Promods Progress Chart [2014-05-01]

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
volan123
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 14:11

uk_daf_fan wrote:I'm not sure I can let you do that at the moment but just PM me the landmarks and I will add them.
Is this called Google Map Maker? Because this thing is so strange to me at least...
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Ronalien

11 Aug 2014 14:37

Wel talking about Slovenia... I was thinking about creating it.. but I don't have experience in creating maps.
I was thinking about Maribor, Celje, Ljubljana and maybe Koper...

If anyone wants to make a map, I'm offering my help.. even if I don't know what I can do... but I'm a quick learner.
uk_daf_fan wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:Well, there are ideas about adding Slovenia. If we are going to add it, considering the size of the country, there's room for only two cities, maybe three. Ljubljana and Maribor seem to be the most obvious choices.

Maybe this could be a new project of mine. But first I want to get the release of 1.7 out of the way so I can work with a "clean" sheet again (yes, this does have a technical reason). And (of course) a more detailed plan is required before we start...
It's possible you're looking at something like this...

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 0qMv_eQhHg

I was surprised at how easily three cities fit into the country. However, if you can only add two, Ljubjana and Maribor are the obvious choices. I have included two possible sightseeing options. Obviously bear in mind this is a highly hypothetical map.
I was thinking something similar...
Last edited by Almighty on 11 Aug 2014 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try avoiding double posting.

Offices:
Image Brussels (HQ), Liège Image Luxembourg Image Bratislava, Košice, Banská Bystrica

Purno
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 14:40

Ronalien wrote:Wel talking about Slovenia... I was thinking about creating it.. but I don't have experience in creating maps.
And I didn't have any experience prior to my work in Iceland.
If anyone wants to make a map, I'm offering my help.. even if I don't know what I can do... but I'm a quick learner.
There's movies at youtube with instructions to get you started. try this one for starters.

volan123
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:01

I have done the best concept as I could: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 5RmggWVnxw What do you think about? :D

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:12

Great ideas, you know a lot of landmarks!

I like the idea of Celje being added as scenery.

volan123
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:15

uk_daf_fan wrote:Great ideas, you know a lot of landmarks!

I like the idea of Celje being added as scenery.
Thanks! I also liked the idea of having other cities as sceneries ;)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

Vladzz-G
Developer

11 Aug 2014 15:16

Hmm... Maybe in this project you could make also italian city Udine in ETS2? It has 120 000 inhabitants, and not located too close to another planned cities.
And what better? Put slovenian Koper, or italian Trieste? According in that fact, that Trieste is much bigger, than Koper.

So, that Slovenia will have 2 or 3 cities, and new city Udine (or also Trieste) in Italy. ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

stummer
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:18

First we would need a 3D modeler, who can create the landmarks where we can't re-use existing buildings.
And keep in mind, that the ETS2 is in scale 1:19 - so these landmarks could look crowded together.

volan123
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:20

Vladzz-G wrote:Hmm... Maybe in this project you could make also italian city Udine in ETS2? It has 120 000 inhabitants, and not located too close to another planned cities.
And what better? Put slovenian Koper, or italian Trieste? According in that fact, that Trieste is much bigger, than Koper.

So, that Slovenia will have 2 or 3 cities, and new city Udine (or also Trieste) in Italy. ;)
But Luka Koper port is bigger than Trieste (trust me, I've been to both ports and I can tell you Koper's port is bigger, and it's now in the process of enlargment) and I like to see Slovenian coast because it looks awesome ;) Also if Koper is included there won't be any problems with connecting roads to Croatia.... so I think Koper ftw :D

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2014 15:20

Vladzz-G wrote:Hmm... Maybe in this project you could make also italian city Udine in ETS2? It has 120 000 inhabitants, and not located too close to another planned cities.

But surely it would look better to say you have three new cities in Slovenia rather than two ;)

Solution: Build both Trieste and Koper, like Haparanda and Tornio, there will be room if you prioritise one over the other.
Last edited by KubaJAM on 11 Aug 2014 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information