Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
kikosro

11 Jun 2014 16:16

Try to do moldova with his beautiful places and mountains ! Also Trans Alpina or Transfaragasanu will be the best roads on this map ! Good luck mate , all good wishes to finish your part of this project !

salbaticu_13

14 Jun 2014 21:00

sper ca nu supar pe nimeni cu o intrebare mai ciudata: ne rupem camioanele in drumurile din romania?

Almighty
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2014 21:03

Please only post in English of both languages so other members can read your post and can respond on it.
Happy trucking!

V2obert

15 Jun 2014 06:27

salbaticu_13 said:"I hope I don't bother anyone with a slightly weird question:do we break our trucks trough the roads in Romania?" he said that because a lot of roads are shitty as fuck

MIRFI
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2014 18:18

Again, back to earlier thought. Where are those bad roads you are talking about? I haven't seen any in 10 years or so.. :)

Romanians have a very awkward perception that the romanian roads are horrible, when in fact, they are not.. The streets aren't as organised as in the West, but the quality of the tarmac is quite acceptable.

By the way, thanks for the nice words, kikosro!

Anonim119
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2014 19:33

MIRFI wrote:Romanians have a very awkward perception that the romanian roads are horrible, when in fact, they are not..
Polish think the same too although we're I think the fastest new road building nation at the moment ;)

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2014 23:15

@V2obert: vulgarity aside, if your stick is getting crappy during intercourse, then you are putting it in the wrong hole...

...just saying. :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

MIRFI
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2014 05:58

Now back to the topic.. ;)

Traian'Draghici

16 Jun 2014 10:47

Any new news about the map ?

siskin

16 Jun 2014 22:46

Greetings,
Let me start with this: Congratulations! I would kiss you if it wouldn't be so awkward.

I recently got hooked on ETS2 and before I even knew mods existed for this game, all I could think about was "God, I wish there was a map of Romania.". When I discovered mods, I was VERY disapointed that every Romanian map of decent quality was standalone. When I found your map on ets2mods.org and read that it will be included in the large promod, I just learned I got accepted in heaven.

Now for the actual reason for which I write: Can you please clarify what's going on ?
As far as I can make out, the map is still in alpha development and no parts of it have been included in a promod release yet?
If so, is there any estimated time-frame of when will heaven descend upon the earth? (Read as: when the Romanian map will be included in promod?)
Can you say which cities are done, which are in progress and which are planned ?

And my secret inner hope: Have you done, or do you plan to do Bistrita? :>

Also, in case you don't already use a similar tool, instantstreetview is great for seeing everything as if you are actually driving around the world (in this case Romania) without actually leaving your home. Very useful for recreating as much realism as you want.

If you plan to add Bistrita and/or Cluj and haven't finalized them yet, I would be glad to help (because I live and frequently travel here) with information regarding good RL locations for trailer pickup / dropoff points and any other info you would like.

P.S. All the images at the beginning of the topic (except the very first one) are offline. Perhaps as you add more and more content to the map, you could also update over there? Over time as new replies are made to this thread, your updates will get lost somewhere in the middle of the thread.
Last edited by siskin on 16 Jun 2014 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information