at all.
You overestimate a lot, but if it makes you happy ...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information