Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Floow23
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2017 21:20

Hello guys, you are doing an amazing job.

I could provide you with all kind of necessary information upon the roadnetwork, cities and every aspect required for you regarding the Republic of Kosovo.

It would be nice to see it on your map. However Im willing to help you only if that is created as an independent country otherwise I would personally prefer that it doesn't exist at all rather being considered as "part" of Serbia.

Besides of that topic, willthere be a ferry between Brindisi/Bari and Durres?

I can also offer help with translation or roadinformation on the Albania part or questions in general.

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2017 22:25

Politicaly sensitive areas like Kosovo and east Ukraine won't be mapped until conflict is resolved. The best for both sides in conflicts. Why?
If they will make Kosovo as indenpendent country, maybe Serbians won't play Promods. If they will make Kosovo as part of Serbia, Albanians maybe won't play Promods.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ETS2-User
Developer

17 Oct 2017 23:19

Floow23 wrote:
However Im willing to help you only if that is created as an independent country otherwise I would personally prefer that it doesn't exist at all rather being considered as "part" of Serbia.
You should know that it doesn't work like that. Nobody would like to accept help together with such a highly controversial demand. But indeed, we won't do Kosovo anyway.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

YNM

18 Oct 2017 02:27

ETS2-User wrote:
17 Oct 2017 23:19
Floow23 wrote:
However Im willing to help you only if that is created as an independent country otherwise I would personally prefer that it doesn't exist at all rather being considered as "part" of Serbia.
You should know that it doesn't work like that. Nobody would like to accept help together with such a highly controversial demand. But indeed, we won't do Kosovo anyway.
There had been a discussion before I think ?

In any case, I hope politics never tells what should be there and what shouldn't in ProMods. If Kosovo were to be built, or Macedonia, they should exist the way it currently exist IRL, the way it's there IRL, not the way it exist in one's mind or imagination.

Unless there's no commercial truck traffic, in which case it's a case of "yeah, no-one really got there anyway".

ScuL
Founder

18 Oct 2017 03:59

Building Kosovo and including it as an independent country will make many users really upset
Building Kosovo and including it as a part of Serbia will make many users really upset
Not building Kosovo and completely ignoring it will make nobody upset
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BGD011

18 Oct 2017 11:36

ScuL wrote:
18 Oct 2017 03:59
will make many users really upset
will make many users really upset
And then both groups, to cool down, eat a biscuit made in Serbia, imported in Kosovo.
Kosovo’s biggest partners in import are Serbia (16.6%), Germany (9.7%), Italy (9%), Turkey (8.8%), China (8.2%), and Macedonia (5.8%).

loupdargent

18 Oct 2017 11:46

And if for exemple Scotland claim their independence, and UK isn't okay with that, will you remove all Scotland from promods?
History is in perpetual movement, i think YNM is right, if promods make it like it is officially, peaple shouldn't be upset because there isn't any political position taken.

Another exemple, if one day you make Corsica, you will do it as part of France, but some peaple may not consider Corsica as part of France.

CptCaribbean

18 Oct 2017 13:26

loupdargent wrote:
18 Oct 2017 11:46
And if for exemple Scotland claim their independence, and UK isn't okay with that, will you remove all Scotland from promods?
History is in perpetual movement, i think YNM is right, if promods make it like it is officially, peaple shouldn't be upset because there isn't any political position taken.

Another exemple, if one day you make Corsica, you will do it as part of France, but some peaple may not consider Corsica as part of France.
You forgot the biggest political conflict in Europe at the moment, here where I am between Spain and Catalonia.

Every person is a new world but if you want my oppinion because I live it everyday, I really wouldn't mind whether if Catalonia is taking part or not inside Spain, the most important is the quality of the mod, I wouldn't bother tbh, idk how serbians / people from Kosovo would feel like.

And as said, I don't want to offense anyone but you are really not avoiding places with political conflicts e.g. Catalonia, Basque Country, Scotland, Bretagne, Corse, Northern Ireland...
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Noah_Lukas

18 Oct 2017 13:32

Hmm I understand that you wno't do Kosovo indeed but why shouldn't they do eastern Ukraine because that's a whole coutry and not a sitution like Kosovo :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

luctrod

18 Oct 2017 14:19

I also don't think it's so fair to exclude a region from the game for political reasons. I think the promods project is conducted apart from any political issues, mainly as there are many just as mentioned in some comments above. If someone decided to build Kosovo, I think it could just look on the map in a similar way it does on google maps, for instance (I mean, in a neutral way, by not defining whether it's part of Serbia or an independent country, as I guess it's not relevant for the game):

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Kosovo ... d20.902977

And roads, landscapes and traffic signs just like they are in real life.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information