Cyprus Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Platypus
Developer

19 Sep 2016 17:50

Yes, there is an IKEA in Nicosia ;-)

astronomer
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2016 18:13

IKEA is early everywhere :D

norguy

19 Sep 2016 19:07

Fantastic project! Looks really, really awesome! Can't wait to see more from southern Europe :D

But is it realistic to expect to see it in the next version? Isn't ProMods quite far from reaching Greece?

Platypus
Developer

19 Sep 2016 19:13

Zniwek wrote:Try again when you'll feel it's time to give yourself another chance ;)
ArdaTR68 wrote:And here is my question!
I know it is early to ask but i want to know
Is it possible to add Israel,Lebanon and Turkey?
(There is a cyprus-israel and lebanon-turkey ferry)
And Lefkosia is so beatiful good work! :D
It is possible but we'll all see in the future :)
Hello,

I see here some quite interesting ideas but I have to investigate it more deeply
So, I will make no promises on this ;) However, here is a first idea of what could eventually be done :

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually. The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria, other is a ferry from Athens to Izmir.
Syria : sorry, this is actually war area ... :(
Lebanon : interesting, I like the idea of Beirut with it's airport. However, Lebanon is quite blocked by the closed borders / war. The turkish ferry can not be used because we would need nearly the whole south coast of Turkey first. Maybe a connection to Cyprus could help in a first time ...
Israël : good idea also but with some reserve due to potentially political sensitive situation. The road between Haifa and Ashdod (the two ports) through Tel Aviv area could be studied
Egypt : don't forget it also...

But I repeat that all of this are only possibilities, based on my personal opinion. I would like to work in this area that can offer interesting landscapes for the game, but don't forget we have also to make the link to Thessaloniki (and some parts of Greece) to link this area to the map :)

For Greek islands, only some of them will be considered due to scale, like Crete and Rhodos
norguy wrote: But is it realistic to expect to see it in the next version? Isn't ProMods quite far from reaching Greece?
We could reach Thessaloniki quite quickly, so some parts could come at medium term. In which version, I don't know. As usual, it's ready when it's ready :mrgreen:

Regards,
Platypus

ETS2-User
Developer

19 Sep 2016 19:17

ProMods is never going to touch Egypt since we're in cooperation with Chadedala/RustyNail666 who is doing an amazing job there. We guaranteed him his sectors as safe and when the time comes we will develop connections with it just like with RusMap.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Punkii
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2016 19:36

that sounds nice.
But this is very very far away
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

Callipso
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 00:05

Platypus wrote:
For Greek islands, only some of them will be considered due to scale, like Crete and Rhodos
look at it this way. there is a large sea with nothing in it literally. why not up the scale in the Mediterranean just to allow the islands to be present? even if they are not in correct position the free space in the sea allows some upscale if needed for more of the islands to be present.

EG0611

20 Sep 2016 05:22

About islands it is impossible to resize map for an area. Maybe with cut planes the area of maps might be increased but that won't be realistic.

Nissantruck

20 Sep 2016 10:36

It sounds nice to me that Crete and Rhodes can possibly be in the Promods map someday.
I mean when it is ready and not before that. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2016 16:37

Imagine driving sponges from Κάλυμνος (Kalimnos) over Kos and then over the Balkan t osomewhere.
I guess Kalimnos won't fit, but Kos may... if Jersey fits...

*Off-topic*
I love greek letters.
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information