Slovakia Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Peterson

01 Feb 2017 21:43

OlavEmil wrote:Ah, I see. Here in Scandinavia, it is all about the E.

The northern route is quite a bit shorter coming through Prague. We do have the huge advantage of being permitted to drive through Slovakia on sundays, so we are pretty much alone on the road. That also saves us from any border queue at Ужгород. Although, we also have a priority for that queue, but still much quicker at the border itself, being pretty much all alone in the TIR border :) .
And what do you think about the scenery along the road? I know, it's not Norway, but it's pretty nice near Poprad, or near that new strech in the Spiš region...

Damn, you Promods guys have a real challenge here, since the landscape can change drastically...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

FH-Fahrer
Developer

01 Feb 2017 21:48

Peterson wrote: Damn, you Promods guys have a real challenge here, since the landscape can change drastically...
Indeed, it's going to be a challenge. Such a small scale and diverse landscapes. But I'm sure that we will accomplish something nice in Slovakia ;)
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 21:58

I very much enjoy the drive through Slovakia. It is actually probably my favourite European countries to drive through (other countries I drive are Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Ukraine). To be honest, the shortest route would be through southern Poland, but I so much prefer the scenery of Slovakia (and Czech) that I take the detour :) . Besides, I usually go criss-crossing Poland picking up loads when returning.

Definitely wouldn't mind trying out the southern route as well, but I think that would be stretching it a little too much, when I am already adding a couple hundred kms to the trip...

So yes, I definitely look forward to seing what magic Promods / FH-Fahrer can do with Slovakia!

(and since we are already waaay off topic: I also enjoy the speeding ticket tariffs in Slovakia. I was clocked in at 85km/h in a 60 zone (road work on the motorway, obviously no work being done on a sunday, apart from the police officers having a speed control). That cost me € 50. In Norway, 86km/h would have cost me my licence, as well as anywhere between €1700 and €2300, depending on the judge in court...)

Peterson

01 Feb 2017 22:09

I certainly hope so. And if I you ever need anything, I'll try to help (somehow).

Olav: We're damn lucky here. But from what I've heard, if you commit an offence like this 3 times (I believe that if your fine exceeds 60€), you have to retake your driver's exam. And if you're caught for whatever the reason during driving lessons, you'll get a ban for 2 years. And yes, you can have your license taken away for such small thing as a Stop sign (yes, I got caught for that, but it cost me only 10€ instead of 150€)

In your case, southern route would be pointless, the road between Trenčín and Prievidza is poor and narrow, and with lots of traffic, so I would stick to the D1. Unless you enjoyed the panel surface of the Czech D1...

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

BrocalyP

19 Mar 2017 19:29

Is it possible that some parts of this project will be released in 2.2?

IvanGF14
Developer

19 Mar 2017 19:38

Time will tell ;)

Peterson

19 Mar 2017 20:46

Which means no, or that one interchange at the border that will come with Vienna. And that's pretty much all, I'm not really expecting more.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Punkii
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2017 21:00

I think only the interchange at Zvolen
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2017 22:58

Punkii wrote:I think only the interchange at Zvolen
Can't wait to meet my man Peterson there!

speedy650

21 Mar 2017 18:02

Hello FH-Fahrer, what cities will be added ? i can help you with something if you need, especially with Lučenec -normal city in middle-south of slovakia, and Banská Štiavnica - smaller but historical city (whole city is in unesco) in the hills called štiavnické vrchy and highway R2, R1 near zvolen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bansk%C3% ... A0tiavnica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lu%C4%8Denec
https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%BDch ... Slovensko)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information