Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Oskiek

14 Jan 2016 22:15

This is very cool. You are making only Romania or whole Bulgaria too? Could you write what is WIP?

Barrett_killz

15 Jan 2016 00:51

"It's ready when it's ready"
- on behalf of Volleybal4life :lol:

- Thanks
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 15 Jan 2016 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited

Rigelmeister

15 Jan 2016 06:29

Oskiek wrote:This is very cool. You are making only Romania or whole Bulgaria too? Could you write what is WIP?
Work in progress. MIRFI previously stated that he dreams of reaching to Istanbul eventually, so if he works towards that goal, we can say he is going to build whole Bulgaria. Well it's a small country so two or three cities will probably do it.

I am wondering if there are any projects, related to MIRFI's one or not, planning to go further than Istanbul. You know, if someone went up to Turkey and Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia etc. then those places could be connected thanks to RusMap or any other group who would work on Crimea, Ukraine, Krasnodar, Sochi etc. There are a few ferry options in that area as well.

Europe is pretty much done, except for a few countries and regions, excluding rebuilding projects. So I'd be really happy if someone stepped up the game and expand the territory into east. The problem is, I guess, there is no local skilled enough to mod those areas. Secondly, Crimea will probably never be modded before Ukraine & Russia conflict is over.

samuray
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2016 09:23

Rigelmeister wrote:Well it's a small country so two or three cities will probably do it.
It is not that small at all. It is 110,994 square kilometres. Latvia is 64,589 square kilometres and there are 6 cities planned.

Rigelmeister

15 Jan 2016 09:34

samuray wrote:
Rigelmeister wrote:Well it's a small country so two or three cities will probably do it.
It is not that small at all. It is 110,994 square kilometres. Latvia is 64,589 square kilometres and there are 6 cities planned.
I don't know what's wrong with me nowadays but I keep mixing countries, sorry. You are right. It's double shame considering I grew up in Çorlu in Turkey which is only 3hr drive from Bulgarian border. :lol:

So I guess Pleven can be added as a border-crossing town. Other options are Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, maybe a few central cities to make it denser... Of course this all depends on what MIRFI is planning to do - he may not even keep doing Bulgaria. I am by no means asking for this stuff, just brainstorming and kinda "what I would do if I knew modding"ing.

Oskiek

15 Jan 2016 13:17

If i would know something more, i would help.

MIRFI
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2016 15:40

All I can tell you is that ProMods won't get out of Europe borders. So Istanbul would be on the S-E limits of the map. ;) But I repeat. This is the long long term plan. I haven't even made yet a proper plan for Bulgaria. Maybe after my exam session. ;)

LOK330

16 Jan 2016 18:12

MIRFI wrote:All I can tell you is that ProMods won't get out of Europe borders. So Istanbul would be on the S-E limits of the map. ;) But I repeat. This is the long long term plan. I haven't even made yet a proper plan for Bulgaria. Maybe after my exam session. ;)
But i believe the egypt become a part of promod map in one day :lol:

MYE2001

16 Jan 2016 19:32

I doubt anywhere in Asia is going to be added.Because if you want to add Asia,you should firstly add Turkey.But is bigger than France or Ukraine by area.For example,when we look the amount of time Kutchek put into France (He still continues mapping it) mapping Turkey completely will require a HUGE time.Moreover,I think most of the developers don't have much ambitions about mapping the country.And also the team has priorities for now.Rebuilding existing areas,completely mapping Baltic countries,maybe adding Balkans etc...

slavisg21
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 01:26

I am from Bulgaria, and i will be like see cities, who Sofia,Pleven, Plovdiv, Varna and my City Blagoevgrad, this is 80km to border with Greece, and all the traficc will pass her...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information