Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
AxelRäntilä
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 07:08

Looks great :D I am impressed how you guys can find the time and resources for all of your various promods projects

b0r1s

05 Jul 2016 07:48

great work guys, I cant wait to explore Balkan countries :). I know that it is maybe early to ask, but what cities do you have in plan for Bosnia and Herzegovina? I can help you with Bihac (near border with Croatia), take a photos or something.
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 07:51

You can always help us by taking pictures, we would be happy if you did so! :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 09:13

Matt723 wrote:
Post by realdeal350 » 04 Jul 2016 19:24

Definitely will not fit, sorry.
This map was just an initial plan for providing ideas and a good base to work on. I am definitely open to suggestions. Please write how this plan could be developed into something realistic. Thanks!

-Matt723
Never knew you're the developer lol.

Drop the tone a little if I was you, comes off a little arrogant. Suggestions are good, and I agree that Budapest needs a rebuild from bottom to top - could use current ProMods Berlin format.

MYE2001

05 Jul 2016 10:34

Callipso wrote:I didn't think we would actually expand beyond the continent of Europe in this mod. Thrace is part of Europe though anything across the Bosporus is in Asia Minor not a part of Europe the other ends are at the Caucasus and Ural Mountain ranges. I'm not quite sure you will see the entire Black Sea Coast at the end of the project.
I agree, that's why I said "if". I know that quality mapping takes time. But about expanding beyond Europe, I think this is up to the developers, as it's a great amount of work and needs willingness. ProMods is doing an amazing job and saying "Please build city X" is not very helpful.

And this question may be a bit early, if you build only Thrace in Turkey, will you add Anatolian side of Istanbul and the city of Çanakkale (which is just on the other side of Dardanelles)? Not having this areas just because they aren't in Europe would be strange.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 15:57

Our goal is to have all of Europe in the game. This does not mean that we won't have non-European areas... it just means that we have general priorities. We aren't being stubborn about staying within Europe ;)
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Matt723

05 Jul 2016 15:58

Never knew you're the developer lol.

Drop the tone a little if I was you, comes off a little arrogant. Suggestions are good, and I agree that Budapest needs a rebuild from bottom to top - could use current ProMods Berlin format.
Sorry for coming off arrogant. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.
After comparing the two cities, I definitely agree with what you suggested. I'll continue doing plans over the summer of how my original design can become workable (I'll also post them). This is a project very close to my heart, and I want to help make sure Hungary gets the amazing ProMods treatment it deserves.

Thanks again,
-Matt723

PS: If you have some available time, please continue writing suggestions on how to improve the design. I'd really appreciate it.
I don't always play ETS2, but when I do, I prefer it with ProMods.
Keep trucking, my friends...

Horizon™
Developer

05 Jul 2016 18:38

We will eventually, fully enhance Hungary but that could require a lot of time to complete. Some of us, highlighted some minor work on a country throughout this development topic :
- http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t= ... 40#p129674
- http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t= ... 50#p129759

Please, be more patient because whole country will not appear overnight - we are not a company which works 24/7, but a group of individuals having a goal to complete a diverse European countries.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

EG0611

05 Jul 2016 20:11

Please, be more patient because whole country will not appear overnight - we are not a company which works 24/7,
As a free-mapper, I absolutely agree with that.

But on the other hand we are requesting something from community: Information. Since you guys announced Balkan Project, I assume you did some field research for this project and me and some people would like to learn these infos. I don't mean which city which road which something will be included but what has been researched so far like; mappers, google street view footages, road sign templates and so...

Long to short everybody is asking which city which town bla bla bla but what we actually wondering is what have been worked so far. Please inform us more.

Vøytek
Developer

05 Jul 2016 20:19

Like in every other country - plan of roads, interchanges (with real signage of course). They know how to do it ;)
Full list of planned cities is probably not yet final and you won't know it any way, as it's a surprise, revealed closer to release date. And part of it, like Croatia, can be by the end if the year but Greece or Turkey probably in the next year - but that's just my opinion.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information