Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
PoulDK
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 20:23

This looks very promising. Keep up the good work. Maybe we will have ferries from Ancona or Bari to Patras? :D

Callipso
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 21:33

MYE2001 wrote:
Callipso wrote:I didn't think we would actually expand beyond the continent of Europe in this mod. Thrace is part of Europe though anything across the Bosporus is in Asia Minor not a part of Europe the other ends are at the Caucasus and Ural Mountain ranges. I'm not quite sure you will see the entire Black Sea Coast at the end of the project.
I agree, that's why I said "if". I know that quality mapping takes time. But about expanding beyond Europe, I think this is up to the developers, as it's a great amount of work and needs willingness. ProMods is doing an amazing job and saying "Please build city X" is not very helpful.

And this question may be a bit early, if you build only Thrace in Turkey, will you add Anatolian side of Istanbul and the city of Çanakkale (which is just on the other side of Dardanelles)? Not having this areas just because they aren't in Europe would be strange.
Likely if they do start on Istanbul that they would complete the city even if its across the Bosporus. Its not a strict hard line I had stated. It was more of a I wouldn't be expecting much development of the map beyond the European continent. The devs can always choose to add what they like if its something they think they can offer and there is enough interest in it. Personally, I like the idea of including all of the areas around the Mediterranean and the Black sea, Anatolia, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and the various islands that dot the Mediterranean such as Crete, and Cyprus. Though weather that will ever happen is questionable at this point. There are areas in hot dispute and in civil war out there that will probably be difficult to map without much contention, Crimea, and Syria mainly. All of that is far in the future though so I wouldn't expect it to be decided until they finish what is already planned.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2016 21:51

Speaking of Ancona, PoulDK, I have been dying (not really) of more cities in Italy but I'll be a good citizen and wait :)

Gtagentleman

06 Jul 2016 01:29

Nice Keep up the good work!

cata2001

06 Jul 2016 08:56

I'm getting so hyped right now. Keep up the good work!

MYE2001

06 Jul 2016 10:53

Callipso wrote:Likely if they do start on Istanbul that they would complete the city even if its across the Bosporus. Its not a strict hard line I had stated. It was more of a I wouldn't be expecting much development of the map beyond the European continent. The devs can always choose to add what they like if its something they think they can offer and there is enough interest in it. Personally, I like the idea of including all of the areas around the Mediterranean and the Black sea, Anatolia, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and the various islands that dot the Mediterranean such as Crete, and Cyprus. Though weather that will ever happen is questionable at this point. There are areas in hot dispute and in civil war out there that will probably be difficult to map without much contention, Crimea, and Syria mainly. All of that is far in the future though so I wouldn't expect it to be decided until they finish what is already planned.
I completely agree.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

06 Jul 2016 10:56

I hope the devs prioritize Serbia and Croatia, so we get it in 2.20 as predicted.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Jul 2016 11:00

ScuL wrote: NOTE: This will definitely not be ready for 2.10, but some territories may appear in 2.20.
We didn't predict anything. We said they may appear. We hope they will, but we don't know for sure nor tell they will appear.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

b0r1s

06 Jul 2016 11:52

ok guys, I took some photos from the border Bosnia-Croatia but weather is very cloudy and photos are not so good, there is too much contrast. I will do it again latter when the weather is much better.

Because there is no Google Street View in my country, I am trying to find some app for the iphone that çan take panorama images or 360° so if anyone know for some let me know. I have in plan to take some images of north-west BiH, from border with Croatia, through city Bihac and further in both direction: east to Banja Luka and south-east to Sarajevo.
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

ScuL
Founder

06 Jul 2016 12:58

I have visited Bihac nearly 2 years ago and still have photos from the town and the area. I remember the border very well (and also the fact that it took very long to cross).
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information