Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2019 17:36

Errmmm....
Do you read what @Trucker2223 said?
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Floow23
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2019 17:48

It was after i posted my replies, sorry

But i still want their explanation and point stands

PerrydPelle

15 Jun 2019 20:21

Here is a topic that explains it. viewtopic.php?p=192808#p192808 And ProMods are Pro-Mods not Pro-Serbia or Pro-Kosovo! If ProMods treats Kosovo as an independent country, Serbian players will be mad, and if they treat Kosovo as a part of Serbia, Albanian/Kosovar pepele will be mad.
Developer of uh...

Floow23
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2019 20:31

I understand but doubt Serbs will be mad, I have Serb friends even though I'm from Kosovo they accept stuff as they are today.

Reality is that Kosovo is independent therefore its irrelevant how Serbs or other people feels about a real life fact.

I could also say I feel mad that Northern Ireland is not part of Ireland or Åland not part of Sweden or other regions who belonged to a country that doesn't today.

But doesn't justify to keep it out. Therefore I accused admins of being pro-Serbia. If they wouldn't then they would have not taken consideration of what some people might feel.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 16 Jun 2019 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Jun 2019 20:34

Let me keep this brief here.

We have made it clear on several occasions in this very topic that we don't take sides. We do not proliferate ourselves as either pro-Serbian or pro-Kosovo. You argue that by not making Kosovo, we appease the Serbians and are therefore pro-Serbian, but with the same facts you could argue that we are pro-Kosovo by recognising that this region is not really part of Serbia and that we avoid it, because we also mention that we don't want to make it as a part of Serbia either. Making Kosovo as its own state or making Kosovo as a part of Serbia would lead to the fury of either side.

But avoiding it? That only leads to mere disappointment. It's too bad, and we don't like that we have no other viable option than to avoid this region, but as long as the controversy remains, the only option for us is to do nothing and don't appease or upset either party. It's the least "bad" option of them all...

And let this be the end of it! We have repeated ourselves enough already on this matter. If the discussion continues, this topic will be locked again.

EDIT: The topic linked in the posts above is exactly the reason why we expect a backlash either way when we would build that region, regardless if we recognise it as Kosovo or not. We have reason to believe that it would get much worse if we did that, and we just don't want to invoke such drama...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Floow23
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2019 20:35

PerrydPelle wrote:
15 Jun 2019 20:21
Here is a topic that explains it. viewtopic.php?p=192808#p192808 And ProMods are Pro-Mods not Pro-Serbia or Pro-Kosovo! If ProMods treats Kosovo as an independent country, Serbian players will be mad, and if they treat Kosovo as a part of Serbia, Albanian/Kosovar pepele will be mad.

And that guy (brainiac) explaining the conflict of Kosovo is total Serbian angled propaganda that lacks both historical and modern sources.

Added in 10 minutes 55 seconds:
MandelSoft wrote:
15 Jun 2019 20:34
Let me keep this brief here.

We have made it clear on several occasions in this very topic that we don't take sides. We do not proliferate ourselves as either pro-Serbian or pro-Kosovo. You argue that by not making Kosovo, we appease the Serbians and are therefore pro-Serbian, but with the same facts you could argue that we are pro-Kosovo by recognising that this region is not really part of Serbia and that we avoid it, because we also mention that we don't want to make it as a part of Serbia either. Making Kosovo as its own state or making Kosovo as a part of Serbia would lead to the fury of either side.

But avoiding it? That only leads to mere disappointment. It's too bad, and we don't like that we have no other viable option than to avoid this region, but as long as the controversy remains, the only option for us is to do nothing and don't appease or upset either party. It's the least "bad" option of them all...

And let this be the end of it! We have repeated ourselves enough already on this matter. If the discussion continues, this topic will be locked again.

EDIT: The topic linked in the posts above is exactly the reason why we expect a backlash either way when we would build that region, regardless if we recognise it as Kosovo or not. We have reason to believe that it would get much worse if we did that, and we just don't want to invoke such drama...
What brainiac wrote in that topic is pure propaganda .

I will start a thread answering his false arguments.

PerrydPelle

15 Jun 2019 20:49

I also think that Kosovo is independent, but ProMods just wants to be neutral, which I fully understand. Your friends are not the majority in Serbia. Of course, some Serbs will not mind if Kosovo is in ProMods or not, but the majority will care. Unfortunately, avoiding it is the best option. But we have mods for Kosovo like Roex, and Project Balkans is planing to build it. If you want to be banned from ProMods you should indeed make that topic.
Developer of uh...

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Jun 2019 20:53

Well then, looks like you've only been focussing on the one link that has been posted and ignored all other concerns in my post. Including the big fat red text warning. Well, then, since my words have apparently fallen to deaf ears, some affirmative action must be taken instead. This topic will be locked for everyone to cool down and reconsider their standpoints.

-- TOPIC LOCKED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE --
Stop the discussion and don't take it elsewhere to avoid the lock. Ignoring this warning WILL have consequences.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2019 20:00

Topic has been reopened again. Please don't talk about disputed Areas like Kosovo, or the Topic will be locked again!!
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

fisherjb
Developer

16 Jul 2019 20:24

Hi, First Welcome back to the Balkan thread!
Let me introduce myself. My name is fisherjb and I'm a new dev for the Balkan area in Promods. Some of you have maybe seen me already in the academy. I would like to share some work i've been mapping lately :)

I hope you like it :)
Last edited by fisherjb on 16 Jul 2019 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information