France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
RobertKNL
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2017 06:48

I personally really like the SCS France, the only 3 flaws I've seen are:

1. No Normandy/Cherbourg
2. Paris is big, but lacks 'heart'. Would be nice to have an actual city to go to, instead of just the industrial zones (even though that is only very realistic)
3. Some companies are hours away from a city (Le Mans primarily).

To be honest I haven't made it very far south yet, so can't speak about that, but the north side has some flaws. The middle part however, especially the b roads, are exceptional.

If this merge is as brilliant as the Scandinavia merge I can't wait :)

Vøytek
Developer

27 Mar 2017 09:43

1. Cherbourg should come back soon
2. That's a truck simulator, not a tourist simulator, so I'm afraid it won't happen ;)
3. Well, that's because they're located in some villages I guess but SCS just doesn't use their real names, instead assigning companies to nearest big city and it won't change - it's their new style
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2017 10:45

Yeah, their strategy on naming towns and cities is weird. And I understand it isn't a tourist sim (meant to say very unrealistic in my previous comment), but I'm certain there are some companies closer to the actual city. Like with London I know trucks actually deliver to places like Spitalfields market and Covent Garden.

Anyway, I don't want to spark a whole discussion about "we should be able to drop this close to the Eiffeltower" or something (I feel a bit guilty about the whole football stadium/racetrack discussion, sorry about that), just giving my 2 cents about the current state of the map and what I'd personally change.

frank7895

27 Mar 2017 12:54

Vøytek wrote:1. Cherbourg should come back soon
2. That's a truck simulator, not a tourist simulator, so I'm afraid it won't happen ;)
3. Well, that's because they're located in some villages I guess but SCS just doesn't use their real names, instead assigning companies to nearest big city and it won't change - it's their new style

And promods is here for What ?

Remember Bruxelle, Nurnberg, Francfort Main, and many other city that promods did make

So yes SCS Paris need City.

jamal1992
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2017 13:27

what about A86 in paris and the Boulevard Périphérique because ring road looks unfinished in paris

Vøytek
Developer

27 Mar 2017 13:44

Of course, it depends on a dev and on a city - in Poznań and its surrounding area all companies are around the city, so there's no point of including city center. Sometimes the scale of this game is also a problem.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

LOK330

27 Mar 2017 14:03

frank7895 wrote:
Vøytek wrote:1. Cherbourg should come back soon

And promods is here for What ?

Remember Bruxelle, Nurnberg, Francfort Main, and many other city that promods did make

So yes SCS Paris need City.
I remember ScuL said that La Tour Eiffel will appear new promod version , so i sure Paris will appear city , may be look like Bruxelle

Vøytek
Developer

27 Mar 2017 14:06

It may be just placed somewhere in the background. We'll see, Paris is not high on our priority list for now.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

wujex

27 Mar 2017 14:21

So, Nothing New terrains in 1.27 ?? Fantastic.... :/

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Mar 2017 15:11

Fantastic indeed.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard