France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 12:14

MandelSoft wrote:They didn't rebuild the cities, because they only had 1½ months to upgrade the whole original part of France.
Is this something you will rebuild in near/distant future?

phlyer91
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 13:32

penguinaz wrote:
However the DLC compatibility will hopefully be ready in a week or 2
This would be amazing! :)

Stinus

06 Dec 2016 15:25

Isn't it a good idea to add departement signs if you rebuild France? Like you did it in the promods map.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 15:27

That, of course, is part of the whole merge ;)

Else it would be a bit like half work :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

taurus31

06 Dec 2016 16:22

I m very disappointed about this Dlc when I compare cities made by Kutchek and cities of Scs. Nantes, Rennes espacially Toulouse and Bordeaux aren t realistic. Its totally irealistic compared to Promods...
I have got a lot of hope that these problems will be resolved by Promods teams.

zebenji
Graphics Designer

06 Dec 2016 16:35

taurus31 wrote:I m very disappointed about this Dlc when I compare cities made by Kutchek and cities of Scs. Nantes, Rennes espacially Toulouse and Bordeaux aren t realistic. Its totally irealistic compared to Promods...
Bordeaux and Toulouse might not be realistic, but Blagnac (Northwest of Toulouse) and Bassens (East of Bordeaux) are pretty much accurate. They simplified the scenery a bit but these two areas are extremely close to reality (except the Aquitaine bridge which surprisingly didn't make it). Did not need a map to know where to go, every intersection there is the same as in real life.

What bothered me more was the Rhone valley. No transition from A6 to A7, according to SCS you need to drive downtown Lyon. That, indeed, is quite unrealistic, especially when you realize they just skipped the refineries and chemical companies in the area. Lyon is still the first chemical area in France, after all...
Stinus wrote:Isn't it a good idea to add departement signs if you rebuild France? Like you did it in the promods map.
Actually region signs have been added, but these have changed last year (not sure all the new logos have been released). I did submit department signs to Kutchek, he did not include them for some reason but they might be somewhere in the database...

taurus31

06 Dec 2016 17:03

Yes you re right, but I talked just about city not about towns around.
I m from Toulouse, and in Dlc only Blagnac is nicely represented. But I prefer Promods

TheYoutuberMBGB

06 Dec 2016 17:21

Is there a release date of it? Because I want to play Promods again. Now I need to change my version if I wanna play Promods and change it back to play multiplayer.

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Dec 2016 17:22

There's never a release date until the date it's released.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2016 19:02

I m very disappointed about this Dlc when I compare cities made by Kutchek and cities of Scs. Nantes, Rennes espacially Toulouse and Bordeaux aren t realistic. Its totally irealistic compared to Promods...
Don't knock it entirely. I'm seeing some negative opinions about the DLC; but I side with MandelSoft's positive opinions of it on Squirrel's stream.

There are some areas that are done better than in ProMods in the DLC; about a half, shame to admit, like a country road from Rennes towards A71 that goes near Clermont-Ferrand, and Montpellier that has an airport and generally feels like a well-polished city. Junctions feel very realistic and there is no annoying lane detachments. All signs inform you of junction lanes clear and well in advance. The rest areas are more realistic and varied (rest areas with and without petrol stations). There are speed cameras with realistic signs warning you of a speed camera and the countryside feels very atmospheric. Paris is very good too!

Another half of it needs ProMods treatment though. There are no signs indicating distances towards cities, and no SANEF, APPR signs etc. The A75 feels bland and far from a mountaineous road that A75 actually is. Most cities itself are boring (Clermont is flat irl, it isn't very flat in the DLC), the south has more trees than Canada, it could benefit from a road next to open sea (probably a scale issue there, can be forgiven), and we can now venture into "le Jardin"! Sweet! Never wanted to drive into a garden, but now I can. Unfunny easter egg; instead, tell me about a more realistic location, be useful... That's what signs are there for, especially when it is a simulator.

So that's your ideas list from me there in one post for the France rebuild/merge ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information