Cyprus Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2018 23:34

Any disputed areas will not be added at all, end of discussion on that matter for the TRNC.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

ScuL
Founder

09 Jan 2018 03:07

NiclasHopsi wrote:
08 Jan 2018 16:06
Would you also add the Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus?
No because it clashes with our "no conflicted political regions" policy
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2018 08:07

Amazing island with beautiful landscapes and cities according to Platypus`s screenshots. I`ve calculated that if Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca and Nicosia will be added we`ll get 200+ km of roads.

erkinalp

09 Jan 2018 08:29

ScuL wrote:
NiclasHopsi wrote:
08 Jan 2018 16:06
Would you also add the Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus?
The conflicted parties are outsiders in this case. Turkey and Greece. Not TRNC and ROC. TRNC and ROC are in a so peaceful state that citizens of each other can freely pass the border of central Nicosia.

samuray
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2018 09:31

kopmuwka wrote:
09 Jan 2018 08:07
Amazing island with beautiful landscapes and cities according to Platypus`s screenshots. I`ve calculated that if Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca and Nicosia will be added we`ll get 200+ km of roads.
Would love to see the map view.

gmtavares

09 Jan 2018 11:04

erkinalp wrote:
09 Jan 2018 08:29
ScuL wrote:
The conflicted parties are outsiders in this case. Turkey and Greece. Not TRNC and ROC. TRNC and ROC are in a so peaceful state that citizens of each other can freely pass the border of central Nicosia.
I have some acquaintances of mine in Nicosia.
They can confirm that as long as they have the ID with them they could go, and have gone, to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
It is true that there is a small degree of conflict between the communities, but considering how the Republic of Cyprus is in the EU, it means it is peaceful, as otherwise they would not have been able to join... It is part of the requirements to join the EU to have stability in borders or whatever...
It would make this area quite unique, but I believe it could be added without compromising anything, considering this situation is known worldwide, and Cypriots from the north and south all know how the situation is.
As long as it is depicted correctly, all I can see is non-Cypriot Greeks getting a little triggered... But with out much of a reason to be. It is a trucking game, after all.

As a side note: British RAF bases?
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Platypus
Developer

09 Jan 2018 13:43

Hello,

Thanks for comments. Here the actual map of Cyprus. The blue roads are nearly done, the extension to Pafos is planned. Small blue squares show approximately the companies. It's already a little more than 300 km of new roads, to drive on the left side ;)
Cyprus.jpg
Cyprus.jpg (91.62 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
I went to Cyprus and also know about the situation in the northern part. Yes, the border is open ... but TRNC is not an internationnaly recognized state (except by Turkey), so it will not be done, as said from the first post in these topic and reconfirmed by ScuL today. Could I kindly ask to stop the discussion on this point in the topic ? Thanks for this.

Regards,
Platypus

gmtavares

09 Jan 2018 14:27

Shifting to another issue, is there a way of including any of the RAF bases?
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Platypus
Developer

09 Jan 2018 15:54

Hello,

I don't think to add those RAF bases. Sorry but in fact, I don't understand very well the interest for this area ... So, I will focus on Pafos.

Regards,
Platypus

JohnBart
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2018 17:14

Looks great, Platypus! ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information