Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
volan123
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 13:11

XZV wrote:Romania isn't part of EU or Schengen Area but is a candidate and I think MIRFI said in some previous post his gonna find a way to slow the truck down at the Hungary-Romanian border so I think he will do something similar for Serbia
What?! Romania is part of EU since 2007. What nonsense are you talking about?
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MIRFI
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 13:20

We are just EU members indeed, not yet in Shengen. But in EU since 2007! :)) I will find a way to make the border more realistic eventally.

XZV

14 Dec 2014 13:20

Wait sorry, Not Romania, Serbia. Gonna change it now
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

volan123
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 13:22

MIRFI wrote:We are just EU members indeed, not yet in Shengen. But in EU since 2007! :)) I will find a way to make the border more realistic eventally.
Wouldn't you need to make another border model or something? Since I was experimenting with borders in Slovenia and there are only a few of default ones, but making custom prefabs is quite hard job indeed and only a few can do it ;)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

kallejre

14 Dec 2014 14:02

MIRFI wrote:I will find a way to make the border more realistic eventally.
Where's the problem? Use streetview, satellite and local photos. Try something like in Stockholm port.

Mil00rad

14 Dec 2014 14:16

I hope Mirfi already knows this but let me explain to others...
Non-EU countries usually have double border controls at every border crossing,in this case between Serbia and Hungary...So this is one border crossing with two border controls,Serbian and Hungarian.Space between circles is nobody's land.
SCS prefab with rest area,flags and welcome sign is not real in this case.There have to be some tolls.
Anyway,I can't wait to see Novi Sad in the game. :D

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

14 Dec 2014 16:43

SCS prefab with rest area,flags and welcome sign is not real in this case.There have to be some tolls.
I think you mean Customs and Immigration, since that's what you're looking at on that particular border.

Since you don't leave the Schengen Area by road in the vanilla game... There's no actual need for border controls because everyone just kinda goes "Meh". The implication is that all vignettes, taxes and inspections are sorted out before you begin or on the train/ferry. It's an ideal world.

Between countries not part of the Schengen Area (Like to Croatia or Romania) there would of course be serious border controls with proper customs and immigration (hence why Going East stops well within Poland and Hungary), but not for the vast majority of the border crossings in the game.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

jontsuba
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 20:33

Maybe an example of that is the old customs area that you see between Berlin and Poznan (highway example) and between Wien and Bratislava (single-lane example)

MIRFI
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 20:43

Those are the models I preffer, indeed. I will also set up some traffic restrictions like speed etc.

volan123
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 21:13

On Slovenian-Croatian border, things are a bit different. Both countries are in EU, but Croatia isn't in Schengen Area so on the border you don't have to report your goods, but they still require to show your ID ;)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information