Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 19:34

Mushu7 wrote:Well i guess is my bad because i dare to say that someone mistakes twice some romanian cities.
Yeah I know but this is only a presentation of how it looks. Mistakes can be. It important these not apear in game (mod).
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

Mushu7
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 19:36

Yeah, let's hope the final product is gonna be epic, after all is Mirfi's work.

Purno
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 19:42

Well, you should know that there's several people working on the signs. The guy making the overlays (with the city names on it) is not the same guy actually placing the signs. Making overlays requires different skills than placing signs.

So when there's a typo in a city name (like Craiova, we were made aware quite a long time ago), I choose to continue placing signs everywhere. Once the overlay has been fixed, it'll be fixed on all signs automatically. There's no point in delaying sign placement because of a typo in an overlay.

I can choose not to show you any screenshots with typos in them, but where's the fun in that? ;)

You'll also have to realize that we've got hundreds of overlays with hundreds of city names, often in languages we're unfamiliar with, and including special characters I wouldn't even know the correct key-combination for. We often try to make overlays quickly so we can move on to another task, or because we're limited in our spare time. It's only logical a small typo slips in a few city names. And since we've have to do all our modding in our spare time, it could very well be that the guy who can fix the typo, doesn't have time to do so for a few weeks. Fixing Craiova took a while, even though we were aware of the typo for a long time.

If you spot any new typos, please notify us and we'll add them on our to-do list. We'll fix them, although it could take a bit of time to do so. :)

kReX

09 Nov 2015 19:57

But why aren't you using "new system" signs (why did the team make the "old system" signs instead of "new system?)? Do they take longer time to be made or what is the reason?
SLOVENIJA

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 20:08

Because back in the day we started with Romanian assets the new system wasn't available yet.

We might build the new system in the future for Romania but we haven't planned that yet. Please keep in mind that fixing typo's is alot harder in the new system than in the old system.

Coming back on that topic. We do like feedback but it's way it's presented.

There is a big difference between "Hey guys, you wrote it wrong. This should be This." and ""Crisinau" ? Really? First "Crainova" , then this?".

Anyways the signs are now fixed. All reported typos are now correct again.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Bramzel
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 20:10

Great work guys, and I admire your patience! :)

Mushu7
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 20:14

@Purno Well, as you can see, i will choose not say anything anymore because some youngsters jump on me like i've been hiting them in the head with an axe like the czech guy who can see me angry (maybe he has paranormal activity and he can see through screen at people) or the canadian one who is shy to show his age. Nevermind, i have a good time tonight, i might say i was laughing :) so keep it up, have a good one, just like i did and let's see the final product realistic as possible. Goodbye!

ETS2-User
Developer

09 Nov 2015 20:17

Now that's more than enough. Nico declared this case closed. BACK TO TOPIC NOW.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Barrett_killz

09 Nov 2015 21:35

Why is Chisinau in the same direction as Ruse (Bulgaria)? Feels hard to believe that there's even one sign with Chisinau on A2.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 Nov 2015 23:33

I know that the discussion has been closed, but I have something to say about this, since I'm resposible for the overlays here:
Mushu7 wrote:Well i guess is my bad because i dare to say that someone mistakes twice some romanian cities.
Well, that's a pure coincidence. I'm responsible for the majority of the sign overlays in the old system, which Romania uses. If you make dozens and dozens of overlays, it is not unlikely that every once in a while you read or type a place name wrong. This didn't only happen in Romania; it already happened Sweden (Hudviksvall instead of Hudiksvall), Denmark (both SCS and I once made the mistake to write Hirsthals instead of Hirtshals) and even in Belgium ("Rijssel" instead of "Rijsel", heck, that was even my own language, Dutch! But I don't use that name for Lille that often...). And I'm glad that Radol and his team did the Polish overlays; I'd get instant dyslexia of those :lol:

Mistakes happen. That's typically human. Deal with it and don't be a prick about it (Give me a break! My task list is long enough already!). If you're not to familiar with a name, you have quite a chance that you interpret it wrong or spell it wrong. For the record, I still don't know how to spell Jyväla- erm - Jylävy- erm - JYVÄSKYLÄ correctly from memory...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information